Discussion Thread: The Ultimate Fighter 30th Season 2022

Just watched episode 2, nice build-up to the fight but the fight was terrible. Episode 3 promises to have fireworks though

First episode is on Fight Pass. In Canada at least.

Why the heck are they making it so hard to find? If you browse to "Shows" and "TUF", it only goes to season 29.

Unless you catch it in the freshly aired pile, you have to search for the episodes.

Last edited:
Why the heck are they making it so hard to find? If you browse to "Shows" and "TUF", it only goes to season 29.

Unless you catch it in the freaky aired pile, you have to search for the episodes.
I dunno, the user interface on Fight Pass is awkward and not intuitive at all.

I just looked in the Trending section and the new episode is there.

I dunno, the user interface on Fight Pass is awkward and not intuitive at all.

I just looked in the Trending section and the new episode is there.

Yeah, the "Trending" section is what I meant. It makes no sense. They have an actual spot specifically for TUF, and that's not where one can find the latest season.

Yeah, the "Trending" section is what I meant. It makes no sense. They have an actual spot specifically for TUF, and that's not where one can find the latest season.
Yeah it's super weird.

Just watched episode 2, nice build-up to the fight but the fight was terrible. Episode 3 promises to have fireworks though

First 2 fights have sucked right? I haven't been impressed with anyone I've seen thus far.

First 2 fights have sucked right? I haven't been impressed with anyone I've seen thus far.
The first one was at least a bit better than this one but both weren't great. Judging by their records, the quality of fighters this season isn't great. Maybe Usman can save the season

Pena looks super sexy in her glasses......Looks like she should play some kind of seductive spy/villian type in a movie. Nunes is about the worst coach I have seen. Just no personality whatsoever. Fights have been meh. Sipe is a punk glad he lost. Usman is pretty terrible, but seems like a good dude. If Sipe wasnt too busy screwing around he could have easily won that fight. At the beginning of the 3rd he was piecing Usman up w/ leg kicks / jabs then just stopped. Usman was just throwing mostly wild punches, does not seem to have a well rounded game at all. That being said I thought Usman won the first 2 rounds. I think when Usman went down it was more of a slip and he put Sipe down and landed some shots. I feel Usman won at least 3 mins of the first round and clearly won the 2nd. 3rd round aside from the opening 30 seconds Sipe barely landed anything and Usman hit a few shots.

Episode 3. Sipe talks a lot of crap. Usman says it doesn't bother him. Then talks more about how it doesn't bother him at all, he's fighting for his son who passed away at age three. He goes on to say that ... you guessed it ... Sipe's trash talking doesn't bother him.

The fight. Sipe has a good first round then throws the fight away. Round 2 Sipe keeps clowning. Doing the Ali shuffle, throwing an arm out in the air, doing a windmill. Nunes yells 'don't do that' and 'focus.' Sipe ignores the advice and keeps clowning. Usman wins the round so it's going to round three. Between rounds Nunes' team tells Sipe that Usman's leg is there - go and kick it. Beginning of round 3 he does that effectively for about a minute then abandons it. Usman throws some jabs and wins the round and the fight. He refuses to shake Sipe's hand.

Neither guy looks very good. Sipe is a head case. Usman looks unskilled, nervous and too emotional.

Episode 3. Sipe talks a lot of crap. Usman talks about how it doesn't bother him. Then talks more about how it doesn't bother him at all, he's fighting for his son who passed away at age three. He then goes on to say that ... you guessed it ... Sipe's trash talking doesn't bother him.

The fight. Sipe has a good first round then throws it away. Round 2 Sipe keeps clowning. Doing an Ali shuffle, throwing his arm out in the air, doing a windmill. Nunes yells 'don't do that' and 'focus.' Sipe ignores the advice, does it again and again. Usman wins the round. So it's going to round three. Between rounds Nunes' team told Sipe that Usman's leg is there - go and kick it. Beginning of round 3 he does that effectively for about a minute then completely abandons it. Usman throws some jabs and wins the round and the fight. He refuses to shake Sipe's hand.

Neither guy looks very good. Sipe is a head case. Usman looks unskilled, nervous and too emotional.
It's so true. Usman spend a lot of effort saying that Sipe wasn't getting under his skin, when he was very obviously getting under his skin. The fight was tragic, not UFC level. Sipe would have won easily but he clowned around to much and got outworked.

Usman seems like a decent guy, and his story is absolutely tragic. Sipe seems like a total douchebag.

They will most likely both get a shot in the UFC, but I would be surprised if Usman wins the whole thing. I don't think he can beat Pauga.

I'm pulling for the old dude just because. I can't believe they had a 40+ year old come on the show. Not sure what purpose that serves. If the guy wins he doesn't have many years left.
It was pretty clear Sipe was bothering usman. Sipe talks about money and taking care of his family and what not and yet acts like a total fool in the ring. Coming off a previous loss in a ufc program you would think he would have taken this seriously. Just have 0 respect for the guy and hope he doesn't get a shot

The Usman / Sipe fight was worse than most fights last season, super low level. I was hoping they'd inject some drama into the show and have Colby Covington appear at the PI screaming "WHERE YOU AT USMAN?!?!" :D<Lmaoo> Hopefully there's a bit more drama injected into the show soon because Pena / Nunes aren't bringing anything to the table entertainment wise so far.

This was a strange one. I normally like when fighters talk in the cage, as part of their game. but it seemed sipe wanted to talk and clown more than fight. He wasn't busy enough at all. Usman showed a lot of discipline not engaging in the trash talk and antics. But thought as the fight went on and sipe wasn't active, Usman should have pressured more. Wheres the takedown attempts, clinch, leg kicks, anything. he said he was the rounded fighter he sure didn't show it. And why did sipe stop his leg kicks, those first few in the third looked great. Thought it was the right decision.

Too much dead baby talk. And wasn't there a lot of dead dad stuff too with the last girl? Not impressed with the house stuff yet

Why were two of the fighters wearing masks in the fighter picks...? They're living in a house with these folks who i'm assuming have all been tested.....

Back