Do some of the guys on this season even lift bro?

You also have to consider, some of these guys probably belong at FLW, where they'll look much bigger.

I doubt it. You have to fight so often on Tuf that it is difficult to keep cutting weight. In past seasons, most fighters fight above their weight class because of this.

I doubt it. You have to fight so often on Tuf that it is difficult to keep cutting weight. In past seasons, most fighters fight above their weight class because of this.

Well doesnt that prove his point then ?

Seriously, Tate's top 2 picks look like they are allergic to weightlifting or something. I'm not saying you gotta be super swole, but it certainly can't hurt your MMA game to have a little strength can it?

Apart from their aesthetics what do you know about their strength?
If you need to be so light i'm sure most of them only train heavy low reps low volume for strength.
I'm pretty sure most of them are very strong.

I love ass, especially Meisha's as much as the next guy. Believe me, I'd drag my balls through a mile of broken glass to hear her fart over a walkie talkie after a Taco Bell binge

Let's make this happen.

All look pretty skinny to me.

this season's males are the most forgettable, least charismatic and least talented TUF participants ever in my opinion. none of them looks like he can make some waves in the UFC. even the Carwin-Nelson guys were better.

this season's males are the most forgettable, least charismatic and least talented TUF participants ever in my opinion. none of them looks like he can make some waves in the UFC. even the Carwin-Nelson guys were better.
Cody Bollinger looks promising, IMO. I didn't see his loss in Bellator 76, but he's got a confidence and awareness at close range that I really value in a fighter. He kind of reminds me of Cub Swanson in that regard. When his opponent throws something, he looks annoyed and disgruntled, rather than wary. Like any kind of resistance is just delaying his inevitable victory.

And he's got that loveable redneck aura.

Guys can't pack on too much muscle if they want to make 135lbs, 135lbs is tiny!

I think they intentionally picked cookie-cutter, forgettable guys in order to highlight the women in the house.

I think they intentionally picked cookie-cutter, forgettable guys in order to highlight the women in the house.

eh, most people are boring. i am actually glad there are no julian "let me bang bro" whatever his name is in the show.

and the tuf of late is hardly bringing in great talent. maybe they should do a TUF Caucasus. that would be something. knives at the door, boys.

Big muscles doesn't mean strength.

Look at anderson silva. Seeing him on the streets you wouldn't think his human body is a weapon of mass destruction. Yet he jabs guys and their jaws break, or knocks people out with stationary front kicks.

Big muscles doesn't mean strength.

Look at anderson silva. Seeing him on the streets you wouldn't think his human body is a weapon of mass destruction. Yet he jabs guys and their jaws break, or knocks people out with stationary front kicks.

Thats because his fighting style is based more on technique rather than raw power/strength, just like his homey Lyoto

There's a big difference between Anderson Silva's build and the build of some TUF 18 guys. Like I said, there's being thin and athletic and looking like a sick 12 year old. Still doesn't mean much as far as pure fighting ability goes though.

Thats because his fighting style is based more on technique rather than raw power/strength, just like his homey Lyoto

Yea, that's what martial arts is. About technique, and not raw power.

Back