Do PEDs discredit entire careers or only in popped fights?

Discredit career or only popped fights

• Total voters
Neither

If a fighter pops its usada im pissed at.

I would let Jones roid to the gills and beat up all your fave fighters and never feel the wins were tainted if it was my choice.

I voted just for the fight where the pop happened but its still more of an annoyance than a disappointment and it doesn't really taint a fighter in my eyes

Anderson Silva popped once. Broke his leg and used the same steroids to heal it mine or your doctor would prescribe to us. The fight was a NC. Let’s separate serial cheaters for people who legit have an excuse for a one off.

Are we going to count failed tests for weed as well?

Fights they popped in. In many cases fighters use ped’s to assist in rehabilitating serious injuries. Or from “tainted” supplements or ones given to you by a coach or trainer that have trace amounts of something on a ban list.

So in other words, you buy the BS excuses that a fighter and their camp put out there?

If a fighter pops, he'll likely been using in other fights where he did not test positive.

I do believe that the occasional fighter resorts to PEDs to heal from rough injuries, but in many cases - esp when fighters test positive / have suspect numbers multiple times - fighters are using because they believe they need it to win, e.g. Jon Jones.

Do you honestly believe fighters would only riods for ONE specific fight only. If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

I'm not sure let me check and see if Barry Bonds, Marc McGuire or Sammy Sosa are in the hall of fame.

I don’t know if it should discredit their entire career, but it should definitely play a role when determining who’s an all time great.

Getting caught once hurts your reputation, but getting busted twice should really hurt your legitimacy for future accolades.

I remember after he tested positive, either USADA or one of the state commissions tested a previous sample from months prior, and they found it in that sample. Cody Garbrandt even talked about Dillashaw's EPO use in the buildup to their fight. So, he was definitely a frequent user before he got busted.

Thanks for filling me in. In that case, it seems to me the testing should have been more thorough and his punishment, harsher. Also, I don't think his bitch tits were from EPO.

Reactions: G10
If you say career. Prove they doped from day one. Or stfu
u need to stfu and ask Lance Armstrong why they took all his accolades back bitch. You clearly have no idea wtf u are talking about kid

I will let the multiple offender, the one considered GOAT by many, speak on the issue
quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

It depends on the era, past opponents and context for me. If we're talking fighters in the prime of their career in the post-USADA era then I think there is an asterisk next to their resume. If it's a fighter that was in their prime pre-USADA then I give them a benefit of the doubt. Even then I guess I would have to look at how they continue to compete under more stringent testing.

Anderson Silva is a perfect example. I give AS the benefit of the doubt because:
A) he was in his prime pre-USADA testing and
B) if you look at his resume, many of his opponents either popped shortly before or after their fights with him. If he was juicing while his opponents were juicing then that just levels the playing field and I have less issue with that. Even then he popped after a brutal leg break in which he used steroids to heal up quicker.

Jon Jones on the other hand
A) reached his prime post-USADA
B) popped under testing against many opponents who have no known history of juicing
C) has looked significantly less dominant since he last got popped.
That puts the asterisk on his career IMO.

Neither. Passing a drug text, IMO, doesn’t mean your not on something. It’s an arms race. One one side they’re constantly developing undetectable masking age agents. The in the other, there developing test to discover said agents. It seems like most of the time the detecting side is a few steps behind. Which is why they save samples to test them later when better methods are developed. I believe that’s how Lance Armstrong got busted.

You can’t assume someone has always been dirty from any one failed test. It’s not sound thinking but this forum full of idiots really embraces it.

There is no fighter in history that tested positive for every single 1 of their fights, so if we use that logic, we would be saying no fighter's career should ever be tainted by PED failure. I disagree with that premise, it would mean we can't say any fighter in history has ever had a tainted career.

I could understand the argument if fighter has never tested positive before, then very late in their career, they tested positive once. Not saying it means they never did PED before that, but we could have a fair debate about the merits of that. But repeat offenders should not be given the benefit of the doubt, we need to use common sense.

peds increase your strength and endurance and you'll reap the benefits even after you stopped using them because of muscle memory

u need to stfu and ask Lance Armstrong why they took all his accolades back bitch. You clearly have no idea wtf u are talking about kid
So Im a bitch and you're all emotional about a post that has no bearing on your worthless life. Grow up "kid"

Fights they popped in. In many cases fighters use ped’s to assist in rehabilitating serious injuries. Or from “tainted” supplements or ones given to you by a coach or trainer that have trace amounts of something on a ban list. I’m not here to say PED’s should just be swept under the rug I’m just saying it’s a more complicated isssue than many of you make it seem. It isn’t just cut and dry and in many cases it comes down to isolated situations or legitimate reasons like Anderson’s leg break.

PED's have been used more for " erectile dysfunction" than for " rehabilitation " in MMA.

What instance are you even referring to where they claimed it was used to record very from an injury??

Neither. Everyone is on PEDs except the low-level fighters who can't afford the designer drugs made by people who are years ahead of USADA.
There is a much bigger problematic nowadays with an uneven playing field than there was 15 years ago and that is evident to anyone who knows ANYTHING about PEDs and doping and steroids and USADA.

So Im a bitch and you're all emotional about a post that has no bearing on your worthless life. Grow up "kid"
dont back down now, your post is utter garbage and now you wanna run away with your tail between your legs

Back