Disenchantment(New Cartoon From The Creator Of The Simpsons And Futurama)

It was ok.
I felt that they "stole" a lot from Futurama in the voices and some minor characters that looked exactly like Futuramas.
I said this a billion times Matt Groening is not funny.
I watched the show as said it was ok, to me. Nothing new nothing exciting and not very funny.

They did, though I'm not sure if that was intentional or just because the actors that are playing them don't have that much versatility.

I think for me, the characters were pretty dull, and almost seemed like an attempt to "1-up" futurama. And the stories were forgettable. It got better as the series progressed but there was never really a time where I was looking forward to watching the next episode.

But it wasn't bad.

I dont really know how much Matt actually writes the episodes. I know for the Simpsons he had a team of writers. I think he's more of a concept design/ producer to be honest.

I watched the first episode and that was it. Agree with TS, it didn't grab me but I gotta get back into it and give it s shot.

Love Futurama and The Simpsons so I was pretty excited for this. I actually didn't mind the 1st 2 episodes but felt like the show dragged until about episode 7 when it really picked up. It's nowhere near the greatness of The Simpsons or Futurama and the most disappointing thing is there's really no stand out characters like those shows. On a positive note it did end strong. I would definitely watch another season.

I thought it was pretty bad, but I got a little more invested towards the end when the story got more interesting

I did love that Matt Barry ( I think his name is) is in it.
Loved him in The IT Crowd

That little black demon looking guy seems cool. But that’s all that really caught my attention from the trailer.

It's a great drunk show. Not for the sober.

It's not meant to be in the same vein as The Simpsons or Futurama. They're not creating endearing characters or a larger world.

It's just good for when you're drunk or high and you need something to watch that you don't have to remember.
This seems like a backhanded compliment for a Groening show.

They are usually more intellectual than the other guys, no?

I quite liked it. Simpsons has been shitty for years now, but this was actually worth the watch.

I never liked a single episode of Simpsons and I episodically liked Futurama, mostly because of Bender.
I highly doubt I will like this one, especially since I somehow associate main character with a bad case of female Geralt cosplay.

Anyone watching this on Netflix?
Watched the first episode and it didnt grab me and hook me in the way The Simpsons and Futurama did but Im about 6 episodes in now and Im loving it
Its frickin hilarious and got the same kinda humor you would expect from Matt Groening so if you're a fan of the other two shows you should check it out
I give it my highest 7 thumbs up recommendation

I’m watching it, but it’s not actually funny at all, mildly entertaining

I'm a huge fan of Simpsons and Futurama, but like someone else said the Groening type of humour feels outdated. These type of shows worked better in the late 90's and early 2000's, or maybe I'm just old and bitter and now.
You are correct. Simpson’s sucks for 15 years but futurama was great

it has it's moments and it somewhat funny, my onky beef with it is the jokes aren't so smart compared to simpsons or .futurama they need to here new writers. they made elfo too dumb he could have been a better character.
Elfo is fucking pathetic character ugh

I've enjoyed it so far. Easy to watch and funny, takes your mind to a simpler place for a minute.

I never liked a single episode of Simpsons and I episodically liked Futurama, mostly because of Bender.
I highly doubt I will like this one, especially since I somehow associate main character with a bad case of female Geralt cosplay.
The lead is basically a female Bender

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't heard a peep about this show, and it was kinda something I was missing.

Only one episode in so far, but I'm not blown away. It has occasional glimmers of Futurama-esque magic, but it's far apart. I won't compare it to Simpsons because I think it's kind of a different beast. I think they rush the plot along too much, with too many throwaway gags- wish they'd shown more love and respect for the source material (old folk's tales and fantasy). Like, centre each episode around one theme/story, instead of just mashing every fantasy reference they can think of into the plot. It isn't nearly as clever as Futurama, and the characters are kind of bland. Especially the devil, who blows. He seems just tacked on. Like David Spade in every sit com he's ever been in.
Still, I love hearing some of the voice actors from Futurama (Billy West, my man). And I like a lot of the visuals. I'll probably watch the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. Hadn't heard a peep about this show, and it was kinda something I was missing.

Only one episode in so far, but I'm not blown away. It has occasional glimmers of Futurama-esque magic, but it's far apart. I won't compare it to Simpsons because I think it's kind of a different beast. I think they rush the plot along too much, with too many throwaway gags- wish they'd shown more love and respect for the source material (old folk's tales and fantasy). Like, centre each episode around one theme/story, instead of just mashing every fantasy reference they can think of into the plot. It isn't nearly as clever as Futurama, and the characters are kind of bland. Especially the devil, who blows. He seems just tacked on. Like David Spade in every sit com he's ever been in.
Still, I love hearing some of the voice actors from Futurama (Billy West, my man). And I like a lot of the visuals. I'll probably watch the rest of the season.
from what I heard from reviews this was supposed to be some game of thrones parody but I could not tell it was from watching it.

This seems like a backhanded compliment for a Groening show.

They are usually more intellectual than the other guys, no?

this show is not attempting to be intellectual.

this is a less grand endeavor than previous Groening shows.

i'm just advising prospective viewers to not come in holding it to a standard it doesn't seem to be asking for.

I’ll give it a second chance, but the first episode didn’t blow me away. Hoping it improves.

Back