Do you believe in man-made climate change?

Do you believe in man-made climate change?

• Total voters
I agree, we should be particularly skeptical when big money is backing a specific position, particularly when they are inflexible and unwilling to entertain alternative viewpoints.

“According to a recent report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, “Federal funding for climate change research, technology, international assistance, and adaptation has increased from $2.4 billion in 1993 to $11.6 billion in 2014, with an additional $26.1 billion for climate change programs and activities provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009.”

What are the alternate viewpoints in this case and do you believe they have enough evidence and scientific backing to warrant reasonable skepticism in AGW?

US built China, average American footprint is absurd. Per capita US is double than most countries.

Its laughable how American corporations talk about green while being the worst. Plastic everywhere, cities built for cars and rampant consumerism
Obviously you just want to bash the US, when China release double the Greenhouse gasses. The total is why you look at not per capital, as Canada and Australia are higher than the US and you wouldn’t say they are terrible polluters. China has hundreds of millions that are so poor they don’t own anything so that’s a bs stat. The difference is that The US is trending downward, looking for cleaner energy sources, while China doesn’t even care and continues to trend higher.

Yes. But we live better then 99% of civilizations that lived before us so that's the trade off. Secondly , there's certain parts of the climate changing we have no control over , like it or not. Miami will be under water at some point in the next few decades , regardless of our intervention. Certain places may also become inhabitable , that's just reality. The earth is going to go through cycles regardless of if its habitable for humans or not.

This isn't a natural cycle, we should be cooling a bit right now and we are the cause of the warming and sea level rise.

If you have read the book Apocalypse Never, you would realize that perhaps there is Man Made Global Warming, but that the impact of anything we are trying is a waste if we are hurting economies to do it.

We are in a natural warming cycle.... and those that exploit events are using that on the sheep... which is most of you.

If you have read the book Apocalypse Never, you would realize that perhaps there is Man Made Global Warming, but that the impact of anything we are trying is a waste if we are hurting economies to do it.

We are in a natural warming cycle.... and those that exploit events are using that on the sheep... which is most of you.

No, we're in a cooling cycle right now. For the past 60 years Solar Irradiance has dropped yet earths temp has risen. How can that be?

TvsTSI.png

You literally don't know anything

Obviously you just want to bash the US, when China release double the Greenhouse gasses. The total is why you look at not per capital, as Canada and Australia are higher than the US and you wouldn’t say they are terrible polluters. China has hundreds of millions that are so poor they don’t own anything so that’s a bs stat. The difference is that The US is trending downward, looking for cleaner energy sources, while China doesn’t even care and continues to trend higher.

What makes China releases tons of Co2 when most of the population live an impoverished life? They are manufacturing goods for Americans to buy. Of course you look at per capita too, all around US is the biggest culprit.

I think its bullshit but its US pushing this game, mostly for trade gains.

The evidence is pretty compelling. CO2 emissions make for a warmer globe.
The destruction that this can lead to is not as definite but still worrisome.
It doesn't invalidate that there are also natural cycles of warming and cooling.
How to solve it is more contentious. In broad terms, we need to completely change the way transportation, energy generation and manufacturing are done. Individual acts make very little difference, although they're important, kinda like voting.
To be fair, I don't think it's doable in the short term and we will probably suffer a little but I think by 2050s we will be mostly on the right track and the damage will not be that great although we will lose some biodiversity, certain people in poorer countries will suffer greatly and we will look back and regret how foolish we were. But then, without global warming we wouldn't have the industrial revolution and we would still be mostly pre-industrial peasants.

It's irrelevant because China is by far the worst polluter, and they do not give a shit.
Not sure why Americans keep repeating this propaganda.

We are 4% of the world's population, and we are responsible for about 15% of the emissions. China emits more than us because they have 30% of the world's population. Americans are patting themselves on the back for simply having a smaller population.
Per capita, we are worse. We are the most wasteful, glutinous nation on the planet.

Not to mention that part of China's emissions come from them manufacturing cheap garbage for our Walmarts, and supplying the rest of the world with cheap shit.
China actually has been working towards cleaning up their environment and investing in green tech.

To say that it is "irrelevant" for the United States of America, the supposed leader of the free world to not be taking a charge in cleaning up this planet is just crazy. We are by far the worst offender. We could single handedly change how other countries move and go forward, and we don't, because Americans would then have to stop living like spoiled assholes.

There's nothing to believe in or not. It's scientific fact.

Except I literally took the time to read one of the most researched book with the most experts every written on the subject.

Thanks for you sheepal input.

You are yet to provide any data other than "I read a book", which in itself is hard to believe considering it's coming from a Trumptard

What is causing the warming in this 30k warming cycle that you're referring to.

Milankovic Cycles certainly have an impact. They run about 25K - 30K years in time.

I would consult with Geologists as they have long term views of climate. I am fortunate to have a Professor of Geology that I've worked with for over the past decade. She is brilliant and runs our most complex projects as well as teaches at Cal State.

What makes China releases tons of Co2 when most of the population live an impoverished life? They are manufacturing goods for Americans to buy. Of course you look at per capita too, all around US is the biggest culprit.

I think its bullshit but its US pushing this game, mostly for trade gains.

It's not just the US. China is where Western countries outsource as much of their dirty industries as they can so they can say they're nice & green while maintaining an affordable & good standard of living. We move all the dirty shit to the other side of the world, literally, so that our people don't see it every day.

We are too overpopulated. We need to cull this heard.

We aren't overpopulated. We buy too much shit. We use too much shit. Materials run out really fast when you treat every meal like it's a buffet.

A planet can not sustain a system that is built on unchecked consumption.

Back