Do Usman/Colby add any value for the UFC?

I'd rather watch either of them than Wonderboy that's for sure
Same.
Good thing we don't have to see Wonderboy near the title picture anytime soon due to the Pettis loss.
With different judges we'd have him as a champion over Woodley and winning vs Till - and based on the actual scoring criteria he won those but for once I didn't mind judges getting it wrong.
He is the Machida of WW without the finishing guys part.

Their last fights were complete dominations over the former 2 Champs.

Send them over to bellator and watch ufc lose credibility

A combined record of 20-1 in the UFC...

Both Usman & Covington do add value if the UFC wants to claim having the best fighters in the world.

If anything wrestling and grappling should be banned in the UFC since people only wanna see striking only.
the best welterweights are in Bellator.

No, you could combine them both and they wouldn't crack 500k buys in a ppv, put them on TV and ppl would not care much at all, you would get low ratings.

Masvidal - not that young, and might revert to the previous pussy Masvidal anytime

Diaz - who knows when he will fight again after Masvidal, or how long he'll remain in 170 since he's obviously undersized in that division

Edwards - more boring than Colby or Usman. Worse personality too

Ponz - fights once a year

Lawler - probably should retire

RDA - gatekeeper

Wonderboy - gatekeeper

Luque - overrated and probably won't get far in the rankings

Pettis - gatekeeper

WW division is garbage.

So the division would be better if the two best fighters left? Sounds legit. TS' av checks out.

i love watching high skilled fighters/grapplers etc. Something about them... i've never been able to finish watching a single fight with either of them cause they are extremely unlikable to me.

Gotta be honest, I'm pretty hyped about the Usman v Colby fight. Really have no clue how that plays out, so I'm looking forward to that one.

UFC needs to find a way to limit wall n stall tactics, of which both Usman and Colby are guilty of. How many finishes have happened from wall n stall/ cage grinding. It's a bullshit tactic that if it were an actual wall or ropes wouldn't fly. I get that as a fighter you need to be aware and utilize every aspect but there's very little entertainment value in cage grinding. Ref should start a 5 or 10 count when it hits the fence and force a separation if they proceed to remain locked. Fishing for over a minute with the opponent stuck against cage to complete a takedown is wack shit.

I'm not an Endeavor investor, so I'm not as concerned as many of you on this thread in regard to PPV numbers. We've got the two best welterweights-both on long winning streaks, ready to compete for a legitimate title, and alleged fans of the sport want to drop them from the promotion because they are "boring" or they don't like their personalities? I've always thought that MMA had the worst fans, and this is more proof.

Colby can make a good heel vs a beloved champion. People would buy that chit up. Unfortunately Usman isn't all too popular to begin with so nobody cares about the match enough to buy it

Yes, two of the top WW MMA fighters in the world should hold value to the so-called Superbowl of MMA.

Colby has brought millions of MAGA fans to the UFC

giphy.gif

Colby has the most entertaining wrestling style (might be an oxymoron). A lot of output with excellent cardio. And he's trying something different with his character. I don't like him personally, but the reactions he provokes from people - all the pearl clutching - brings me a lot of joy. I literally cannot wait for him to say something just to read the responses. Don't even care what he says, just like how mad everyone gets. And his willingness to ride this gimmick into the rocks despite all the enemies he's making is keeping me intrigued.

If you removed him from WW, Diaz would be all that's left and he's a jobber who gets wrecked by anyone good over there. Especially with Usman gone, too, WW would, once again, be a bottom tear division. Luque would be the only one both good and entertaining (as far as fight style goes) to hold the fort.

If the company got behind Colby, he could be one of the biggest stars in the sport. .
No he wouldnt. Thats why they wont. They see him for the Joke he really is.

They don't add or take away anymore value than any other UFC fighter not everyone is or was a Conor McGregor that generate mass revenue solely based on force of personalty. Like any other fighter their value is based on the other names that can also build a card that people will pay to see.

They are the most cringed and annoying top 2 ever to sit atop Welterweight. I hate the WW division right now.

The illusion that they run a legitimate sporting league...getting rid of top guys due to them "being boring" makes sense as a promoter, but I don't see how getting rid of 2 of the top welterweights is a good move sport-wise

Back