Discussion Thread: The Ultimate Fighter 30th Season 2022

I actually could see Sipe being a name to watch this season too. That loss to Don’Tale Mayes on DWCS is hardly a bad one, and he had a major injury heading into his fight with Irvins Ayala.

Just watched the first episode and was even worse than expected. The TUF producers are clearly setting up Kamaru's very athletic but unfortunately just not very good brother for an easy win. Theres no other explanation for why the two best fighters would be matched up in the first episode.
HW Usman is awful. He got absolutely schooled by a part time mma fighter/ full time marine drill instructor, and I am not joking about that last part

He's pretty shit tbh.

Bartling was my big hope and he got beaten easily by a blown up LHW. Difficult to tell with these HW's until they fight someone decent.
HW MMA being awful on the regional scene is the reason why we have Kongo being competitive while almost 50

Watching the new episode now.

Some thoughts.

I like the new opening. It's weird.

Kaytlin Neil is cute. Very cute.

Helen Peralta is a little scary. Seems like a killer.

Some more thoughts:

Helen Peralta is too small for Flyweight. If she wants lasting success she should try to cut to 115.
Kaytlin Neil fought an excellent fight and earned that victory. Pena says robbery, but Neil won that fair and square.

Also, Kaytlin Neil is extremely attractive to me. I like her voice, I like her face. She reminds me of a taller, shredded version of one of my exes. Her weight cut physique is not really my thing, but I bet that in between camps and dolled up a little she's an absolute smokeshow.

Last edited:
Episode 2. Cool seeing Forrest Griffin take the lead as master of ceremonies. Helen Peralta vs. Katlynn Neil. Peralta has been active in bare knuckle boxing & has a strong overhand right. Pena chose her first because of her KO power. Neil is taller, has a wrestling background and is 4-1 in her last five mma fights. Shortly before the fight Neil learns her dad died.

Peralta wins round 1 on the strength of her power punches. Neil gets more active and wins round 2 after getting a solid takedown to end the round. So it goes to round 3. Neil varies her attacks a bit more, adding in some good kicks. She wins the split decision and will move on. Nice seeing Amanda & Nina Nunes being supportive of Neil throughout the fight and afterward. Amanda was crying 'I knew you were gonna win!' lol

Next week: heavyweights Usman vs. Sipe. At the announcement Sipe talks some trash. Usman is pissed off like I wanna whup this guy. Haha!

Is it available on fight pass ?

Edit: nevermind, I actually read the thread :D

Sipe is gonna blast Usman next week, guaranteed. Usman is not very good, Sipe is at least scrappy as fuck.

1 Thing I hate about split division TUFs is I usually hate the other division. I have no interest in watching the HWs. If you are going to do a split division season with WMMA make it two WMMA divisions[115/125]. Also no more 135/145 TUFs the talent does not exist for it to be worthwhile.

1 Thing I hate about split division TUFs is I usually hate the other division. I have no interest in watching the HWs. If you are going to do a split division season with WMMA make it two WMMA divisions[115/125]. Also no more 135/145 TUFs the talent does not exist for it to be worthwhile.

Opposite for me.

WMMA sucks. Especially at TUF level. HW's look poor, agreed, but there's at least the chance of a KO there somewhere.

Opposite for me.

WMMA sucks. Especially at TUF level. HW's look poor, agreed, but there's at least the chance of a KO there somewhere.
In general we agree but for different reasons. My main point was to keep the WMMA with WMMA during split division seasons for the WMMA audience. Which would mean it would be only Male MMA for most of the seasons since there are more male divisions. No one wins when fans hate half the season weather you like only WMMA or Male MMA.

In general we agree but for different reasons. My main point was to keep the WMMA with WMMA during split division seasons for the WMMA audience. Which would mean it would be only Male MMA for most of the seasons since there are more male divisions. No one wins when fans hate half the season weather you like only WMMA or Male MMA.
I feel like very few people like only WMMA.

Episode 2. Cool seeing Forrest Griffin take the lead as master of ceremonies. Helen Peralta vs. Katlynn Neil. Peralta has been active in bare knuckle boxing & has a strong overhand right. Pena chose her first because of her KO power. Neil is taller, has a wrestling background and is 4-1 in her last five mma fights. Shortly before the fight Neil learns her dad died.

Peralta wins round 1 on the strength of her power punches. Neil gets more active and wins round 2 after getting a solid takedown to end the round. So it goes to round 3. Neil varies her attacks a bit more, adding in some good kicks. She wins the split decision and will move on. Nice seeing Amanda & Nina Nunes being supportive of Neil throughout the fight and afterward. Amanda was crying 'I knew you were gonna win!' lol

Next week: heavyweights Usman vs. Sipe. At the announcement Sipe talks some trash. Usman is pissed off like I wanna whup this guy. Haha!

Mitchell repeatedly saying he was going to send Usman to the Gulag (which was a Soviet government agency of forced labor camps set up by Lenin and pushed heavy by Stalin) was something

<36>

Amanda saying level change over and over and Kaytlin doesn't do it once.

Helen was built up as a ferocious brawler and just circles while barely throwing anything the entire fight while Pena begs her to go for it.

Helen explains her poor gameplan to her coaches after the loss when they were supposed to have worked it out before the fight. Guess she decided to ignore world class coaching and do her own thing.

The 2 weakest divisions in mma don't make for an entertaining TUF season.

Last edited:
TUF is so boring up until the actual fight.

Oh Jesus that fight was atrocious. Opening 30 seconds I thought my stream had paused. Why did Helen stop throwing after round 1?

Absolutely horrendous show.

See you next week.

Yup still TUF to watch...

I'm catching just the fights later. Just 0 interest in the whole lead-up.

Back