Media Dillian Whyte wants Fury rematch after "quick referee stoppage" and "injured ankle from push."

This is troubling as a Whyte fan because I interpret this as a sign that Whyte has given up on being champion and just wants to jump right back into the fire for another payday. Why not get 1-2 solid wins then call out Usyk or Wilder? Probably because he is mentally defeated imo.

It’s a weird one as he took his losses far better against 2 fighters that he was doing well against. He is just never gonna beat Tyson, he matches up terribly with him. As you say he’s better going after someone else

i mean, that was a meltdown, ive not heard a single excuse from Joshua about any of his losses

others are full of excuses

It’s a weird one as he took his losses far better against 2 fighters that he was doing well against. He is just never gonna beat Tyson, he matches up terribly with him. As you say he’s better going after someone else
Perhaps it's because, on some level, he recognizes that he was out classed in every way. In those other losses he had reason to believe that he could win in an immediate rematch, where the Fury fight was one sided. It's probably clashed mightily with the perception he has of himself

He had his shot and he failed miserably. Imagine waiting so long for a title shot to finally get it only to get wrecked. Whyte needs to get back in line while Fury and Usyk sort out which of them is heavyweight king.

USYK-JOSHUA_06876.jpg

That moment when you give a victory speech after a loss :D Basically stole Usyks moment and made it about himself. The political situation in Ukraine considered made it even worse.

There is quite some dignity in Whyte as he talks about the Fury loss without even mentioning the bad case of leukemia he was going through at the time.

That moment when you give a victory speech after a loss :D Basically stole Usyks moment and made it about himself. The political situation in Ukraine considered made it even worse.
Ultimate cringe. Throwing the belts out of the ring, runaway steaming. Making up his mind (or got whispered in his ear) to go back and do damage controle. And with that even worsening it x10.

Shamefull acting out. No 2 year bender or total degeneracy could even come near the unprofessionalism aj showed that night.

This guy worse than Izzy and his asleep foot lol. Some people just can not take a loss, especially if they talked copious amounts of shite before hand.

I don't want to see it before either of them fight Usyk , Joshua or even a Joyce.
I'd watch a 4th fight though. 2 of the 3 fights were awesome classics.
The 2nd fight was a blow out but the pre fight hype and casual cross over was like few fights in the modern era. Everyone was talking about it and the bars were showing it and they were packed in my area. Which is rare to see even for a big fight.

I agree. Wilder against Joyce would be amazing. I mean I see a bunch of great fights in there other than another wilder/fury. You can throw hrgovic into that mix as well. But it's gonna be interesting how wilder deals with ruiz.

I agree. Wilder against Joyce would be amazing. I mean I see a bunch of great fights in there other than another wilder/fury. You can throw hrgovic into that mix as well. But it's gonna be interesting how wilder deals with ruiz.
I thought Hrgovic might of should of lost his last fight to Zhang. He dropped a bit as the top prospect in my eyes. But yeah we should still want to see how he does against the top ranked guys by now.

Yes let's throw away another Fury fight on Dillian after the Chisora fight. The fans are just clamoring for old blood and easy opponents for Tyson.

I thought Hrgovic might of should of lost his last fight to Zhang. He dropped a bit as the top prospect in my eyes. But yeah we should still want to see how he does against the top ranked guys by now.

He looked underwhelming against Zhang I thought. But who is there else after fury, Joshua, wilder, usyk, Joyce, ruiz and Ortiz. Another fight that I think still would be fun to watch is wilder/Whyte. But I guess that only happens when wilder would lose to Ruiz and Whyte wins his next fight.

Back