Disenchantment(New Cartoon From The Creator Of The Simpsons And Futurama)

Finished it up. My initial impressions pretty much echo through the entire series. Not laugh out loud funny, but it's consistently charming and keeps you entertained. I never found any significant improvement in anything in the final bits, like some are saying though. I think those sentiments might just be a case of people growing to like it as it went on.

For me, it was a solid 7/10 all the way through. It ain't gonna blow anybody away, but I think it set a good foundation for the future. Now that it's over the first season hump, hopefully they can take it to new heights going forward.

It's good enough for me to let Netflix auto-queue up another episode, but not good enough for me to pirate if Netflix didn't have it.

First episodes were like meh, like just another animated comedy not as good as the simpsons.

But the continuing storyline is a pretty refreshing take for this type of show, had a couple of curveballs I was not expecting at all ( after seeig Homer quit his job 100 times just to be back in the plant by the end of the episode I didnt expect much).

The ending of the season felt like game of thrones , deaths, plot twist, conspiracys, new factions.

First episodes were like meh, like just another animated comedy not as good as the simpsons.

But the continuing storyline is a pretty refreshing take for this type of show, had a couple of curveballs I was not expecting at all ( after seeig Homer quit his job 100 times just to be back in the plant by the end of the episode I didnt expect much).

The ending of the season felt like game of thrones , deaths, plot twist, conspiracys, new factions.
Amen. This series pulled a Whedon in the first season.

It was mostly silly and pointless at first. Felt shallow. It became increasingly ambitious and heavy as the season went along. This show is way more Rick and Morty than I ever would have expected. I'm am on the edge of my seat for the second season.

Elfo is funny but that's about it so far. I'll try to watch the 3 ep for 4th time tonight, I fall asleep every time. :confused:

Season 2 is out on Netflix
Im a couple episodes in and its good so far, this season has started stronger than the last one did

Season 2 was ok. About the same as the first season, unfortunately without any real improvements. At least they gave Lucy a plotline, giving him a reason for being in the show at all.
I like the idea of the show having a continuous story. I just wish they'd give it a stronger one.

I really liked the first two seasons, the last season especially. Good recommendation!

It's enjoyable enough - but I think I mainly like it for West, DiMaggio, LaMarche and Macneille.

Season 2 was ok. About the same as the first season, unfortunately without any real improvements. At least they gave Lucy a plotline, giving him a reason for being in the show at all.
I like the idea of the show having a continuous story. I just wish they'd give it a stronger one.

No you idiot, season 2 is worse than the first, and the first was uneven. I tried rewatching it a while ago, and I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to take a show based on beloved fairy tale stereotypes, and turn every character into a pansexual weirdo. It's like they decided to systematically take every good idea out behind the shed and shoot it.

No you idiot, season 2 is worse than the first, and the first was uneven. I tried rewatching it a while ago, and I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to take a show based on beloved fairy tale stereotypes, and turn every character into a pansexual weirdo. It's like they decided to systematically take every good idea out behind the shed and shoot it.

Reported for flaming.

I love when Elfo fights. He is vicious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back