• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DNC Hacks. Honestly it did not sway my vote

Just remeber that the election was decided by 80,000 votes in three states... that’s less than a capacity crowd at a football game. EVERY factor was a potentially deciding factor.

Not denying it -- just wish I could see the direct correlation

You know what I realised, until Russia started influencing American elections they were much less popular on here.

But they didn't do that for the Republicans, which shows their preferred result was either Trump (seemed so unlikely I doubt it was their intent) or an undermined Hilary.

And even if they did hack both, why would you be ok with foreign powers trying to sway elections and/or sow discord in the general public?

For me it's not so much about trying to sway elections as it is about exposing the corrupt political parties. I think there should be 100% transparency involved in everything that goes on in running for public office or people involved in public office, including email exchanges. If it takes Russian interference to do that, then so be it.

Whether or not she was hacked and all her dirty laundry aired. It did not sway my opinion of who to vote for. Benghazi and the Emails were already out there. In fact knowing how easily they were hacked, does that not make her security breach even worse?

I mean regardless my question for the thread is, Did the Russian hacks sway your opinion somehow? The flurry of information and the Russians trying to undermine her really did not change my opinion of how corrupt she was.

lol

no one would admit to such a thing even if they knew.

more and more stuff is coming out about these misinformation spreading russians. apparently they had fake local news facebook profiles too. fake BLM profiles. no one will admit to being swayed. literally 0 people. 0. no one. why would you?

but did these fake sites matter? of F'ing course they did. people did believe at one point, that obama was attempting to change the name of christmas trees. at one point that was an issue.

For me it's not so much about trying to sway elections as it is about exposing the corrupt political parties. I think there should be 100% transparency involved in everything that goes on in running for public office or people involved in public office, including email exchanges. If it takes Russian interference to do that, then so be it.

me too.

they should have released the RNC emails they hacked. i wonder why they didnt. republican politicians must just have too much integrity. there was no dirt to be had.

So, did the Russian hacks release emails that were all real or did they make fake ones up? I've always been confused as to why people were upset about the hacks if all the emails were real. All they did was reveal how big of a shit show the DNC is.
Yes, but you weren't supposed to know about it. Our even handed, stellar media would have gotten around to it eventually.

It didn't air anything except what Putin wanted you to see.

I'm sure Putin went over 30 thousand emails or whatever the fuck it was and made sure only what he chose was shown.

Man, you cant make up how stupid you are.

It did not sway mine either. I had already determined a long time ago that I didn't want Hillary to be President.

But still this doesn't do that in a beneficial way.

The best person for the job should win, if one side is held back and the other isn't you reduce the chances of the best person winning. That ain't good.

But it's clearly terrible when your enemy holds sway over who to hold back.

I'm all for greater transparency but foreign governments selectively leaking to support their favoured candidate is fucking terrible for any nation. That is in no way, shape or form a good thing.

I'm sure Putin went over 30 thousand emails or whatever the fuck it was and made sure only what he chose was shown.

With the reasoning used in this post I would be wary of calling people stupid.

But still this doesn't do that in a beneficial way.

The best person for the job should win, if one side is held back and the other isn't you reduce the chances of the best person winning. That ain't good.

But it's clearly terrible when your enemy holds sway over who to hold back.

I'm all for greater transparency but foreign governments selectively leaking to support their favoured candidate is fucking terrible for any nation. That is in no way, shape or form a good thing.

I see where you're coming from. I'm at the point where I'm so sick of all the bullshit lies that get thrown around by politicians that I welcome anything that exposes the truth to people.

Don't be naive. Of course they knew what they were disseminating.

I see where you're coming from. I'm at the point where I'm so sick of all the bullshit lies that get thrown around by politicians that I welcome anything that exposes the truth to people.
I get where you're coming from but you really don't want foreign propaganda to be the vehicle that exposes "the truth" to the people. They weren't after transparency they wanted to swing the election to their own country's benefit.

You sound like a campaign ad for Trump. The propaganda wasn't meant to sway diehards like you. They targeted voters that were on the fence and they wanted to create more division and violence in our country.
Wouldn’t there be just as many people on the fence who ended up leaning left as leaned right? After all, I’m sure Hollywood and the MSM, and pretty much all the late night talk shows swayed plenty towards Hillry with their daily mud slinging.

Don't be naive. Of course they knew what they were disseminating.

Wasn't it obtained via phishing? I hate to break it, but if you have the entirety of Russian intelligence behind you I really doubt it was any governing body. It was probably some dudes looking to stir shit up.
With the reasoning used in this post I would be wary of calling people stupid.

You must not know a lot about "hacking."

Wouldn’t there be just as many people on the fence who ended up leaning left as leaned right? After all, I’m sure Hollywood and the MSM, and pretty much all the late night talk shows swayed plenty towards Hillry with their daily mud slinging.
You're purposely being obtuse. We're talking about a state sponsored attack on our democracy. You don't care about that though, just that your guy won, and you don't care how.

Wasn't it obtained via phishing? I hate to break it, but if you have the entirety of Russian intelligence behind you I really doubt it was any governing body. It was probably some dudes looking to stir shit up.

You must not know a lot about "hacking."
<TrumpWrong1>

It was a 300 pound guy in his basement just wanting to stir shit up.

I don't need to know a fucking thing about hacking to know Putin doesn't run Russia singlehandedly.

Are you concussed?

The closest evidence they have is people who made twitter bots. Please, stop. They already could trace the emails back. This was known a year ago on how they got released.

Back