Do dogs know when you're sick?

My mom's cat slept on her belly for most of her pregnancy with my little brother actually. However, the cat got ran over right before he was born. Now that I think about it though, he loves cats, has two and hes only 22. Hmmmmmm.....

Cats are very intuitive regarding the human condition. When I have a stomach ache my cat will massage my abs. Or lay on top to make it warm.

Yes, many dogs and cats know when we're feeling like garbage and they act differently because of it. They're smart, they have good brains. They are capable of empathy.

Pretty much what the guy above me said. Dogs know routine. When you are sick, you act different and aren't in your routine. They know something is up.

Exactly, dogs know and smell routine behavior. When you're sick your body is physically different and they can smell/notice the difference.

A serious outbreak of the flu is hitting Ontario right now and it has me laid up.

My faithful dog has been by my side for the better part of 48 hours.

Hmmm, for some reason I expected you to be a cat person, WoW.

I had 2 golden retrievers growing up and they could tell when I was sick or just in a bad mood. They would sit or lay next to me and just follow me around.

Mine is the same way. My dad's been sick lately and my pup's been all over him. Not even two years old and already super perceptive.

Although I have a sneaking suspicion people just taste better when they're sick, for whatever reason.

A serious outbreak of the flu is hitting Ontario right now and it has me laid up.

My faithful dog has been by my side for the better part of 48 hours.

Get back! BACK, I say!

dogs know when your sick and thats when they strike

Dogs definitely know when you're sick.

Recent studies show that dogs are more aware of the emotional state of their owners than some humans in their life. Dogs exhibit stronger empathy for their owners than any other animal on the planet, by alot too.

Back