Difference Between Cormier and Jones...INTEGRITY and LOYALTY

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by GSPSAKU, Jan 2, 2015.

1. GSPSAKU

GSPSAKU Brown Belt

As this fight comes closer and closer, I know we have all analyzed and predicted what will happen, how it will happen, and who the winner will be. On that note, I am rooting for DC yet I think Jones will likely win.

So why am I, along with a majority of the fighters and fans, rooting for DC instead of the P4P king and the best fighter today in Jon Jones? I guess it all boils down to how fake Jon Jones is and this term has been thrown around before Jones even became champ, FAKE. The thing that makes Jones fake is not just the image he tries to portray and tried to portray for 4+ years but I really think the root of the problem most have with Jon Jones is that we all know he's a man with little integrity and loyalty.

A person with integrity is one with high moral values and one who is honest. A loyal person is someone who gives their allegiance to someone or something and sticks with it through thick and thin. These two things are what separates Jones from Cormier and why most fans and fighters don't like Jones. Prime example below:

Remember back in 2009 when Jon Jones joined Jackson MMA, Rashad Evans had just lost the title to Lyoto Machida. Evans was the top dog at Jackson and he, along with Jackson MMA, took in Jon Jones and it was Evans who had to give the okay to bring Jon in. Evans took him in, treated him like a brother, and Jones admitted that much in several interviews post 2009. Jones, Evans, and Jackson all stated that they would never have teammates fighting one another and as Jones said "Rashad is like my older brother, I would never fight him." The end of 2011 came along, a mere 3 years later, and when asked if Jones would fight Evans, he said "well, if that is what the UFC wants, I will have to do it" breaking the bond and word he gave Evans and the whole Jackson camp when he first came there. We all know he would go on to defeat Evans.

Now look at Daniel Cormier. In 2009, Cormier joined AKA where Cain Valesquez was the rising UFC HW and on his way to becoming the UFC HW Champ. Cormier fought outside the UFC at HW for just over 3 years before joining the UFC. Much like Jones, Evans, and Jackson MMA, Cormier, Valesquez and AKA said that they would never have Cormier and Valesquez fight each other. Cormier came into the UFC as the StrikeForce Grand Prix HW Champion, having defeated two top 10 HWs in Barnett (who was on an 8 fight winning streak) and Bigfoot Silva who just defeated the great Fedor. Cormier came into the UFC and dominated Frank Mir and Roy Nelson and knew that he would have to face Valesquez if he continued on this path. Now Cormier is a fighter with a history of having problems making 211lbs let alone 205lbs yet Cormier kept his word, focused on reducing his weight, changing his eating habits and avoided chasing the HW crown so that he could drop to 205lbs, something he had not been able to do in well over a decade. Yet, Cormier was willing to do whatever he could to avoid fighting Valesquez, someone who Cormier credited to helping him get better, a friend and a brother in his life.

Cormier didn't turn around fight Valesquez as he made his way to the top the way Jones did to Evans and I think that speaks volumes of Cormier's integrity, loyalty, and character. Regardless of how great a fighter Jones is, he will never be an extremely popular fighter, he will never be Ali or Jordan-like with the fans simply because he has shown the fans and his fellow peers that he is a man without integrity nor loyalty. For all his greatness as a fighter, it is his flaws as a human being that turns fans against him and has his trainer begging him to "go win some fans".

2. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Danger Zone

This whole thing is fighter bashing..

Please dubs...

3. Human Bass

Human Bass Red Belt

TS, look for a vacuum cleaner, because there is a lot of sand in your vagina, really.

4. Degen Gambler

Degen Gambler Silver Belt

If he's being fake and you know he's being fake and he know's that you know he is being fake then is he actually being real with his fakeness?

5. SoberAwakening

SoberAwakening Black Belt

Wow, this is fighter bashing at its finest. You called the man's loyalty and integrity into question and you don't even really know him as a person...interesting.

6. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

Lol at Rashad giving Jackson the OK to bring in Jones.

When Sanchez told Jackson he didn't want GSP there did that stop Jackson? At that time Diego was the big dog at Jackson's.

7. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

And does anyone here think Cormier could beat Cain? That's probably why Cormier didn't chase the HWT strap.

8. Hespect Housey**

Hespect Housey** Green Belt

Ariel Helwani's shoe box on weekdays; Fallon Fox's
    Loyalty and integrity only have intrinsic stake where they could apply.

I don't know who said what, but if your account of their words is accurate, their resolve was based on shortening the opportunities for welfare in an individual sport that gives most people very little time during which to find success.

Wasting that window of time by encouraging what they did isn't great itself, so any promise being broken - that was based on it - isn't such a bad thing.

Recognize what sport you're in first and design rules for relationship with peers around that, not the other way around.

Most Jones haters are oversensitive, sanctimonious pussies on soapboxes.

This is one more example of that.

This too.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  9. MarloStanfield

MarloStanfield The Wild Colonial Boy

should he have not accepted the title fight when shad was injured?

10. ShoelessRye

ShoelessRye Gold Belt

Jones has loyalty to his family first and farmost. DC left possibly millions on the table, from his family, because of friendship to Cain. You call that loyalty, I call it utter stupidity. MMA is not a team sport.

DC and Cain fight and both make hundreds of thousands for the fight. If it's a good fight they make millions on a rematch. If they spar so hard with each other for free, why not get paid hundreds of thousands or millions to do it?

They're professional fighters. Hockey players play against their brothers, football players who were college and even pro teammates for years end up on different teams and hit each other as hard as they can to try and win the football game and then they're buddies still afterwards.

11. 7th

7th Silver Belt

such a whiny post. He's telling the truth and discussing what is common knowledge, not fighter bashing

12. ovbious

ovbious Brown Belt

Rashad got alpha'd by Jones, who did what every men should do.

This "loyalty and integrity" od not fighting people from our gym won't put food on their tables, ffs.

And I hate Jones just like 90% of Sherdog.

13. Vegesus44

Vegesus44 Black Belt

ib4 tldr.gif

14. BerserkPanda

BerserkPanda Hedgefund Double Yellow Card

Most of the people who have already replied are Morons,

Yes it is clearly obvious DC has more loyalty than JBJ.

I mean why is it bad to say that? Its not like these guys are our heros/leaders of the world for christ sake they fight in a ring.

Some of yall are really slow if you haven't figured out JBJ backstabbed his boy to get to the top :icon_lol:
    The truth hurts deal with it.

15. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Danger Zone

He's convinced himself he can have his loyalty to the team and get the belt.. That's why if he loses to Jones he has really screwed himself big time..

16. Lacet

Lacet Green Belt

I dont think he is fake. He's not a nice person, does not behave well, is not polite, is not a good example at all. But that is him. You probably don't like him because he has a ton of issues, but he's not fake at all. That is the way he is

17. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

unbelievable people DC is this great guy and Jones is just some chump

Jones is a great guy and champ, I used to detest him, now I'm a huge fan

18. TeamDuffee

TeamDuffee Blue Belt

Cormier has a much better shot of defeating Jones than he does of ever besting Cain. So it was a good decision.

19. kingskot

kingskot Brown Belt

The amount of 10 paragraph long butthurt posts leading up to this fight is amazballs. More than enough to make me pull for Jones.

20. MMAProfessional

MMAProfessional Golden Belt

Jon just wants to be the best. He puts friendships aside and fights. I don't see how he can't be respected for not being an emotional puss