Do fighters drink electrolytes in between rounds?

3oEduV3iOWBmgN1pLO.gif
Hey pussy, you want some water?

Legit still the most confusing thing I've ever seen between rounds...
Like... She seemed surprised about it but too tired to get mad. Definitely didn't seem like she was in on it.
What could it possibly accomplish? Is an overheated cooch what's causing her to gas?
Did he just hope to have some reason to take a peek?

Literally the only thing that makes sense is a bet or something.
Cooling off the groin is an actual training method. You put out the most heat from you groin and your head. So cooling off both brings your body temperature down. I don't agree with it but it does make sense.

I've only noticed fighters taking in some water is there a rule against this?

d1208aa691e369fcaedc1be9d6a28fd0.jpg

Yes.
No energy drinks allowed.

It's related to possible heart issues, so they are banned after check in.

Like... She seemed surprised about it but too tired to get mad. Definitely didn't seem like she was in on it.

What could it possibly accomplish? Is an overheated cooch what's causing her to gas?

You transfer heat the most thru your head and your crotch.

Pouring water down there would be an absolute last ditch choice, as it can piss off officials and comes off as desperate to judges if seen, but it is a legitimate tactic that works.

I have issues with electrolytes at times when im in humid or hot weather 2 or 3 days in a row. Replacing them once a day is all thats needed. If not i find my muscles liike shoulders legs or back ache like hell. Maybe Ts go buy a bottle of gatorade, look at the minerals involved, hit the google search button and maybe you'll find that losing those minerals in at tops a 25 min fight is highly unlikely. These drinks are basic vitamin replenisher. Only children should be thinking its the next best hyper experience to red cordial.

I'm not limiting this to strictly Gatorade but sports drinks similar to it - there are sports drinks with zero sugar too.

Other team leagues down the stuff all the time (yeah yeah, sponsorship).

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. Id want gatorade over water. Why wouldnt gatorade be allowed? Too performance enhancing?

They don't want any secret sauce being added, so they give them sealed water bottles and that's all that can be consumed in between rounds.

In some ways its kinda dumb they cant have something.. not sure about sugary drinks etc, but dont see there would be harm in things like energy gels between rounds.

that said, maybe plain old water is just as well.

for instance in cycling, in the closing stages of races, they drink a concoction of water, caffeine tablets and tramadol in whats known as "finish bottles" to give you that extra boost. A lot of people claim thats the reason for late race crashes, riders wasted on tramadol and caffeine.

if MMA fighters were given free reign on what they put in their bottles, the consequences could be scary, god knows what some would put in them

She did it in the recent Joanna fight as well.

What was interesting is the corner man deliberately moved around and blocked the camera first, so im guessing they know about the gif :D

Here is a little secret for all you shertards, bottled water contains electrolytes. Here is a physics lesson for you shertards, water conducts electricity so well due to all of the electrolytes contained in it.

She was dazed, it's to wake her up

Here is a little secret for all you shertards, bottled water contains electrolytes. Here is a physics lesson for you shertards, water conducts electricity so well due to all of the electrolytes contained in it.

Haven't seen you post in a while

-

Remember when this happened in SF

mo-can.jpg

Unified Rules allows for water or electrolyte drink. But most commissions only allow water

He was definitely "peeking" in between rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back