Disturbed-The Sound of Silence

Nu-metal sucks. I mean, I can't argue that people like Disturbed - they sell a ton of albums and have won a Grammy. My personal opinion though is that they're terrible.

I think it's kind of gross to compare the cover to All Along the Watchtower. I mean, Bob Dylan even said that Jimi just owned that song more than he ever could; I just can't imagine Simon & Garfunkel saying that about this cover.

Anyway, I find it cringe inducing. Even moreso when you add the visual element.

I'd sell my kids music equipment if they played this shit. I don't have kids.

So I listened to the song a few more times, and then the original a few times as well, and I'm really starting to dig it.

It'd be too easy to make a 'Metal' version of the song, which is what they did with all their other covers. They paid tribute to the original, doing it with a piano, acoustic guitars, and a small orchestra.

Didn't dig the music video in the OP, whoever though it'd be a great idea to have the close-ups of the singer screaming at you, was an idiot. I very much enjoy this version.

10 times better. I always prefer live performances over studio recordings.

Love the original and love David's live version on Conan as well.

Not a fan. Me First would have done a better job, and in half the time.

Saw them in concert Tuesday night. My wife is a much bigger fan, but I thought it was a good show. It was what I expected it to be. I thought "Sound of Silence" live was great, but what do I know?

Back