Do you agree with the champs calling the shots?

I say the UFC can gives them two options and in certain situations three at the max. But the champ should choose between that list rather than have free reign. Also they shouldn't be ducking the #1 or #2 for multiple fights to choose someone else or the UFC should pick for them. The UFC as a buisness should have as much say so in who fights next too.

The UFC needs to put more education out there that this is in fact prize fighting. Big popular fights take priority sometimes. Not all the time. But sometimes they do. Wonderboy and Jacare will get their title shots. Don't worry.

You also have to be more than a fighter to draw. Like McGregor. Jacare works for an American company based mostly in America and Canada. (Those are the two countries that buy the ppvs) English is the language spoken there. Fucking learn it! You don't have to be some master English speaker. But look at JDS. Dude went from not knowing a lick of English to being almost fluent over night. He knew how important this was. He was smart to know this. JDS is loved by most of us isn't he? Hey Jacare, Aldo get a clue!!!!

Then u have Werdum who knows english, Spanish and Portuguese fluently. Also another guy loved by most.

Obviously not, but i dont mind them making suggestions

Vacate the title and fight anyone you want.

No. I'd prefer if they fought the next guy up rankings wise...but seeing as UFC belts are hot potatoes and just about every current champion has a contender in the division they won't be able to beat(save DJ, Cruz, and maybe Bones-less DC) because of matchups. Might as well try to cash in on big name fights and potentially extend your reign as long as the suits will permit it.

What do you think?

First thing first, this is not boxing. This is a private company, so they should be the one deciding who lives and who dies aka who fights for the title and who doesn't.

UFC should stop giving so much power to fighters.

No,unless there moving up a class to face anthor champion

At least rack up 3 or 4 title defenses before trying to do that shit, like in homeboy Tyrone's case, not dodge rightful contenders for your first defense. GSP is going to put rumps in seats regardless if he is the champ or not, he should just feel blessed Georges is even open to it.

I like champions who move up and challenge themselves like Silva and Conor.

I do not like when they call out old legends.

I hate it tbh, but I think you should at least defend your belt a few times before calling your shots. But realistically, champions don't call their shots. Stars do. If you're a proven draw in UFC, you make them money like Conor or Ronda etc, you get to call your shots. DJ found out about his next fight via twitch. He didn't even know. So the belt doesn't have a lot to do with it IMO. Woodley can say whatever he wants, but ultimately he's not really going to have the final say.

if they cleaned the division then it is ok; but if you want to dictate the very first title defense...GTFO

What do you think?

First thing first, this is not boxing. This is a private company, so they should be the one deciding who lives and who dies aka who fights for the title and who doesn't.

UFC should stop giving so much power to fighters.
You got it confused. It's not the champs that call the shots, it's the money makers. Conor, GSP, Ronda. So with that said, the random guy that just won the welterweight title didn't make this fight. GSP told the UFC what he wanted and the UFC made it happen. All Woodley did was agree to what was already going to happen regardless.

UFC is now owned by WME which is an entertainment management company...it's all about the money, it's not MLB, NFL or NBA. They'll make the fights which make the most money. Like it or not the fighters will now need to act as promoters for themselves in order to get the fights they want. Woodley recognizes this, that's why he's calling out money fights and not top contenders. Believe me UFC will make the money fight before the fight that makes sporting sense. Look at Hendo & Bisping...it's all about the money in England.

I think this isent the case here nobody would say I don't wanna see wonderboy fight him. that's a big money fight. hes ducking him. and I don't fully agree. I think the people who war winning big fights and putting in the work people truly wanna see that.

The rankings are just as much of a sham. If the UFc wants Tyron to fight GSP, all they'd have to do is rank GSP as the #1 contender.

but results show in the rankings. except in the case of khabib the bear wrestler lol. he should be the number 1 contender with out a doubt. they got him way to low in the rankings!!!!!!!!!!!!

When they've defended at least 3 times or they're big enough stars to make a fun fight, even if that's not necessarily the top contender (though it usually is). Like Conor or Ronda are the latter, exceptions, while Jones, GSP, MM and Silva would be the former. "Common" champs should face the top contender. Then eventually their name value and/or p4p status grows and they become the former.

Woodley's preference to fight GSP or Nick Diaz for a big money fight doesn't mean he is calling any shots. GSP's interest in the fight is the deciding factor. The UFC wanting a cashcow GSP return is a deciding factor. If GSP had no interest in a return against Woodley, Woodley would be fighting whoever the UFC decides is his next opponent, that includes Wonderboy. Make no mistake about, Woodley didn't pick his next opponent, GSP and the UFC did.

tumblr_mjh1cusxZ31qedb29o1_500.gif

Not at all, I hate it. Only situation where it is acceptable would be a long lasting champ that cleaned the division. Now these dudes try to do it before even defending once.

Back