Discussion Thread: The Ultimate Fighter 30th Season 2022

There's just too much talent elsewhere in other organisations for them to expect people to watch these fucking bums on a "reality show". It's so low level, I'd rather watch reruns of the Bellator prelims.

As for tats, brown pride, white pride, butterflies, tribal, whatever they are, all equally as garbage.
Oh I watch every Bellator event, trust me there are even worse fighters on the prelims sometimes there

There’s some drama foreshadowed on the teaser for next week’s show. Chantel Coates has to cut an insane amount of weight. Like 24 pounds!

Try 28.5lbs! I had to rewind to double-check, and even Julianna says it. Looks like she's at 154.5, and even with the one pound allowance, that's 28.5 lbs. That's 18.4% of her weight at the time. Good luck.

Try 28.5lbs! I had to rewind to double-check, and even Julianna says it. Looks like she's at 154.5, and even with the one pound allowance, that's 28.5 lbs. That's 18.4% of her weight at the time. Good luck.
That's insane. I doubt she'll make it. Maybe they'll bring in a replacement fighter. There should be a few around Vegas.

That was far more a professional episode than I expected.

They dealt with Coates weight issues right off the bat and she was more or less sent packing in a classy way by her team. This wasn’t your typical “get out slob” weight miss of seasons past. A new fighter was brought in, Laura Gallardo, who has some real promise. Trains with Joe Daddy and Hendo. The original fight was pretty much scrapped because Brogans knee isn’t quite there, and Juliana was cool with Team Nunes picking a new fight. Kathyrn picked to fight Laura.

They did a background on Laura. Also showed a history of Kathyrn and brought up how she stutters. Apparently, Bobby stutters. That’s news to me.

The fight itself was eh. Laura got her down and Kathryn really had nothing from her back. Laura didn’t have a dominant top game, but she smotherered her when she got her down and seemed to get her down at will. Kathyrn was quick to pick Laura for the fight. Seemed like she thought the alternate with a few days in would be this years Michael Gillmore. She even said while crying “I lost to the alternate.”

Interesting fight pick by Pena.

Last edited:
Kind of went the way I thought it would.
There's no point in even trying to lose that much weight. It sounds like they were going to let her try, but I'm guesssing once they talked to her they could tell she didn't think she could do it either. Oh well. The new gal who got to come back is sure loving it.

Maximus picked by Pena to fight Eduardo Perez, Nunes’s first pick. Eduardo is explosive as hell with his striking power but his ground game is reallly suspect. He’s a viable prospect for sure but it’d be something if Bobby beats him.

Maximus picked by Pena to fight Eduardo Perez, Nunes’s first pick. Eduardo is explosive as hell with his striking power but his ground game is reallly suspect. He’s a viable prospect for sure but it’d be something if Bobby beats him.
It seemed like a very weird pick. Maybe she knows something we don't.

Episode 4.

Chantel Coates is way over weight. She is kindly let go from the team. Brogan Walker's knee hurts. Dr. Davidson informs her it's merely a level 1 mcl tear.

Julianna Pena needs an alternate fighter. She calls in Laura Gallardo. Amanda and Nina want to give Walker more time to recover. Kathryn Poprocki volunteers to take the fight. Gallardo uses her takedowns to control her opponent and moves on.

The choices made for this season were bizarre. Pennington and especially Nunes have little in the way of personality and there was no beef between them. Also women's flyweight and heavyweight were the 2 worst divisions to pick and the quality of the fights so far show that.

Tony/Nate or Masvidal/Colby would have been perfect as coaches. I hope they do Khabib and Tony as coaches next season.

I'm hoping Perez wins or my hopes of a decent HW coming from this season will be pretty much dead.

I don’t know… with as much as he’s being featured, everything from his talk to Chantel when she had to leave, to them airing the mention that he also has a stutter while featuring Kathyrn leads me to believe he at least wins this fight. They’re spending way too much air time featuring him and I can’t envision it’s just because he’s the 43 year old comeback story. We’ve seen absolutely no mentions at all of Perez since Episode One. That’s usually, in seasons past, not a good sign. If one gets heavily featured, they usually go places and if one doesn’t… well…

This could be an exception.

That was far more a professional episode than I expected.

They dealt with Coates weight issues right off the bat and she was more or less sent packing in a classy way by her team. This wasn’t your typical “get out slob” weight miss of seasons past. A new fighter was brought in, Laura Gallardo, who has some real promise. Trains with Joe Daddy and Hendo. The original fight was pretty much scrapped because Brogans knee isn’t quite there, and Juliana was cool with Team Nunes picking a new fight. Kathyrn picked to fight Laura.

They did a background on Laura. Also showed a history of Kathyrn and brought up how she stutters. Apparently, Bobby stutters. That’s news to me.

The fight itself was eh. Laura got her down and Kathryn really had nothing from her back. Laura didn’t have a dominant top game, but she smotherered her when she got her down and seemed to get her down at will. Kathyrn was quick to pick Laura for the fight. Seemed like she thought the alternate with a few days in would be this years Michael Gillmore. She even said while crying “I lost to the alternate.”

Interesting fight pick by Pena.
Great Summary!
<JackieThumbsUp>

Well, they've finally fixed FightPass (at least here in Canada) so this season is finally in the right spot.

But now the preview at the beginning of the episode (at least for this latest episode) is incorrect.

The last episode was super boring, the fight sucked. About the only good thing that happened during the episode was they kicked the overweight girl off pretty quickly. I was not interested in seeing her sit in the sauna crying how she won't make it.

I'm glad the stutter girl lost. maybe we won't have to listen to her try and talk anymore

I thought this was one of the better fights. Laura was impressive to me. Looked like she had decent strikes and mauling wrestling. She left herself open for a few subs, but I think she can clean that up and be one to look out for. The girl with the stutter was really awkward I am not sure how she made it on the contender series, lost, and ended up on TUF? She is now 3-3 i believe.

Back