DJ never got a fair shake from the fans

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He defended his title a record number of times against the top contenders in his division. Something that other champs are criticized for not doing.

His speed and innovative maneuvers made fights exciting. I mean look at this:
upload_2018-11-8_19-5-32.gif

Maybe he didn’t talk enough trash.

People just can’t make up their minds about what they want in a champion. Either the division is too weak, the fighter is too short, or something else.

The majority of us shook our hands to him.

tenor.gif

The blatant TJ duck and Borg fight sealed his fate with most, myself included.

I agree he never got the love from the fans; to be honest I wish he would have rematched Dom and gone up to fight TJ if he won those there would be no question in anyones mind about him being a top 3 GOAT. Either way WAR MM must hespect

He defended his title a record number of times against the top contenders in his division. Something that other champs are criticized for not doing.

View attachment 468217

People just can’t make up their minds about what they want in a champion. Either the division is too weak, the fighter is too short, or something else.

Who is being critisized?

Conor McGregor who never opted out of a fight or Mighty Mouse who cherry picks opponents?

Askren already calling out fighter and selling himself in UFC..

What is DJ doing???

He’s the size of a preschooler, he lost 3 fights despite being “#1 p4p” and he ducked the only fight anyone ever cared about. Good riddance

There's a reason why no one knows who Ricardo "El Finito" Lopez is.

View attachment 468217

Mighty Mouse is even more boring than Roxanne Modaferri.

Thank you Dana White and WME for listening to the fans and getting rid of him. Great job.

If I shook him he might be ded.

<{UberTS}>

Wasn't that submission the only exciting thing he did in the entire fight? Most of his fights were snoozers.

The fight with TJ was on everyone's mind, but he simply refused to fight him. Then you have the guy that just beat him having no problem fighting TJ. It's hard to get behind that.

Fans don’t owe him or any fighter anything. If fans enjoyed him, he wouldn’ve stayed.

They didn’t and now he’s gone. It’s quite simple.

He’s got no charisma, no personality, tiny body, no characteristic that may set him apart from the rest, except that he’s a great mma fighter in a very shallow pool

He did. Majority of people were just bored with him. Being skilled at beating up midgets really isn't a big selling point. There is a reason why junior high school sports aren't on PPVs.

If he would of fought TJ and won, he could of gone riding into video game land with many thinking he was the best ever.

Great fighter but fought in a weak division and despite many title defenses he refused to move up in weight for an actual challenge, he talked about how TJ didnt deserve to fight him because Cody was the champ and that he rather fight him, but when TJ took the belt from Cody, DJ still had no interest in him lol his downfall is his own doing

i think this was more on the ufc and how the marketed mighty mouse and built up and sold his opponents. like every time mighty mouse got poor numbers everyone saw it coming ahead of time and not because he was 125er. i just dont think the ufc wanted to continue putting money in a division that sells better over seas? but thats confusing because they try to expand world wide. idk. i feel like it was just people being weird about the division.

No matter how exciting the fights are I just can't bring myself to care about guys that are barely tall enough to ride a rollercoaster

Back