Media Dillian Whyte wants Fury rematch after "quick referee stoppage" and "injured ankle from push."

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

In a recent interview published on the Matchroom Boxing YouTube page, Whyte insisted that his big-picture plan is to eventually get back into title contention and avenge himself against Manchester’s Fury.

“You know, I want to get back into title contention and obviously get a rematch with Fury at some point,” Whyte said.

In the immediate aftermath to his fight with Fury, who claimed his win with a well-timed uppercut, Whyte took issue with the way the fight was refereed at the end. Whyte pointed to how Fury “pushed” him after landing the uppercut, and that it was the push that dropped him to the canvas, which in turn caused his head to ricochet from the mat. But slow-motion replays seemed to contradict Whyte’s contention. Whyte also had issue with what he felt was the referee’s quick stoppage.

In the interview, Whyte reiterated his previous complaints and also revealed that he sustained a ligament injury to his foot after the knockdown to Fury.

“I got hit with a good shot,” Whyte said. “It’s boxing, you get hurt. I’ve been down in fights before and gotten back up. He hit me with a good shot, pushed me over, and when he pushed me over I ended up f---ing twisting two ligaments in my foot, which obviously I had to take some time off. That’s why I haven’t fought since.

After all the shit that he talked about Wilder being delusional, he turned out to be just as bad in the same position.

No matter how many times he fight Tyson Fury, he will never win. He is just not in the same league as him. The only top guys I can see Whyte beat is probably Joshua.

After all the shit that he talked about Wilder being delusional, he turned out to be just as bad in the same position.
Exactly.
Don't worry there will be at least one Whyte fan & Wilder hater (maybe 2 others) who will rush in here to debate the # and made up severity levels of the excuses.

For the record.. Whyte with 4 made up excuses off of a fight shorter than a light ammy sparring session
- Was originally blaming hitting his head from push & not the punch
-False claim of an early stoppage
-Torn ligaments
-Push not the punch that did him in

Yep I agree just as delusional

Nobody wants this, just like nobody with a brain wants this 4th Fury vs Wilder fight instead of Fury vs Usyk that Fury keeps going on about.

wait what fucking 4th wilder fight? fury is saying people want him to fight wilder again??

"Deontay Wilder is now fighting Andy Ruiz Jr in a final eliminator to fight me and that would be amazing over here in Wembley,” Fury said in an interview with BT Sport when discussing a fourth meeting with the 'Bronze Bomber'. "I’ve been over there [the United States] three times now, if he wants the fourth fight he’s got to come to England. Do it at Wembley, break all records again. Wilder is a phenomenal athlete and a phenomenal puncher."

"Here’s the thing, I beat Wilder, some people say three times and some people say two and a draw, however you want to look at it. So, would people be interested in seeing me and him fight again for a fourth time? Yeah, even after three defeats."

"Deontay Wilder is now fighting Andy Ruiz Jr in a final eliminator to fight me and that would be amazing over here in Wembley,” Fury said in an interview with BT Sport when discussing a fourth meeting with the 'Bronze Bomber'. "I’ve been over there [the United States] three times now, if he wants the fourth fight he’s got to come to England. Do it at Wembley, break all records again. Wilder is a phenomenal athlete and a phenomenal puncher."

"Here’s the thing, I beat Wilder, some people say three times and some people say two and a draw, however you want to look at it. So, would people be interested in seeing me and him fight again for a fourth time? Yeah, even after three defeats."
I don't want to see it before either of them fight Usyk , Joshua or even a Joyce.
I'd watch a 4th fight though. 2 of the 3 fights were awesome classics.
The 2nd fight was a blow out but the pre fight hype and casual cross over was like few fights in the modern era. Everyone was talking about it and the bars were showing it and they were packed in my area. Which is rare to see even for a big fight.

That is true. Joshua has taken all of his losses much better than Wilder has. I'll give him that.
not just Wilder, Dillan as well...

i think we are waiting for the most epic of excuses when Fury loses...i think it may trump them all

I don't want to see it before either of them fight Usyk , Joshua or even a Joyce.
I'd watch a 4th fight though. 2 of the 3 fights were awesome classics.
The 2nd fight was a blow out but the pre fight hype and casual cross over was like few fights in the modern era. Everyone was talking about it and the bars were showing it and they were packed in my area. Which is rare to see even for a big fight.

I'd happily watch Fury fight Wilder again, if and when he's actually fought Usyk. After he's fought Usyk he can fight Bob Sapp and Jake Paul for all i care.

not just Wilder, Dillan as well...

i think we are waiting for the most epic of excuses when Fury loses...i think it may trump them all

If Fury loses he'll just go back to drugs. There's no wonder he can't stay out of the media's attention for more than 5 minutes when i saw him in an advert/commercial the other day where he was saying "i'm nothing without boxing", like all he is is what's inside the ring and without that he can't function.

His wife already pleaded with him to retire once and he said he'd never do something his wife doesn't want him to.

If Fury loses he'll just go back to drugs. There's no wonder he can't stay out of the media's attention for more than 5 minutes when i saw him in an advert/commercial the other day where he was saying "i'm nothing without boxing", like all he is is what's inside the ring and without that he can't function.

His wife already pleaded with him to retire once and he said he'd never do something his wife doesn't want him to.

After seeing the state that he got himself into during his suspension, I won't be surprised if he doesn't live very long after his real retirement.

Dude was clearly coked out of his mind at the Parker/Joyce fight. Seems like his demons are going to be with him forever.

This is troubling as a Whyte fan because I interpret this as a sign that Whyte has given up on being champion and just wants to jump right back into the fire for another payday. Why not get 1-2 solid wins then call out Usyk or Wilder? Probably because he is mentally defeated imo.

After seeing the state that he got himself into during his suspension, I won't be surprised if he doesn't live very long after his real retirement.

Dude was clearly coked out of his mind at the Parker/Joyce fight. Seems like his demons are going to be with him forever.

What makes you think this?

That is true. Joshua has taken all of his losses much better than Wilder has. I'll give him that.
USYK-JOSHUA_06876.jpg

say what you like about Joshua, at least the bloke just takes his losses like a man

Throwing the belts out of the ring and acting like a spilt penchant child is taking a loss like a man?

Back