DJ never got a fair shake from the fans

Who is being critisized?

Conor McGregor who never opted out of a fight or Mighty Mouse who cherry picks opponents?
i never got this narrative. conor always took the hardest opponents.
even mayweather which is actually a bigger challenge than any mma fighter.

MMA fans are retarded.

Who the fuck prioritizes bullshit like charisma and personality over ability to fight? We're supposed to be MMA fans not bullshit fans.

Oh geez I can't wait to see what this guy who gets punched in the face for a living says in his post fight interview. This is going to be the greatest. Maybe he'll talk about hot balls, not apologizing, not knowing who people are or telling motherfuckers how they're not surprised so i can repeat them like a parrot with fucking down syndrome.

Well you’re right if all fight fans valued only the 15 minutes of fighting and turn off their screens to build ups/interviews/analysts etc. ufc wouldn’t have to spend so much time doing world conferences.

i never got this narrative. conor always took the hardest opponents.
even mayweather which is actually a bigger challenge than any mma fighter.

I think the Conor McGregor hate is pretty much a Donald Trump hate. (I'm not saying these are the same haters, but just the kind of hate is pretty similar)
They hate both for no obvious reason, while they bring results.
It's what it is.
People just like to portray them in a way that is not corresponding to the actual reality.
Which is delusional.

Mighty Mouse = GOAT.

Combat Sports fans loved him.

Unfortunately, most MMA fans aren't combat sports they are combat spectacle fans.

Nobody cares about 125 pound men, at least in MMA. On top of that, this is sport entertainment. The days of skill being enough to be an attraction are over. You need to have a schtick. Chael, Diaz, Conor, etc.

Combat Sports fans loved him.

Unfortunately, most MMA fans aren't combat sports they are combat spectacle fans.
Pretty much the nature of the PPV business. You can be the best fighter ever, but ultimately people need to spend their money to see you perform or you will not have leverage.

He defended his title a record number of times against the top contenders in his division. Something that other champs are criticized for not doing.

His speed and innovative maneuvers made fights exciting. I mean look at this:
View attachment 468217

Maybe he didn’t talk enough trash.

People just can’t make up their minds about what they want in a champion. Either the division is too weak, the fighter is too short, or something else.

I was always a fan..best well rounded MMA fighter of the modern era I believe..it's garbage what they did to him

The majority of us shook our hands to him.

tenor.gif

The blatant TJ duck and Borg fight sealed his fate with most, myself included.
Mma fans that actually think he ducked TJ are legit autistic.

How do you duck someone outside of your weight class? Did he duck Lesnar too?

How do you duck someone outside of your weight class? Did he duck Lesnar too?
That is an insanely moot point. TJ can easily make 125 and MM fought at 135. That should be common sense.

He defended his title a record number of times against the top contenders in his division. Something that other champs are criticized for not doing.

His speed and innovative maneuvers made fights exciting. I mean look at this:
View attachment 468217

Maybe he didn’t talk enough trash.

People just can’t make up their minds about what they want in a champion. Either the division is too weak, the fighter is too short, or something else.
Can’t shake a guys hand if you can’t reach it.

No matter how exciting the fights are I just can't bring myself to care about guys that are barely tall enough to ride a rollercoaster

Anything under WW is manlet class and yet people manage to care about them

I think there were a lot of factors. I dunno why, whether it's a race thing, or because he's small, or because he's a nerd, but the hate MM gets on here is absolutely out of all proportion to anything. You guys are just embarassing yourselves with the fighter bashing.

I am not even a MM fan btw! And it still seems way over the top to me

That is an insanely moot point. TJ can easily make 125 and MM fought at 135. That should be common sense.
Common sense is the opposite. TJ has literally never cut to 125 in his MMA career. How do you know he can easily make weight?

When he chose to crush a can (Borg) rather than take a super-fight (TJ) his fate was sealed.

And I say that as a big fan of his. It was career suicide.

No he’s lame. Almost as lame as you are for making this attempt to defend him.

Glad he’s gone. Can’t wait for his division to be gone too.

People don't give a fuck about him because the division isn't very competitive - es normal. People aren't caring as much about HW or even LHW(but at least LHW has some studs like Jones, Cormier and Gus).

But he's gone so let's move on. Sometimes things don't work out.

When he chose to crush a can (Borg) rather than take a super-fight (TJ) his fate was sealed.

And I say that as a big fan of his. It was career suicide.
Career suicide = defending against the rightful contender. Gotcha.

Back