• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you consider Joanna Vs Weili the GOAT WMMA fight ever?

The fight was basically a boxing match with MMA gloves. One takedown and a couple of missed inside leg kicks.

Glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

Pretty rudimentary technique from Zhang too. Effective but rudimentary.

Great fight superior "Goat Status" absolutely not. It has to be better, it must or else I'm .....

JJ is setting a trap for Zhang. JJ has a lot trash talks and she post a pic to anger Zhang.
In return, Zhang is angered and eager to knock JJ off. So first round Zhang was pushing to hard and getting in to the trap of JJ. The rest rounds is JJs pace, Zhang started struggling. But Zhang still seek a KO win in her heart. Zhang is short in arm length, so she volunteerly get punchs, especially body punch and kicks in order to secure a KO opportunity.
The game is in JJs control but Zhang won it anyway.
u=2582659516,3510890804&fm=70&app=69&f=JPEG

Yes. There are no other fights that compare in terms of both fighters being highly skilled and equally beating the shit out of each other for 5 full rounds.

Yeah. Watched the entire fight twice, and the highlights a couple of times. Mesmerising stuff. 5 rounds of non-stop, high intensity pressure fighting with an extremely high level showcase of skill.

I think there is a decent case for it being a top 5 UFC fight ever, regardless of gender.

Sure, for me best WMMA fight ever.

But i like wars and sacrifices to the JBG.

Coenen/Cyborg 1 and 2 were very action packed fights, though not too competitive...

I really liked Modafferi/Howe 2 as well.

Miesha Tate vs Julie Kedzie in Strikeforce and Michelle Waterson vs Jessica Penne in Invicta are pretty close in terms of excitement.

No, the best ones are when Rhonda gets KO'd or any which involve Tate in tight clothes.

Imagine if Tate ever KOd Rhonda. Ah I can dream.

I would say yes.

I mean it was good but I liked the Holly vs Tate fight more. I would love to also choose Nunes vs Cyborg since I loved how beautiful and accurate Nunes fought cyborg but I can see why most here wouldnt agree with me. She also beat the fighter most considered the GOAT WMMA
I don't even know if another that's remotely closer. The next 2 would probably be Schev vs Nunes 2 or Rose vs Joanna 2.

People say Holly vs Tate but that fight was pure garbage until the very last minute.

How is no one mentioning Claudia/Andrade? That was a three round bloody war.

Easily best wmma fight I’ve seen, though if we are talking only title fights it’s probably Tate/Holly or Andrade/Rose.

I don't even know if another that's remotely closer. The next 2 would probably be Schev vs Nunes 2 or Rose vs Joanna 2.

People say Holly vs Tate but that fight was pure garbage until the very last minute.

What makes shev vs nunes 2 a good fight???

You bozos that really want believe in this technique shit that fight was nothing but nunes swinging at air while shev lands maybe 3 good shots?a round nobody thinks that fight was even remotely close to even decent fight outside a few bozos on mma forums & comment sections.

Yes and I can't think of a close 2nd.

I mean Rousey/Holm and Nunes/Cyborg were great moments but one-sided fights.

Tate/Holm was a nice comeback but as a whole not as exciting.

Then there's competitive fights like Rousey/Tate 2 and Joanna/Namajunas 2 which were good but not quite as violent

Another decent one was Nunes vs Zingano but no title on the line and no grotesque hemotoma

Rousey vs Holm for me.
You can't replicate that kind of tension and surprise... and that iconic finish.

Back