do u respect/acknowledge great/eff def

i can't respect the total text message lingo you're using dude. it makes my brain hurt and i don't lik it when my brain hurts. try reposting this, but written better next time, please.

i lol'd. u r funny

well, when we roll in class and somebody gets out of something I thought was slick, I tell them "Great Job" right then. So, Yeah.

Very painful to read.....

And though I'm still speculating on the meaning of eff def , some good points were brought up.

I definitely respect a grappler with good sub defense. But grappling is no different than standup fighting in this regard. Everyone takes the skills they've learned and apply them according to their abilities/attributes.

Like Liddell has made a career out counterpunching and getting the KO, whereas Anderson Silva has adopted a very accurate, aggressive striking style which is effective in its own way.

Grappling is no different. I applaud anyone who who has mastered any aspect of grappling and adapted it to suit their strengths. There are a couple members of my gym with phenominal sub defense - and they are tough to roll with because they can shut you down until you get frustrated or slip-up, and end up getting caught.

Very painful to read.....

And though I'm still speculating on the meaning of eff def , some good points were brought up.

I definitely respect a grappler with good sub defense. But grappling is no different than standup fighting in this regard. Everyone takes the skills they've learned and apply them according to their abilities/attributes.

Like Liddell has made a career out counterpunching and getting the KO, whereas Anderson Silva has adopted a very accurate, aggressive striking style which is effective in its own way.

Grappling is no different. I applaud anyone who who has mastered any aspect of grappling and adapted it to suit their strengths. There are a couple members of my gym with phenominal sub defense - and they are tough to roll with because they can shut you down until you get frustrated or slip-up, and end up getting caught.

effective defense-

i appreciate your response, as i said i respect and acknowledge the offensive skills on the ground; but everyone sees and acknowledges that sh*t, what the point of this thread was is noone shows a sense of appreciation for the defensive aspect of the game. I get that its impressive to transition to diff subs, chain the attempts together and dominate position; but i think its equally impressive for you to be able to tieup, control, def, avoid or escape all those moves. An from what i see, too many people don't acknowledge it or even look at themselves, instead they say the guy was stalling or something of that nature; instead of questioning just how good their subs are or better yet give the guy props for showing a great deal of tech acumen in def/escaping/avoiding their submission game.

Back