Disney is dying

Highly doubtful.

Their Avengers arc probably single handedly brought in more revenue that previous decades combined.

Neither is going to croak. They'll both be here long after we're all dead.
Entertainment companies are more fragile than sports. There's always gonna be an audience for Boxing. Not that I think Disney is gonna die anytime soon, but the crash comes fast and hard for entertainment giants, if you fuck up for too long. That red line creeps and then sprints.

Entertainment companies are more fragile than sports. There's always gonna be an audience for Boxing. Not that I think Disney is gonna die anytime soon, but the crash comes fast and hard for entertainment giants, if you fuck up for too long. That red line creeps and then sprints.

They'll eventually change tactics. They're too big too fail.

Was it mediocre? I grew up loving Disney movies. My kids growing up were indifferent towards their films and would rather watch something else.

Fuck em for what they did to Star Wars

My kids had no desire to watch 8 & 9 after New Hope.

And lol at all the garbage side movies

Marvel is dead too.

God, there will be never as epic series of movies as Iron Man to Infinity War

Great breakdown and explanation of the decline of one of the greatest entertainment corporations of all time

Cliffs:
-Toxic workplace
-Hiring used to be based on meritocracy
-Now factor in skin color, sexual orientation, and disability in opportunity allocation
-“Diversity brings unique perspective”
-At least 50% of regular and recurring characters and actors who play them have to be from underrepresented groups
-At least 50% producers, directors and writing staff should come from an underrepresented groups
-Casting director has to come from an underrepresented group or not have previously worked on a Disney show in this role
-Disney executives, motivated by short term gains, have seen diversity equity and inclusion policies will ally with these groups and make them money (DEI policy)
-No plans to change their strategy, Bob Igor just claims lack of focus.
-Directors and execs blame fans as a scapegoat. Saying it’s bigotry, racism, and sexism. Fans are not having it.
-Indoctrination of kids, some people not happy
-Prioritizing demographics over merit not good
-Open discourse discouraged. Anyone who speaks out is essentially going to get alienated and fired. They will be walking into a firing squad
-Prioritizing short term gains for long term results has failed Disney. They no longer have the team to rebuild even if they wanted to.

wut?

<WhatIsThis>

Disney gross profit for the twelve months ending March 31, 2024 was $31.245B, a 8.72% increase year-over-year. Disney annual gross profit for 2023 was $29.697B, a 4.86% increase from 2022. Disney annual gross profit for 2022 was $28.321B, a 27.07% increase from 2021

wut?

<WhatIsThis>

Disney gross profit for the twelve months ending March 31, 2024 was $31.245B, a 8.72% increase year-over-year. Disney annual gross profit for 2023 was $29.697B, a 4.86% increase from 2022. Disney annual gross profit for 2022 was $28.321B, a 27.07% increase from 2021

numbers are woke

"Only a matter of time"...?

Shit man, they've been bleeding viewers for years over their sports programs being woke lectures.
I don't watch the other crap they put out, just fight nights and ppvs on my goto streams.

wut?

<WhatIsThis>

Thats a shit estimate. What was their annual gross profit before covid.( 2019/2020 ) No shit they are making more money in 2023 then 2022 which was about when covid restrictions were ending.

Last edited:
AND They have this TRON ride that was going to make it all better, but it was closed most of the day. If it was open, you gotta do some other type of way to get on it that was irregular.
Hmm, like get sucked into it through a computer monitor?
Dana black
Lol, surprise chuckle from this, nicely done

Thats a shit estimate. What was their annual gross profit before covid.( 2019/2020 ) No shit they are making more money in 2023 then 2022 which was about when covid restrictions were ending.

“Boxing is dying” narrative has been around forever but let’s be real MMA is so much better
There was a few years recently when boxing was on life support. 2009 - 2013 maybe? But they pushed through. MMA? If MMA was ever gonna die off in our lifetime it would have been 2003 or 2008.

I clicked on that link and it only went back as far as 2021.

There was a few years recently when boxing was on life support. 2009 - 2013 maybe? But they pushed through. MMA? If MMA was ever gonna die off in our lifetime it would have been 2003 or 2008.

To whatever extent boxing was and is dying that was about the US. Not the sport as a whole. In many parts of the world boxings never been healthier.

MMA pretty much died in Japan(its birthplace) and its still alive and well. Non team sports can survive dying in major countries.

Theres dying and then theres DYING.

To whatever extent boxing was and is dying that was about the US. Not the sport as a whole.
Aaaahh OK fair enough. In the US it was pretty bad at the era I mentioned. Especially when it got dropped by HBO.
In many parts of the world boxings never been healthier.
I do remember when I was stationed in Germany from 2010 -2012 it seemed like the world stopped with either of the Klitschko brothers were fighting.
MMA pretty much died in Japan(its birthplace)
Pretty sure MMA's birth place was in Brazil. They got record of event from the 1960s that happened in Rio
and its still alive and well. Non team sports can survive dying in major countries.
Theres dying and then theres DYING.
Glad to hear. Did ONE FC finally bring it back in Japan or what?

Fuck em for what they did to Star Wars

My kids had no desire to watch 8 & 9 after New Hope.

And lol at all the garbage side movies

Marvel is dead too.

God, there will be never as epic series of movies as Iron Man to Infinity War

Star Wars may die. Because we ourselves grew up with good Star Wars creating nostalgia and fans into adulthood.

This generation got garbage so they won't care about Star Wars years into the future.

“Boxing is dying” narrative has been around forever but let’s be real MMA is so much better

"MMA is going to be bigger than soccer" - Kenny Florian. Or Dana. Don't remember which.

I have absolutely no problem with Disney dying or at least getting knocked down considerably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back