Dillashaw is the perfect example that ANYONE can be world class

Anyone who can honestly watch last night's title fight and not burst out laughing at the suggestion that fighters should not strike from both stances...

I think Forrest proved that to some extent long ago. I don't agree anyone can be world class though. In this case we are talking about a D1 level wrestler and that right there is proof of above average talent and athleticism. Speed, agility and strength can all be improved to some extent, but you can be assured any successful professional athlete is starting with a higher level of these attributes as a base line.

A truer statement might be that the difference between the a contender and a champion is often dedication, focus and surrounding yourself with the right people.

what you say is true
1609936_233562310167647_2275090807648554623_n.jpg

hard work, dedication, motivation, have heart, never give up.

Wow that was gay

TS, did you even watch the fight? There's no way he's an average joe and he was hurting Barao with punches. Troll.

to me TJ seemed an untapped talent ...
he's athletic, coordinated, has great reflexes and even power in the hands.

For some reasons (maybe called "stylistic mismatches") he didn't performed well in some bouts.
TJ has not performed well in a grand total of 1 fight and in that fight he was just caught early and got stopped.

The kid was born with natural freakish athleticism. Not many have that.

And gentlemen.

There isn't anyone fighting at this level who is just some "normal" guy. For every top fighter you see, there are 10 more who worked every bit as hard, if not harder than anyone, and never got to the show. This sport sure as shit isn't for everyone, so don't kid yourselves.

I kinda get what your saying and I like the positive direction of the post.

It is nice when these upsets happen because on these online forums they slam people over a loss or if they show a weakness but anyone can improve and with dedication anything can be accomplished.

How often do you hear "this guy could never be champ" or "this guy will never or can never be top tier material".

I am sure a lot of people would have said TJ beating Barao by absolute destruction was completely impossible even on Barao's worst day. If goes to show guys improve and we should make a more conscious effort to focus on the positive and not count guys out.

That was inspirationial shit. Sucks to have one of your favorite fighter lose, though.

Guy's athletic as a mother-F, as well as being very well coordinated. He's always shown that. Not sure why you're painting him as some average dude just because he doesn't have a huge reach advantage

If they are loose, relaxed, and having fun. Dillashaw has no magic, God-given powers, he doesn't have a crazy reach advantage, he (had) nothing special about him. Out of nowhere he DECIDED to become elite, in his own mind, and he manifested his own destiny. Now he's basically a blonde Dominic Cruz. If he fights just like he did, every time he defends, the sky is the limit.

You're a moron. Also you're a perfect example of how anyone dumbass can post on forum. Congrats and keep on posting.

I should of never doubted him in his fight barao but he had one of the best performances in the octagon

I wish more people understood how talented even the most unremarkable of fighters are.

While I agree with the moral of your story. TJ has always been a great athlete. He was a stand out wrestler in high school.

Wow. Thanks for that inspirational post, TS. Because of you, I'm going to tryout for American Idol tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back