Do you care for PFL on Friday before 265?

I’m glad he’s still fighting at, what 43? I will sure miss him when he’s gone. They don’t make personalities like that everyday. That’s generational talent, not only personality, but he’s a pretty good fighter too.

Pantheon level entertainer. And he did it without talking shit to boot. That takes a lot.

I kinda don’t, I’ll maybe catch the results. I just find it ironic that those guys are fighting for a million dollar prize and these UFC fighters are fighting for a million pesos.

<{chips}>

Im watching both with a devilish grin on my face ...great weekend of fights in bound.. pfl first..then ufc my two favorite promotions

I hate PFL. It's the worst promotion. Most boring fights of any promotion by far. Elbows are not allowed and because they have to potentially fight 5 times (2 in league, then quarter, semis and final) fighters are extremely cautious in order to not get injured during the fight. Very tentative and boring fights.

Also they put 200 useless stats in the screen and you can barely see anything. Knees landed in round, elbows landed, kicks landed, speed of punches, etc... for fucks sake, who cares?

They have talent but I wished that talent was fighting in a promotion where fights aren't so dull
Meh, at least they’re trying something different

Of course.

Also, the young man that Dana didn't give a contract to on Dancing With the Stars (because Dana is an embarrassment of a human being) is fighting Sheymon Moraes. Should be a good fight.

UFC event lasts 6 or 7 hours, which is unbearable to watch. Who in his right mind will even watch another MMA event before that???

IT looks like a well matched and fun card to me...apart from Collard getting sacrificed in the ME.

I wrestled in Ohio made state tournament a few times. I watched Palmer win his 4th straight state title. He got a standing ovation and all the guy was a beast. That said I've watched his fights though and he doesn't have a good striking skill set to make it in the top 10 imo and there are a some that can match his mma wrestling. Colby and Usman to name a few.
Palmer is 145...

I even watch ONE, Bellator, Rizin, Glory, Motogp... fuck it.

Last edited:
The fighters have to have finishes though or they won't make the playoffs and then obviously won't even be able to fight for the belt
That was the idea on paper, but in reality with only 10 fighters and 8 spots in the quaterfinals, all you need to do is win at least once by finish (while losing the other) or win twice by decision and you are in. This made the fights in the last 2 seasons really boring because everyone was barely active worrying about cuts or any other injury.

Yeah I'll be watching.

if you're a fan of mma why wouldnt you watch orgs like PFL, Bellator, One if you can since they are all on tv. There are good fighters and fights in all these orgs.
Because I can't keep up

40 events a year of UFC: 6-7 hours each
25 events a year for bellator: 6-7 hours each
40 events a year of ONE: 3 hours each
25 events of LFA: 3 hours each
10 events for the contender series (3 hours each) and also the ultimate fighter is coming back
I never miss a Rizin event, their rules are the best.

I can't keep up, I need to draw the line somewhere. PFL doesn't allow elbows. The fights end up being boring too because they are worried about injuries. I think I may watch this one but I probably will end up just looking at the results of the next ones like I already do with KSW and Brave.

I mean, Pettis is getting a free ride in his first opponent Clay Collard might as well be in the finals.

IT looks like a well matched and fun card to me...apart from Collard getting sacrificed in the ME.
Clay Collard may be a live dog in this one. He is a MMA fighter turned pro boxer and has a lot of upsets where he was thrown in every fight against undefeated records expected to lose and he didn't. Only one loss by TKO also.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/802494

And boxing fans are always telling me that their "athletes" are superior to MMA fighters so he must be really good <Eek2.0>

That was the idea on paper, but in reality with only 10 fighters and 8 spots in the quaterfinals, all you need to do is win at least once by finish (while losing the other) or win twice by decision and you are in. This made the fights in the last 2 seasons really boring because everyone was barely active worrying about cuts or any other injury.

Because I can't keep up

40 events a year of UFC: 6-7 hours each
25 events a year for bellator: 6-7 hours each
40 events a year of ONE: 3 hours each
25 events of LFA: 3 hours each
10 events for the contender series (3 hours each) and also the ultimate fighter is coming back
I never miss a Rizin event, their rules are the best.

I can't keep up, I need to draw the line somewhere. PFL doesn't allow elbows. The fights end up being boring too because they are worried about injuries. I think I may watch this one but I probably will end up just looking at the results of the next ones like I already do with KSW and Brave.

Only 4 fighters make it to the post season this year. {<redford}

In terms of time, I just barely watch anything live and the cards take about a third of the time, it's great.

Only 4 fighters make it to the post season this year. {<redford}

In terms of time, I just barely watch anything live and the cards take about a third of the time, it's great.
Yeah, no quaterfinals should make it more interesting. But also only 8 per division instead of 10. The "no elbows" thing is an issue though. Kayla Harrison was so boring in PFL but in Invicta she made a mess of her opponent with that improved GnP. And the 300 stats on the screen are so stupid.

I watch the main card of UFC in the sunday morning to avoid spoilers but everything else during the week because nobody talks about them. I fast forward everything and watch only the fights. Is still too much time. I may have to drop LFA or Bellator when the contender/TUF starts :oops:

Yeah, no quaterfinals should make it more interesting. But also only 8 per division instead of 10. The "no elbows" thing is an issue though. Kayla Harrison was so boring in PFL but in Invicta she made a mess of her opponent with that improved GnP. And the 300 stats on the screen are so stupid.

I watch the main card of UFC in the sunday morning to avoid spoilers but everything else during the week because nobody talks about them. I fast forward everything and watch only the fights. Is still too much time. I may have to drop LFA or Bellator when the contender/TUF starts :oops:

I manage to get through a lot of cards, but I'm also a complete MMA nerd, so there's that.

I do wish they'd get rid of the stats as you say, very distracting. I don't need live updates of how many shots they've thrown. I miss elbows, but I can see why they don't want to risk cuts with so little time between fights.

There's still 10 fighters per division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back