Do fighters drink electrolytes in between rounds?

It's okay in boxing. Then again, UFC don't get make that Mayweather money, playboy...

gatorade-mayweather.jpg

if MMA fighters were given free reign on what they put in their bottles, the consequences could be scary, god knows what some would put in them
they would get busted in the post fight, if anything

they would get busted in the post fight, if anything

amazing what sort of totally legal cocktails you can make up. the tramadol caffeine mix being a prime example

It'd be cool if a fighter, lets say Roy Nelson, was having a bud light in between rounds.
He'd be a legend of his own kind

It's not a good idea to drink sugary drinks, period.

True, but some of us don't have the metabolism of an 80 year old woman.

Right after Open Mat days I go to a nearby Brazilian BBQ joint and pig out on meats, carbs, and the sugariest Brazilian soda I can find... And STILL keep my weight under control.

Why? Called being a man, son.

PS any Sherbro who stops by the real ATT hmu

<13>

LOL what is it with that? I have seen it many times, not to a female fighter tho. I think there is also a rule to not spill water at corners, ice should be in a sealed bag or something like that.

A shell of Fijian Kava and a shark egg and birch sawdust omelette between rounds

but do these really cause a diverse effect?

tramadol and caffeine is a loopy combination.

Caffeine actually is a pretty good performance enhancer, theres loads of studies looking at it and it can increase reaction times, even proven to increase stamina etc
http://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-7-5

but in finish bottles you are looking at something for a quick hit, so they are after the stimulant effect, but you arent looking at 40mg (1 cup of coffee), your looking at 400-500mg caffeine crushed up.

Then add in Tramadol, which is a pretty good painkiller, its also a mild opiate, but also makes you lose focus, dizzy, etc... (and all recommendations on Tramadol are NEVER crush it up or break the tablets)....

Put those two together and its crazy juice.

(Tramadol is on wada's monitoring list, meaning they test for it and monitor if its being abused with potential for it to be banned down to the line)

Honestly, if they permitted any drink between rounds, camps would be coming up with some loopy shit

Lol wtf? Explanation for this anyone?

Yeah, cool the fighter down. More time can be spent gasping for breath instead of swallowing water.

Go poor ice water on your testicles and tell me it does not cool you down slightly.

This discussion reminds me of the controversial black bottle in the Aaron Pryon boxing fight.
To this day, people still wonder what was in the bottle.

Apparently, boxers were only allowed to drink water at the time.
After drinking that bottle, Aaron Pryon had a sudden burst of energy that people think was suspicious. Someone suggest it might have had cocaine or some kind of drug that acts very quickly.

They don't want any secret sauce being added, so they give them sealed water bottles and that's all that can be consumed in between rounds.

That is retarded. They can independently buy sealed gatorade and know it hasnt been tampered with.

Back