Do Steroids increase Testosterone permanently?

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

We have seen athletes being caught before and they passed the tests after. Are the side effects of steroids long term or permanent?

We have seen athletes being caught before and they passed the tests after. Are the side effects of steroids long term or permanent?

Yes, It's been scientifically proven as well. You get permanent benefits from it but if you take crazy high dosages for years then you'll permanently shut down your natural production

Yes, It's been scientifically proven as well. You get permanent benefits from it but if you take crazy high dosages for years then you'll permanently shut down your natural production
No, a steroid cycle lowers your natural testosterone production and getting permanent benefits has not been proven. Nothing is 'permanent'. You can keep strength and muscle gains you've made for a long time with a proper pct. Part of the whole purpose of a pct is to restart your natural test production which is suppressed after a cycle.

It's the opposite

Your testosterone goes through the roof on cycle because you're injecting it directly

Your body realises this and stops producing its own

The longer you're on the longer your own production is shut down.

You stop your injections and then your body has no test from the injections and no natural production so your testosterone is dead and your body has to work really hard to get it back functioning again.

Depending on the length of time you are on, your body may not ever recover its ability to produce testosterone , that is why guys are or trt, because their bodies haven't been able to restart after heavy steroid cycles

Muscle fibres have multiple nuclei, and the number of nuclei increases when muscle mass increases. When you stop using and working out they get small again but the number of nuclei remains the same for about a decade of inactivity.

When mice were briefly treated with steroids the muscle mass and number of nuclei increased. The drug was withdrawn for 3 months and the muscle mass returned to normal, but the excess cell nuclei persisted. When the muscles were subjected to overload they grew by 30% over 6 days while controls grew insignificantly.

They found that three months after the drug was withdrawn, their muscles grew by 30% after six days of exercise. A control group of mice saw growth of just 6% in the same time period.

If you failed to cycle properly your natural testosterone production will be significantly diminished. If your body can still produce normal levels of testosterone after stopping you would be still at an advantage for years.

Last edited:
belfort-trt-1.jpg

belfort-trt-2.png

Muscle fibres have multiple nuclei, and the number of nuclei increases when muscle mass increases. When you stop using and working out they get small again but the number of nuclei remains the same for about a decade of inactivity.

When mice were briefly treated with steroids the muscle mass and number of nuclei increased. The drug was withdrawn for 3 months and the muscle mass returned to normal, but the excess cell nuclei persisted. When the muscles were subjected to overload they grew by 30% over 6 days while controls grew insignificantly.

They found that three months after the drug was withdrawn, their muscles grew by 30% after six days of exercise. A control group of mice saw growth of just 6% in the same time period.

If you failed to cycle properly your natural testosterone production will be significantly diminished. If your body can still produce normal levels of testosterone after stopping you would be still at an advantage for years.

Do you have any links to those studies? I would love to read them. I've researched steroids for quite a few years but never looked into the effect they would have long term on your muscle fibers down to the nuclei level.

I have seen some female bodybuilders getting back to shape easily by working out again. Not near their best potential, but big and strong enough that makes it impossible for a natural woman to achieve that

You can search Becca Swanson and Renne Toney. They took steroids 15+ years ago and are still nearly big and muscular.

studies are now showing that steroid use enables the athlete to break performance barriers. this is obvious. when these athletes go off the juice, they struggle for a while, BUT they are able to perform at a higher level than they were before the roids. In other words the juice seems to enable higher performance even when you're not taking it.

No, a steroid cycle lowers your natural testosterone production and getting permanent benefits has not been proven. Nothing is 'permanent'. You can keep strength and muscle gains you've made for a long time with a proper pct. Part of the whole purpose of a pct is to restart your natural test production which is suppressed after a cycle.
That's wrong. Studies have stated it changes protein synthesis permanently. Some of the effects are permanent

studies are now showing that steroid use enables the athlete to break performance barriers. this is obvious. when these athletes go off the juice, they struggle for a while, BUT they are able to perform at a higher level than they were before the roids. In other words the juice seems to enable higher performance even when you're not taking it.

What is it that enables them to perform at a higher level after the juice? Is it more testosterone or physique that is built up overs the years due to steroids?

What is it that enables them to perform at a higher level after the juice? Is it more testosterone or physique that is built up overs the years due to steroids?
I'm not sure why. I guess you body has a memory of what its achieve prior. Similar to how bodybuilders are able to easier reach a goal after time off. Im not sure of the physiology, i just recall reading some studies on it. Another reason for cheaters to prosper even when not on the roids.

Very interesting. Thanks. Unfortunately this is more ammunition for me in my crusade against ped cheats like jones. You should make a thread with this information.

I'm not sure why. I guess you body has a memory of what its achieve prior. Similar to how bodybuilders are able to easier reach a goal after time off. Im not sure of the physiology, i just recall reading some studies on it. Another reason for cheaters to prosper even when not on the roids.

Or there is something called muscle memory.

I think it generally depends on the steroid. I learned it in college, there were so many variations.

so your saying if i just did 1 cycle one time and never again id have elevated t levels for years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back