• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Disney Special District repeal might cost Floridians $1 Billion

And the best you can do is say I'm waxing hyperbolic.

Republicans just showed the world if you challenge their position, they'll attack your business. I doubt you'll understand how big a deal that is, but apart from the real tax dollars in play right now there's the fact that big business concerns who were thinking of moving to Florida have to take that into account, and could decide to take their business somewhere less fascist.

Just to be clear I loathe Disney and think they're a blight. I think they treat their people terribly and always have, and I think the amount of power they have is frightening. I just think this move does nothing to change that and illustrates how hypocritical the GOP is when it comes to business. Shooting yourself in the foot to make a political point is bad; I won't say it's stupid because it's not like these politicians care about the people of Florida, who might just be stupid enough to like the idea.
You still didn't answer the question. You just ranted. There's nothing wrong with saying you made a mistake.

giphy.gif

Why not just answer the question?

Inflation running wild and supply chains ravaged by the pandemic, do you think it was a good idea to shut the southern border down?

It definitely hurt every American and cost the country almost ten billion.

Someone mentioned the HSR in Cali and I have no problems talking about how stupid that was (the implementation not the idea) because I'm not a slave to partisan positions. And you?

You still didn't answer the question. You just ranted. There's nothing wrong with saying you made a mistake.

I didn't make a mistake, I explained the problems here.

Saying catastrophic may be subjective hyperbole, but it isn't a mistake. I make mistakes all the time, this wasn't one of them.

It's the source signal dude, this poster is a sweetheart but he/she/it seems to be stuck on stupid, in a trance because of the constant digestion of propaganda by mainstream media. I'd bet they/he/she hate watches Fox News more than most republicans

And knows more about QAnon than most conservative/republican voters.

This has been catastrophic for Florida

Remember folks, this guy is a well informed straight shooter and doesn't let hyper-partisanship cloud his judgement. He just wants to discuss the merits of the issues, unlike the rest of you chuds...

Having been to Orlando recently, I dont think most people there give any fucks about this.

This thread is cracking me up because some on here are in extreme denial or too stupid to understand what is going on. I'll try my best to dumb it down for you - DeSantis basically tossed a giant, double-ended dildo at Disney AND the FL taxpayers and started chanting "ass to ass" and you are chanting along with him :)

This thread is cracking me up because some on here are in extreme denial or too stupid to understand what is going on. I'll try my best to dumb it down for you - DeSantis basically tossed a giant, double-ended dildo at Disney AND the FL taxpayers and started chanting "ass to ass" and you are chanting along with him :)
<{jackyeah}>

lol, you literally posted the article that is the OP with nothing to add? Great addition of a wall of text

It isn't just the cost of the repair itself though. To have the timely response and higher standard of service, they need more personnel. You seem to be overlooking that the county may pay 5 people to repair roads in an area, and in the same area disney may pay 10 people. In addition to number of people, they could pay them differently and have different benefits. Or the county may have a certain contract for materials since they are repairing pot holes all across the county and since they are repairing so many more, they get a discount on material by buying in bigger bulk.

So while the bills don't disappear, they extra salaries and benefits do. Moreover, the bills CAN be different, because as I said, Disney may repair every minor pothole as soon as it happens. So they may repair the same area multiple times in a given period, where as the county may repair it once in the same period, just waiting for the problem to get to the point they need to fix it. So 5 bills for 1000 bucks may turn into 1 bill for 3000 bucks.

I do enjoy how the director of special districts used my specific pothole example lol

“You’ll notice you never see potholes when you drive up to Walt Disney World. That’s because Disney doesn’t have to wait for the county to come to fix them,” David Ramba, executive director of the Florida Association of Special Districts, told the Journal.

Are liberals still advocating for ancap style policy in order to own the conservativez and DeSantis?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back