Do Usman/Colby add any value for the UFC?

With parallel bmf belt issued, the ufc is openly turning into a circus.
The winner of Jorge/nate is gonna walk around with a fake belt claiming he's the best in the world.
I would absolutely love to see usman/colby, two best welterweights in the division.
But i guess casuals prefer wannabe gangsters who qualified for "baddest motherfucker" because they say "fuck" more times than others and flip birds on weigh ins and pressers.

If the company got behind Colby, he could be one of the biggest stars in the sport. Usman, however, brings nothing to the table.
Probably too much hard work selling a guy who doesn't finish anyone, I mean what highlights do you show?

Masvidal - not that young, and might revert to the previous pussy Masvidal anytime

Diaz - who knows when he will fight again after Masvidal, or how long he'll remain in 170 since he's obviously undersized in that division

Edwards - more boring than Colby or Usman. Worse personality too

Ponz - fights once a year

Lawler - probably should retire

RDA - gatekeeper

Wonderboy - gatekeeper

Luque - overrated and probably won't get far in the rankings

Pettis - gatekeeper
Wonderboy actually should have been champion at least once if not for piss poor judging, so he's not a gatekeeper.

The illusion that they run a legitimate sporting league...getting rid of top guys due to them "being boring" makes sense as a promoter, but I don't see how getting rid of 2 of the top welterweights is a good move sport-wise

multiple people arguing this -- but UFC is not a sporting league and to compare it to one would be foolish

it's in the fight/entertainment business

Probably too much hard work selling a guy who doesn't finish anyone, I mean what highlights do you show?
It is not like Khabib finishes every fight and he is one of the biggest stars in sport

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back