Do the relatively heavily muscled Thais train differently?

This is hogwash. Most Thai fighters value their health.

They fight and train super hard from a really early age and have short careers but they value their health? They mostly come from poor families and would do everything to become succesful they sacrifice their bodies with their very sport and they need the money they don't have many alternatives so why shouldn't they take every advantage they can get? You can't even blame them for many of them it isn't simply a sport they chose to do where they just could make a comfortabel living doing something else but they need the money, them probably having little drug testing and easily available drugs it isn't that outrageous to say that many of them take something.
Steroids don't make you a super athlete and even less so a great fighter but they help and Thais have much more pressure than Western athletes and many Western athletes are already doping.

Ive heard most cant afford PEDs.

using the same vitamins that khaosai galaxy was using lol

Are there rumors or something like that that Khaosai used steroids or is this just assumption on your part?

just rumors i guess but everyone thinks he did. i was just making a joke though lol, khaosai was an awesome fighter regardless

PEDs are cheaper in Thailand, but not cheap. (On the other hand, locals can get things cheaper than foreigners; though I don't know how much cheaper)

just rumors i guess but everyone thinks he did. i was just making a joke though lol, khaosai was an awesome fighter regardless

Yeah Khaosai is one of my favourite southpaws and my favourite Thai in Western boxing.
I don't judge especially if a fighter never tested positive and there's no proof but I'm curious nonetheless

From my experience it was pretty common for Thai fighters to use IVs, vitamin shots, glucose shots after training/leading up to a fight. I wouldn't doubt if they were taking PEDs unknowingly by a crooked manager. Especially considering Raja stadium's recent poisoning (SangManee).

Last edited:
Yeah Khaosai is one of my favourite southpaws and my favourite Thai in Western boxing.
I don't judge especially if a fighter never tested positive and there's no proof but I'm curious nonetheless

my favorite thai southpaw has to be saenchai (and samart when he boxed). my favorite thai boxer is probably pongsaklek (also a southpaw)

my favorite thai southpaw has to be saenchai (and samart when he boxed). my favorite thai boxer is probably pongsaklek (also a southpaw)

I'm biased tbf because I'm more of a boxing than MT fan and I don't know that many MT fighters. My favourite MT fighter is which isn't that hard to guess Anuwat

Most fighters fights come before they are 12, so how does the 8 year kid who fights 30+ times in a year afford his PEDs on that 200 baht purse? I guess the father makes up the difference with that big fields labor money? He also shoots his kid up? That's the only explanation, right?

Most fighters fights come before they are 12, so how does the 8 year kid who fights 30+ times in a year afford his PEDs on that 200 baht purse? I guess the father makes up the difference with that big fields labor money? He also shoots his kid up? That's the only explanation, right?

No one said kids take it. I doubt very much that any kids uses PED's out there lol but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the bigger older names take or have taken something. And usually it wouldn't be them or their parents buying it. It would be the camp owner who depending on the camp is usually quite wealthy and has good connections.

No one said kids take it. I doubt very much that any kids uses PED's out there lol but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the bigger older names take or have taken something. And usually it wouldn't be them or their parents buying it. It would be the camp owner who depending on the camp is usually quite wealthy and has good connections.

But how are the kids able to endure 100 fights by age 10? Surely the only possible way is by being shot up with PEDs on the regular!

Just like all the fighters from the early 1900's who fought a zillion times. They all had to have been using these modern PEDs, because that's the only way possible to keep up! Oh wait...

You're creating a straw man. Most people say their are fighters most likely doing PED's because the reality of PED's in sports across the board. I didn't see a single person presenting the argument that you are refuting.

Back