Dillashaw is the perfect example that ANYONE can be world class

okusa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If they are loose, relaxed, and having fun. Dillashaw has no magic, God-given powers, he doesn't have a crazy reach advantage, he (had) nothing special about him. Out of nowhere he DECIDED to become elite, in his own mind, and he manifested his own destiny. Now he's basically a blonde Dominic Cruz. If he fights just like he did, every time he defends, the sky is the limit.

anybody thats very athletic, driven, focused, intelligent, wise and dedicated. Arian Foster proved that ANYONE can be a world class running back.

TJ is very quick and has heavy hands, he's not an average joe by any stretch.

whatever buddy. Dillashaw has showed just as much technical striking ability in his last 3 fights as the highest level of strikers in the UFC.

anybody thats very athletic, driven, focused, intelligent, wise and dedicated. Arian Foster proved that ANYONE can be a world class running back.

I remember when Jones won the belt against Shogun he said something like, "This is proof that if you believe in yourself, you can do anything."

Yeah. If you're 6'4" with the wing span of a 7 footer and you're a genetic freak, sure.

No doubt Jones, TJ, and any other high level fighter has worked extremely hard to get where they are... but they also won the genetic lottery in one way or another.

to me TJ seemed an untapped talent ...
he's athletic, coordinated, has great reflexes and even power in the hands.

For some reasons (maybe called "stylistic mismatches") he didn't performed well in some bouts.

hard work and dedication baby
what you say is true
1609936_233562310167647_2275090807648554623_n.jpg

hard work, dedication, motivation, have heart, never give up.

Laughable that anyone can become world class...and completely untrue.

that isn't true; some people who no matter how hard they work will never be a champion. I doubt Chael Sonnen will ever be champion in the UFC and I'm sure there are few people who work as hard as he does.

I'm sorry, but the premise of this thread is garbage and total bs

TJ is very quick and has heavy hands, he's not an average joe by any stretch.

Add to that tremendous cardio and a very quick learner. Guys a natural athlete who also happens to work very hard at what he does.

Anyone? Well shit, I'm going to start training as a Cruz clone, you losers can look forward to seeing me as the champ in 3-4 years.

Well then that settles it TS. From henceforth I decide to be world class!

just because he is doesnt mean everyone can! Takes hard work dedication talent and luck!

yea i think the reality is people just dont value hard work and dedication as much as they should - plus hes an athlete who is well conditioned - forrest was similar in that regard - maybe not the most talented, but good luck outworking him and beating him - sherdoggers get wet for talent and even give credit to talent that doesnt work hard enough - never give credit to the opposite

TJ had clearly had an athleticism advantage over Barao, so I would say he is pretty naturally talented.

whatever buddy. Dillashaw has showed just as much technical striking ability in his last 3 fights as the highest level of strikers in the UFC.
He has certainly joined the ranks of the finest strikers in the lower weight classes, along with Eddie Wineland, Demetrious Johnson, Dominick Cruz and Cub Swanson.

Such a pleasure to watch.

"Ay, but thou talk'st as if thou wert a king."

"Why, so I am, in mind; and that's enough."

-Willie Shakes

Dillashaw decided he was a king.

Back