Do you care for PFL on Friday before 265?

I hate PFL. It's the worst promotion. Most boring fights of any promotion by far. Elbows are not allowed and because they have to potentially fight 5 times (2 in league, then quarter, semis and final) fighters are extremely cautious in order to not get injured during the fight. Very tentative and boring fights.

Also they put 200 useless stats in the screen and you can barely see anything. Knees landed in round, elbows landed, kicks landed, speed of punches, etc... for fucks sake, who cares?

They have talent but I wished that talent was fighting in a promotion where fights aren't so dull

They do get paid per fight tho
Only 5k though. But finalist does get 100.000. Not really sure if semis and quarter get 50 and 25 but wouldn't surprise if the money there increases

I hate PFL. It's the worst promotion. Most boring fights of any promotion by far. Elbows are not allowed and because they have to potentially fight 5 times (2 in league, then quarter, semis and final) fighters are extremely cautious in order to not get injured during the fight. Very tentative and boring fights.

Also they put 200 useless stats in the screen and you can barely see anything. Knees landed in round, elbows landed, kicks landed, speed of punches, etc... for fucks sake, who cares?

They have talent but I wished that talent was fighting in a promotion where fights aren't so dull

It might be a lot more interesting this year. They're not doing quarter finals so only four fighters will make the playoffs, that makes finishes for extra points during the regular season much more valuable.

Ya but it’s a million at the end of the season after fighting a 3 or 4 times. And it’s one fighter per weight class that gets it.

I mean, Pettis is getting a free ride in his first opponent Clay Collard might as well be in the finals.

The fighters have to have finishes though or they won't make the playoffs and then obviously won't even be able to fight for the belt

I always catch PFL fights. Glad they are back to Friday from Thursday. I wouldn't say I CARE about it as in I don't really care who wins their fights but I still like to watch. Lancer Palmer is one of the few who I think would be a top guy in the UFC threatening for a title.
I wrestled in Ohio made state tournament a few times. I watched Palmer win his 4th straight state title. He got a standing ovation and all the guy was a beast. That said I've watched his fights though and he doesn't have a good striking skill set to make it in the top 10 imo and there are a some that can match his mma wrestling. Colby and Usman to name a few.

Certainly will be tuned in. This card is better than pretty much every UFC fight night card we’ve gotten so far this year.

Hell yes, too many people have been brainwashed into thinking UFC's subpar content is the cream of the crop and nothing else matters

<WhatIsThis>

Good fights are good fights.

This gif is still hilarious.
All that just for Verdoom to get Ko’d by pre Uber Volkov. Sad for me, but a great face off none the less. Volkov was like wtf he’s coming at me with the steel chair, ready to throw down, and Werdum kinda sold it too. Then put it down and looked down on him. Lol

Edit: Look how happy Buffer is in the background. Like an 80yo grandma watching grandson billy play in the road.

All that just for Verdoom to get Ko’d by pre Uber Volkov. Sad for me, but a great face off none the less. Volkov was like wtf he’s coming at me with the steel chair, ready to throw down, and Werdum kinda sold it too. Then put it down and looked down on him. Lol

Edit: Look how happy Buffer is in the background. Like an 80yo grandma watching grandson billy play in the road.

Werdoom delivered a lot for us over the years. It happens.

Werdoom delivered a lot for us over the years. It happens.
I’m glad he’s still fighting at, what 43? I will sure miss him when he’s gone. They don’t make personalities like that everyday. That’s generational talent, not only personality, but he’s a pretty good fighter too.

Back