***Disabled man told that subsidised housing is for muslim only***

somebody had to be the first person to post this
What do you guys think would happen if someone set up Christian housing only. I bet you there would be riots in the streets due to that bigotry.

This is getting scary. It was one thing when this kind of stuff was isolated to Europe but it has infected North America. We are soon to be next if we don't act.

I don't quite get it. The article clearly matches the title of this thread, yet the only quote they have from the housing provider doesn't fit with this at all. Or am I just to tired here?

Karin Tahir, Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace’s property manager, said the building does not discriminate on race, colour or ethnicity. "Ahmadiyya is in 200 countries," he said.

"We're not bumping anyone off the list," Tahir added. "The real issue is the 90,000-person waiting list for an affordable unit. Where is the new stock?
Anyway, it sounds pretty dumb, but "muslim" isn't really the issue here when talking about this program. I mean, they seem to have several other building positively discriminating in different manners.
“The City’s mandate policy allows social housing providers to restrict their housing to individuals belonging to an identifiable ethnic or religious group if specific conditions are met,” says a statement provided by city spokesperson John Gosgnach.

There are eight such buildings in Toronto, catering to Muslims, Macedonians, Germans and seniors who are Christian, Chinese, Greek, Hungarian or Lithuanian.

The whole policy seems weird to me, and I have the same reaction as the guy in the article.
“It was mostly confusing, more than anything else,” he said. “Why would a government segregate its own building?”

What do you guys think would happen if someone set up Christian housing only. I bet you there would be riots in the streets due to that bigotry.
Doesn't seem like it. There is a German house, and the muslim one gets the press.

you North Americans are going to have so many problems in 10/15 years time. You will understand what a muslim community does to the rest of society and what we go through in Europe.

There are many more terror attacks, assasinations of islam critics and riots in the streets to come.

And islamic demands Again and Again.

you North Americans are going to have so many problems in 10/15 years time. You will understand what a muslim community does to the rest of society and what we go through in Europe.

There are many more terror attacks, assasinations of islam critics and riots in the streets to come.

We were actually the ones who gave you the head's up on this when you guys were so busy lecturing us on how to handle our Mexican immigration problem 20 years ago.

Spoiler alert: you didn't listen.

What a bullshit.

And how about what westerners do in muslims countries since 2000's (you know, to spread democracy) ? Don't you think they also have "so many problem" with us ?

We were actually the ones who gave you the head's up on this when you guys were so busy lecturing us on how to handle our Mexican immigration problem 20 years ago.

Spoiler alert: you didn't listen.

Mainland Europe ? Maybe,but I'm sure others expressed concern.....England ? that would've been Enoch Powell in 1968.

Sometimes it feels good to live in a European country with a low income and a very hard language to learn.

We don't have any low quality immigrants coming in and we don't have any suicide bombings or shootings either. Our shitheads are locals only, so we have to deal with drunk morons and druggies, but no extremists. Dat Eastern European cultural cohesion.

This is getting scary. It was one thing when this kind of stuff was isolated to Europe but it has infected North America. We are soon to be next if we don't act.

Somebody has to be the first person to post this, what if you actually read the article?

"There are eight such buildings in Toronto, catering to Muslims, Macedonians, Germans and seniors who are Christian, Chinese, Greek, Hungarian or Lithuanian."

What a bullshit.

And how about what westerners do in muslims countries since 2000's (you know, to spread democracy) ? Don't you think they also have "so many problem" with us ?

Ugh..the Muslim apologist strikes again...

Middle Eastern refugees have pretty much pushed all black people out of the subsidized apartment buildings in the suburb of Milwaukee i live in.

It happened in months. Every summer the basketball courts filled up with black kids. This year they were completely empty.

Good to know that you're still alive, I thought you were killed by an evil muslim. Allah bless you.

I probably will be one day..y'know, with them being so "peaceful" and all..just a shame that I wont get to rape 72 infants when I die..unlike you :icon_neut

I probably will be one day..y'know, with them being so "peaceful" and all..just a shame that I wont get to rape 72 infants when I die..unlike you :icon_neut

Well I ain't muslim so I probably won't have that chance.

Let me start by stating that disability seems to remains far behind other visible minorities as far as societal acceptance, rights etc.

In this case, however, it is not that straight forward. TCH (Toronto community housing) subsidises private, 3rd party to provide housing for their specific stakeholders/patients whatever.

For example, a friend of mine works in a housing program for both ABI and mental health. They often turn down an ABI client b/c a given unit is for a Homes First mental health homeless person.

Just my 2 cents.

Well I ain't muslim so I probably won't have that chance.

Its not too late, convert..you might as well with all the white knighting you do for them..i mean, what the hell was your response all about?

I don't think North Americans need any lessons on the potential danger of Islamic Terrorism.

Do you even 9/11, bro.:rolleyes:

Back