Difference Between Cormier and Jones...INTEGRITY and LOYALTY

Hilarious that you think either of these guys represent some moral standard.

not everyone deals with fame in a way that everyone can agree with,who gives a shit.

it comes to down to fighting ability,and jones and cormier both possess it.

such a whiny post. He's telling the truth and discussing what is common knowledge, not fighter bashing

Yeah, because talking about stuff that happens in 2009 has bearing to things that happen today. We don't know these fighters. We don't go home with them at the end of the day and we don't train with them either. Here we have two fighters in Jones vs DC who seem to be pretty decent human beings, seem to take care of their families, and for the most part stay out of trouble. These threads get tiresome. There is no other sport I've watched in which the fan base cares so much about an athletes personal life or personality more than about the talent they have.

You're bashing a man that you have never even met saying he's not loyal & has no integrity. Maybe he's loyal to his family... The people that actually love and support him.

They both have high fight IQ, tough to break them mentally, composed most times, this fight will be classic spoken for ages. :icon_chee

I really like DC, but his JJ's haters are making me root for JJ just to see their reaction. Anyway, it will be a great fight as both of them are amazing.

Its haters like you that make me root more and more for Jones...You simplified the stories to make them fit into your delusional views..

Find your chill, Black Fedor.

As an aside, at the end of the day, Jones/Evans never had to happen. Jones was the champion, Rashad was the CHALLENGER. For all you know, Jones meant that if the UFC AND RASHAD wanted the fight (since that's the only way it could have gone down), he would have to do it. He probably thought it went without saying, because he gave you and Evans too much respect.

Yeah, because talking about stuff that happens in 2009 has bearing to things that happen today. We don't know these fighters. We don't go home with them at the end of the day and we don't train with them either. Here we have two fighters in Jones vs DC who seem to be pretty decent human beings, seem to take care of their families, and for the most part stay out of trouble. These threads get tiresome. There is no other sport I've watched in which the fan base cares so much about an athletes personal life or personality more than about the talent they have.

Its a shame because an athletes personal life does matter, its horrible that our society doesn't know how to connect the two. We are in the most enlightened and superficial time in history. Caring solely about an athletes performance is idiotic. Ray Rice is a clear example ;/

There is a reason why people like Manny over Floyd.

Its funny that you have an Icon of Ali because its clear that he is remembered for his deeds OUTSIDE of the ring...His biggest fight was against the government resisting war... So yea.. A persons PERSONAL life should matter when factoring in whether they are a good athlete or not. We are humans first and foremost.

In the end they are both decent human beings but yea JBJ backstabbed his boy Rashad get over it!

This whole thing is fighter bashing..

Please dubs...

i don't think it is at all. he doesn't call him a "lying piece of trash" and so on. the language is measured and restrained. what's the big deal?

TS has a great point and everything he said is documented and true, far from fighter bashing but there will always be people whining when someone points things out. As Anderson Silva says "Is normal".

More and more I'm pulling for Jones after all this bullshit of "oh, he is fake", "he has no integrity", "I don't like his facial expression", blah blah blah, c'mon, grown up kid.

believe in dc's integrity and loyalty

In the end they are both decent human beings but yea JBJ backstabbed his boy Rashad!

Backstabbed Rashad, as well as the UFC. Jones was all about being this posterboy for the UFC, but in case you forgot I'll share 2 gems with you, paraphrasing here:

"I'd never do anything stupid like get a DUI."

"I'm the champion; I'll fight anyone the UFC wants me to fight, any place, any time."

Then he gets a god damn DUI and refuses to fight CHAEL MF'ING SONNEN who stepped in as a last minute fighter. Call it Greg Jackson brainwashing, call it being smart, call it being afraid -- I call it reneging like he's done whenever the hell he wants. I don't really follow the loyalty thing the TS was trying to say, but integrity? Dude nailed it.

DC got into the sport much older .Jon was younger and was real naive to the UFC and they pretty much put him in a once in a lifetime spot and probably hit him some crazy money

But didn't Jones fight Rashad after he was already the champ?

What was he supposed to do? Leave the belt because Rashad got in the UFC first? Why didn't Rashad move down?

I mean, if you think Jones is some disloyal guy cus he fought Rashad, so is Rashad disloyal also?

I agree with the sometimes fake image that he trows around, but can't say a guy is disloyal because he would fight the guy that three years ago he said he wouldn't. Things change, it's just how the game is...

But didn't Jones fight Rashad after he was already the champ?

What was he supposed to do? Leave the belt because Rashad got in the UFC first? Why didn't Rashad move down?

I mean, if you think Jones is some disloyal guy cus he fought Rashad, so is Rashad disloyal also?

I agree with the sometimes fake image that he trows around, but can't say a guy is disloyal because he would fight the guy that three years ago he said he wouldn't. Things change, it's just how the game is...

They both said they wouldnt fight until JJ changed his mind, after that deal was off. Later they fought.

Most of the people who have already replied are Morons,

Yes it is clearly obvious DC has more loyalty than JBJ.

I mean why is it bad to say that? Its not like these guys are our heros/leaders of the world for christ sake they fight in a ring.

Some of yall are really slow

Is this all necessary?
I really cant believe people care SOOOO much about Jon being fake. yea its normal to notice but to like make a fuss over it the way I see some people do.... okay yeah cool but can we just watch the fights and enjoy the skill? this isn't miss America. This is MMA.

From my point of view, integrity and loyalty defines a person. We got family, friends and live in a community (some of us). Some post on sherdog leaving no such time for that.
When people are being true, honest and trying to evolve in life, theres no such thing as rustled jiimies, buthurt, being the heel. Jones embraces this things, his fans like it, but the message sent just shows lack of confidence and truth in your character when interacting with other people. Theres no integrity there, just being the big man, the cool kid, the lone wolf. Cormier in that sense, can say stupid things, childish behavior sometimes, but he doesn't betray his principles. In a community we want trust, we need each other, Cormier in that sense, would be a good member.
In the interview with Ariel, Jones says his growing up,becoming mature, this coming from a guy with a family, it sounded like a kid. Then talks about his community sentence and how he discovered a new world were he can help people, c'mon at 27 he sounds like a car dealer selling a personality of a teenager trying to be a defined man. And on top of that, says his different, than says he shows how he is on his social media vids. Oh great Jon, it sounds better now. As a fighter, best in the world, as a person, i can't root for him, its nothing bad, its just cause he got no integrity and i hate people without that element. Even interacting with Cerrone on the embed, it seems so bad.

I will watch all of his fights, his great at that, its what i want to see. But i have my integrity to, i just don't root for him.

Back