Dining With Danzig

That would mean 17,000-23,800g of protein daily. That seems pretty high protein to me.

Well, since he's vegan, that means he's consuming 52.5 lbs of Hemp Protein a day. TrueProtein sells hemp protein at $10.49 per lbs, for a grand total of $550.73 per day on just protein! Wow, those UFC contracts really are lucrative.

I thought this was gonna be about Glenn Danzig.

I'm glad this thread turned out to be about Glenn Danzig.

IMO, Danzig excels despite his diet, not due to his diet. He's a rare gifted athlete that has found what he thinks works for him through trial and error.

I read a great article about superman vs. batman today. Mac is CLEARLY a superman as far as diet and lifting is concerned, but he's certainly put in his time with mma.

quick excerpt:

t-nation article said:
I was never a big fan of Superman. I think it's largely because things came too easy for him. All Superman had to do to get his super powers was show up. Our yellow sun gave him immeasurable strength, invulnerability, the ability to fly, and X-ray vision.

Batman, however, was my kind of guy. The poor schlep didn't have any super powers, so he had to make do with what he had. Oh, he knew he wanted to fight bad guys alright, but in order to do so, he had to lift weights, practice martial arts, study engineering and science, and invent nifty gadgets. Plus, he wasn't invulnerable. While Superman had nothing to lose when he fought the forces of evil, Batman could easily have lost his life, or at least pulled a groin muscle.

•He stopped consuming all dairy products in 1999 due to a recurrence of sinus and respiratory issues among other things.

•His condition and immune system improved immediately and his sinus problems were a thing of the past.

Sounds like your textbook food allergy to me.

Even if it is a typo, and they meant daily instead of per pound, 100 - 140 g of protein daily is a decent amount for a guy who walks around 170 and fights at 155.

I don't know how you want to define "high protein," but if we're talking grams per pound of lean mass, i'd venture that 100 - 140 grams per day qualifies as "high protein" for a 155er.

Or that's just one hell of a typo and nothing about the statement is remotely accurate.

Damn...I honestly thought it was gonna be Glenn Danzig, that woulda been rad!!

*grunts MUUUUUUTHHHHHAAAAA and shits self all at once*

Me three on thinking this was about the lead singer of the Misfits.

Am I not the only old guy on these forums? Was anyone else here a skater punk "back in the day?"

GUILTY....BAGGY jeans, a Javonte Turner GIRL skateboard and smoking buts and skating the train station lot at age 13 to 17

GUILTY....BAGGY jeans, a Javonte Turner GIRL skateboard and smoking buts and skating the train station lot at age 13 to 17

Awe man thats too new school I'm talking when Jovante was on World...lol

also I"M still a skater punk... getting old is for old ppl:icon_chee

Gee, I thought of Danzig the fighter seeing as how this is first and foremost a fight website.

Danzig and the Misfits = Fedor = overrated.

Back