Opinion Do you believe Pitbulls are genetically the most dangerous dog?

Do you believe Pitbulls are genetically the most dangerous dog?

• Total voters
I might take a 150+ lb Tosa Inu over a gray wolf. Not definitively, but wolves fight for survival/to protect food, etc. A massive dog that's bred to fight like a Tosa Inu isn't interested in survival, it will go to the death. The wolf would likely look for an escape route once it realized how formidable its opponent was. The wolf wants to survive, the Inu wants to kill.
I've seen the videos about Ovchartkas, Kangols, and other "wolf killers" fighting off wolves, or even outright killing them, including even in 1v1 scenarios. However, from what I've seen, the wolves are usually very small.

Normally, I always lend a steep favor to mass, but it isn't always about mass. I know some domestic breeds have been bred specifically to be formidable, but I would be hesitant to take any domesticated canine against the largest gray wolves: the ones weighing up to 75kg-80kg. Because of head size. There are documentaries out there about this. The wolf's head is roughly double the size of domesticated canines. Smaller head size in canines is associated with their diminished aggressive traits. This is why the wolf has a bite force of roughly double to triple even the mighty Kangols, Tosas, and Mastiffs.

Furthermore, one thing observed from the history of barbaric dog pit fighting is that often a smaller dog will ultimately prevail not just because they get a bite on, and hold its grip fanatically, but because they have superior endurance. Just like in the UFC, dogfights often become contests of attrition. No domestic canine has the endurance of a wolf. The wolves in the arctic have been observed maintaining a sprint for over 5 miles straight eventually running down the Elk.

Coincidentally, I found myself marveling at the powerful front legs of the alpha wolf from Yellowstone in this video just a few weeks ago. And this isn't even a Timber Wolf (the ones that grow the largest).

Although, more importantly, I wasn't speaking specifically to the capacity of an invidual canine to be deadly. I was remarking on the fact that wolves are the most deadly because they are the least domestic. In that way, they are even more hostile, genetically, than the most aggressive domesticated breeds like Pit Bulls. Wolves, Dingos, African Wild Dogs...these are the deadliest canines if factoring in the frequency of human interaction with them. They prefer to avoid us. But if they're hungry, there isn't thousands of years of selective breeding working against them. We are not friends: only foe or food.

I've seen the videos about Ovchartkas, Kangols, and other "wolf killers" fighting off wolves, or even outright killing them, including in even 1v1 scenarios. However, from what I've seen, the wolves are usually very small.

Normally, I always lend a steep favor to mass, but it isn't always about mass. I know some domestic breeds have been bred specifically to be formidable, but I would be hesitant to take any domesticated canine against the largest gray wolves: the ones weighing up to 75kg-80kg. Because of head size. There are documentaries out there about this. The wolf's head is roughly double the size of domesticated canines. Smaller head size in canines is associated with their diminished aggressive traits. This is why the wolf has a bite force of roughly double to triple even the mighty Kangols, Tosa, and Mastiffs.

Furthermore, one thing observed from the history of barbaric dog pit fighting is that often a smaller dog will ultimately prevail not just because they get a bite on, and hold its grip fanatically, but because they have superior endurance. Just like in the UFC, dogfights often become contests of attrition. No domestic canine has the endurance of a wolf. The wolves in the arctic have been observed maintaining a sprint for over 5 miles straight eventually running down the Elk.

Coincidentally, I found myself marveling at the powerful front legs of the alpha wolf from Yellowstone in this video just a few weeks ago. And this isn't even a Timber Wolf (the ones that grow the largest).

Although, more importantly, I wasn't speaking specifically to the capacity of an invidual canine to be deadly. I was remarking on the fact that wolves are the most deadly because they are the least domestic. In that way, they are even more hostile, genetically, than the most aggressive domesticated breeds like Pit Bulls. Wolves, Dingos, African Wild Dogs...these are the deadliest canines if factoring in the frequency of human interaction with them. They prefer to avoid us. But if they're hungry, there isn't thousands of years of selective breeding working against them. We are not friends. Only foe or food.

Makes way more sense that's what you were talking about (the overall deadliness vs one v one).
And for sure, size matters as does skull size in a one v one setting. Tosas are being bred now apparently upwards of 200 lbs. Larger than even the biggest wolves. And their breeding has impressive stamina for their size (though not wolf-level obviously).

Really, it's more the ingrained survival traits of wild animals that might have them "lose" fights with dogs bred simply to fight and kill. When a wild animal is in danger, most often it will try to find a way to flee if possible. Even in scenarios where it clearly has the advantage, often it's instinct is to just GTFO of there. That's why you seen larger predators just run off when confronted by a wolverine or honey Badger. Or a large brown bear that would almost surely kill a cougar instead looks for somewhere to flee. A wolf, when confronted by something its own size or bigger that's showing sheer aggression...good chance the wolf just bolts. But if there is combat, it might even still be looking for an escape while a dog bred purely to kill or be killed will do just that.

Pitbulls of any variety are problematic. There is either the threat of physical harm

Or

Assault on musical good taste.
art.pitbull.gi.jpg

Our bully breed is 6 years old and 70 pounds and I’d bet everything I own that he would run away from an aggressive dog no how small they are. His nature is one of gentleness

Because the class of people who typically are attracted to this breed, they often get terrible back yard breeders who produce recessive stock. Which lead to poor sense of smell, eye sight or hearing, all of which can keep a dog in a reactive state. Not to mention neglect by the owners. So as long as unemployed fat ghetto ex cons with head tattoos exist, these shit bred dogs will be around.

I've met some very sweet, gentle pitbulls, and I think nurture plays a big role in how they turn out. But there are too many stories of the family pet, who was always sweet and gentle, suddenly tearing a todler to shreds for it to be a coincidence. Some of it is their nature.
I think you can say that for most "guard" dog breeds. I think the problem is the culture. If tomorrow, German Shepherds were mostly bred for fighting, and had a bunch of dumb shit hard asses and drug dealers buying them for security reasons, and another group of wide eye'd morons started "rescuing" them after they'd been abused for years in trying to make them killers, because they're just so damn cute, a whole lot of them would have "incidents" as well.

I would actually like to know the stats on how many of these incidents were caused by rescue dogs, and not pits born and raised from a pup in the home. Seems like there would be a correlation there.

I've gotten more confused reading this thread. Are we talking 40lbs dogs? Mongrels ? Staff's? What?

genetics effect behavior. this is true for all animals, even humans.

Reactions: TCE
It's always the owners who are the problem.
In fact I would say at least 95% of all dogowners do not have enough knowledge about dogs to own any type of dog.
Most dogowners have never read or owned any books about dogs, wich should be a must before ever buying any dog.
You should know everything there is to know about the type of dog you're getting, way before you even start looking for a dog.
People do more research for a new toaster, then for a dog.

My Pitty was the sweetest dog dog ever. So were her litter mates.

Dickhead owners raise dangeroud dogs and dickheads are drawn to pitties to prove they are tough guys.

These dogs look so evil and blood thirsty. Im sick of people talking bad about pitties I had one and he was the sweetest dog ever. My stepdads friend used to fight dogs and Bowser wouldnt fight so he gave him to us.
Karma too cause I just heard Larry died from cancer and he deeply regretted fighting them.
He had a whole yard of pitties in tiny cages that were never let out but to fight. Piss on him.
These were trained to kill and I could play with any of them.
@Pliny Pete knows they are good dogs.

And I'm sick of hearing about kids being mauled to death by dogs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back