DO NOT underestimate or overlook The REEM. (+good highlights)

Cats

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The guy has been a warrior for a long time, even when he was a 21 year old kid, not yet grown into his own massive frame he showed glimpses of being an elite fighter against truly elite fighters.

The man, really a boy at the time, was forced to cut hideous amounts of weigh, this was of huge detriment to his cardio, people and haters of Alistair overlooking this obvious effect on his game are fucking joking.

So he began his very LONG AND ARDUOS move to heavyweight (to those always talking about his "instant" weight gain) He really came into his own when he moved full time to Golden Glory and starting up his kickboxing again. He really, really improved upon his striking, completley changing styles to The guy has been a warrior for a long time, even when he was a 21 year old kid, not yet grown into his own massive frame he showed glimpses of being an elite fighter against truly elite fighters.

The man, really a boy at the time, was forced to cut hideous amounts of weigh, this was of huge detriment to his cardio, people and haters of Alistair overlooking this obvious effect on his game are fucking joking.

So he began his very LONG AND ARDUOS move to heavyweight (to those always talking about his "instant" weight gain) He really came into his own when he moved full time to Golden Glory and starting up his kickboxing again. He really, really improved upon his striking, completley changing styles to accommodate his now Huge Build. He proved in his first couple of kickboxing fights that he had reached his potential as an athlete, with hugely improved speed and technique.

Watch his destruction of a KILLER i once had the honor of training with in fellow Aussie Ben Edwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qroo8gfA4KI

He borderline KILLED Ewerton Teixeria (2008 grand prix tournament champ)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkTLOxb5BM

Overeem's real knock now is his fight with Werdum, in which he came in with a pretty serious rib injury, and Werdum's somewhat wack gameplan (throw volume strikes, shoot a lot, then pull guard)

Overeem still dropped and monstered him multiple with times with huge throws. Something i haven't actually seen done to Werdum even by guys like Gonzaga. If anything, to a logical fight fan, he showcased that even when gassed, he covers and stays away from danger well, when he does get he eats them and moves forward, as opposed when he used to turn his backs and leg it. :)

I think sylistically Cain is a difficult matchup for him, Or anyone, i truly believe Cain and Junior are the best Heavyweights ever, possible exception of Fedor.

However give Overeem a chance, and give the man some due for being a fucking killer, who brings it every time, and is a cool cat to his fans.
He has a plethora of great knockout footage, and if you haven't seen "The Reem" you should be fucking shot.
Its the best produced MMA documentary out there. And shut the fuck up about Smashing Machine we've all seen it.

*Pulls Alistairs' nuts out of mouth*

Excuse the spelling errors. Im trying a vaporiser for the first time.

fuck me i just realised how long that is...

Fuck me let's wait and see him vs Velasquez, than the ? around his cardio/wrestling def will be answered.

and of course the obligatory piss test

I love cats, scottish folds are the best

fuck me, I also like cats.

Warrior is not a word I would use to describe Alastair.

Unless it references his nine T(KO) losses? He sustained in reaching the heights of decisioning Werdum and stopping a sick pro wrestler?

If so, dude is a WARRIOR

It's not that he wasn't grown into his frame, he just hadn't built a new frame of horse meat yet. and we all know what i mean by horse meat. other than that i'm sorry i don't see it. he's a monster for sure but i think he will lose to someone who's too fast for him.

Unless it references his nine T(KO) losses? He sustained in reaching the heights of decisioning Werdum and stopping a sick pro wrestler?

If so, dude is a WARRIOR

look at yourself in the mirror you pathetic waste of life. who the fuk are you to not call overreem a warrior? he fights for a LIVING.

you're a pathetic 5'5 loser posting on sherdog....pathetic. go away nerd.

lol never putting effort into a thread again fuck me dead haha

Get of those balls dude.
Okay I get that you're a fan but this is just silly.

Reem > cain > jds

deal wid it

Because you say so?? He'll lose to both; because I say so (Stupid quote, stupid answer)

Overeem is an excellent fighter; But he is still the same fighter he was at LHW, just bigger (Due to the horse meat). PED's lose a lot of cred, but taking that out of the equation and assuming he is clean now; he still isn't the top echelon of fighter and he'll still lose to the top guys in the division. In this case Cain and JDS.

Last edited:

If so, dude is a WARRIOR

So a few losses automatically rules him out from being a warrior? Well then that disqualifies 99% of all fighters in any combat sport from being a warrior. The only warriors are those just starting out fighting cans then right?

He'll beat Cain only to give JDS the belt back :icon_chee

look at yourself in the mirror you pathetic waste of life. who the fuk are you to not call overreem a warrior? he fights for a LIVING.

you're a pathetic 5'5 loser posting on sherdog....pathetic. go away nerd.

lol you really got him with the "nerd" line.

Because you say so?? He'll lose to both; because I say so (Stupid quote, stupid answer)

Overeem is an excellent fighter; But he is still the same fighter he was at LHW, just bigger (Due to the horse meat). PED's lose a lot of cred, but taking that out of the equation and assuming he is clean now; he still isn't the top echelon of fighter and he'll still lose to the top guys in the division. In this case Cain and JDS.

Actually he's a vastly improved fighter now. His skills have improved, his cardio as well due to not having to cut huge amounts of weight before every fight, his strength he did bugger all weight training back in his LHW days because he couldn't afford to put on any extra weight. At HW he is stronger, hes more technically sound, he's fighting at his natural weight class.

i like the reem.

my favorite HW

dont know if he will beat both cain and jds

but i think he can.

Back