Do we know Islam's disclosed purse for his fight with Dober?

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere he signed a new contract after his fight with Ramos. His last fight he made 22k/22k, this after 6 years in the UFC. It seems pretty clear Ali/Dana don't care much for this guy with such a paltry salary.

For comparison Khamzat made 45k/45k his third fight last year, more than double Islam with 5.5 years less time in the UFC

We don't know disclosed purses usually. We don't actually know the purse he got for his last fight as Abu Dhabi don't disclose purses, so that was just a guess.

If he's signed a new deal it's reasonable to assume it's for more money, especially with Ali as his manager.

And 50k fight bonus for his last two fights, I am sure he's crying over his pay.

And 50k fight bonus for his last two fights, I am sure he's crying over his pay.
He got 5k fight week pay, no bonus. I would certainly be upset if a guy like Khamzat made twice as much in 1/6 the time.

ABU DHABI – Khabib Nurmagomedov, Ottman Azaitar, Belal Muhammad and Muslim Salikhov each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC 242 event.

All four earned “Performance of the Night” honors; no “Fight of the Night” bonus was handed out. UFC officials announced the winners following the event, which MMA Junkie attended.

Islam will dominate and the amount of money he's earning isn't a concern to him. Islam is on his path to the championship and as he continues to rise in the rankings they will obviously re-negotiate his contract so it's only a matter of time. Islam has the best training partner in Khabib and Khabib undefeated

Why would they pay him more? He barely fights and hasn't beat any top 15 guys.

If he beats ranked guys and works his way up, he'll get it but at the minute I don't see what he's done to justify being paid more, he isn't a draw, most of his popularity is purely down to being Khabib's mate.

He got 5k fight week pay, no bonus. I would certainly be upset if a guy like Khamzat made twice as much in 1/6 the time.

ABU DHABI – Khabib Nurmagomedov, Ottman Azaitar, Belal Muhammad and Muslim Salikhov each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC 242 event.

All four earned “Performance of the Night” honors; no “Fight of the Night” bonus was handed out. UFC officials announced the winners following the event, which MMA Junkie attended.

Islam said he got one, just because they are not disclosed doesnt mean they don't exist. In fact back room bonuses have been a thing going on for a while.

Your threads are just shit, you get called out every time but yet you still go on. I admire your will to keep going.

I thought I read somewhere he signed a new contract after his fight with Ramos. His last fight he made 22k/22k, this after 6 years in the UFC. It seems pretty clear Ali/Dana don't care much for this guy with such a paltry salary.

For comparison Khamzat made 45k/45k his third fight last year, more than double Islam with 5.5 years less time in the UFC
What Khamzat did is hard to be imitate in my opinion.

Khamzat was fighting in 2 weightclasses in the span of 10 days, with complete domination, arguable 10-7 rounds, before the finishes.

Then knocking out a UFC vet with the first punch thrown months later.

Dominating performance, quick highlight reel, all media are focusing on Khamzat for the better part of the year.

Islam Makhachev MMA game is way more nuance to be appreciated. And his personality, like his style, is more appealing to friends / gym buddies rather than the camera-ready of Conor, or bold and all-time confident Khamzat:

Starts at 10/10. 4th fight (3-1) he gets paid 16/16 (source). 6th fight (5-1) he gets paid 22/22 (source).

I think that's pretty much on par. Here's Jack Hermmanson making 21/21 in his 7th fight (4-2). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Lee_vs._Iaquinta_2.

So I think you asked the wrong question.

The good news is, Nevada and UFC (in Abu Dhabi and other unregulated locations) have stopped "disclosing" disclosed pay, so you get to stop worrying about it.

Last edited:
He is a pullout artist and is being paid as such.

What Khamzat did is hard to be imitate in my opinion.

Khamzat was fighting in 2 weightclasses in the span of 10 days, with complete domination, arguable 10-7 rounds, before the finishes.

Then knocking out a UFC vet with the first punch thrown months later.

Dominating performance, quick highlight reel, all media are focusing on Khamzat for the better part of the year.

Islam Makhachev MMA game is way more nuance to be appreciated. And his personality, like his style, is more appealing to friends / gym buddies rather than the camera-ready of Conor, or bold and all-time confident Khamzat:

total agree

where did you get a disclosed payout for khamzat?

Back