DJ got robbed

Once I heard Sal D'amato as the last judge I knew Henry was getting a gift.

I dont know how you give Cejudo the last round, which for most was the decider.

didn't do enough on the feet except land leg kicks. Got taken down, got controlled on the ground.

Once I heard Sal D'amato as the last judge I knew Henry was getting a gift.

I dont know how you give Cejudo the last round, which for most was the decider.

The round where they had the exact same strikes but henry came forward and got 2 take downs ?

Little known fact, every decision in the history of UFC has been a robbery.

Not every decision you disagree with has to be a robbery. I scored it for cejudo too, they were 2-2 going into the last but henry got the TD and finished stronger. Could have gone the other way and still wouldn't have been a robbery.

DJ lost.

I had a draw, 2-2 going in the 5th and it could have gone either way I reckon so it's not a robbery in my book.

Not a robbery as many rounds were close but I thought DJ fairly clearly won. Empty takedowns after getting outstruck on the feet shouldn’t be enough to win the round.
Also if you look at the fight as a whole Henry didn’t really do a lot.

It was a robbery in that he did not beat DJ down, a solid win should be required to take that belt, not a split..it was close, DJ didn’t look that good or hungry..Everything was on the line in the 5th, DJ only sprinted the last 60 seconds. I think he wanted to be done..he would rather focus on his children and gaming..

That’s NOT what a robbery is though. It’s like you’re arguing, “it was a surgery because the doctor put a q tip in my ear.”

Last edited:
Takedowns continue to be counted far too highly on score cards, even when the one scoring the takedown can't even keep him down for more than 10 seconds.

didn't do enough on the feet except land leg kicks. Got taken down, got controlled on the ground.

Cejudo did FUCKALL on the ground. UFC continues to be a disaster, judging continues to be shit and use archaic judging systems. Glad I'm not buying these cards anymore because the product is terrible these days.

Takedowns continue to be counted far too highly on score cards, even when the one scoring the takedown can't even keep him down for more than 10 seconds.

Cejudo did FUCKALL on the ground. UFC continues to be a disaster, judging continues to be shit and use archaic judging systems. Glad I'm not buying these cards anymore because the product is terrible these days.
I asked over and over from someone to point out what cejudo did that ever had MM is danger and all I got was people calling me salty. They have no defense they just wanted MM to lose so bad they saw what they wanted

I had MM winning, but the real robbery will be when they find excuse after excuse not to give him a rematch. lol

They were 2-2 going into the 5th

Cejudo was probably ever so slightly ahead after the takedown, but he solidified it in the last 15 seconds by going for it where as MM was on the defensive.

It was a close fight that Cejudo deserved to win

It was a very close fight that could've gone either way imo.

But I think the judges were low key tired of DJ and wanted to mix things up in the division.

It was a close fight that should have only gone dj's way.
1 or 2 of Those judges gave a round to Holland and Johns, showing they were not qualified. That being said it was not DJ finest performance...obviously

I was 125 lbs in 6th grade. Granted they would beat my ass, but who care's about that division? Anything under 155lbs should not be on the main card.

I don't think it was a blow out, but I was legitimately shocked they gave it to Henry.

I was so sure that DJ took the first three rounds. I couldn't understand why Rogan and Co were so intent on giving Henry the second round because of a single takedown with no damage done.

I'll need to rewatch it, but IMO it was a robbery.

I also hate it when people say a close fight can't be a robbery. It absolutely can. You can have a close fight with a clear winner, which I think this was.

I honestly don't know why people are giving it to Henry. He got some takedowns, but did absolutely nothing with them. DJ landed the harder, more consistent shots on the feet and protected himself well on the bottom. The best Henry managed was getting to half guard. That is hardly dominant.

It's possible that I'll change my mind after rewatching, but right now I feel like DJ was robbed of a win.

I see this as a standard title defense that could have been scored either way. Perhaps it's unfortunate that top control obtained from takedowns seems to count for so much, even if the guy on the bottom is fighting way more offensively and the top guy is just laying there but it doesn't seem to be miraculously improving anytime soon. Takedowns just seem to give that image of Octagon control and dictating the position and pace of a fight. MMA has largely become a way for phenomenal wrestlers to gain international attention and success without relying on the ever declining world of WWE and that seems a fact of life. And for the record, I think MM handled the post fight conference rather well considering this was indeed a case where top control during a fight was used to snatch away critical rounds.

Judges aren't appointed by the UFC, it's the athletic commissions, it's hip to blame the UFC for everything but this time it's not their fault.

Little known fact, every decision in the history of UFC has been a robbery.

Not every decision you disagree with has to be a robbery. I scored it for cejudo too, they were 2-2 going into the last but henry got the TD and finished stronger. Could have gone the other way and still wouldn't have been a robbery.

DJ lost.

This is my issue.. 1 takedown won cejudo the fight??? One action?? Wrestling scores to high in mma.

Back