diet analysis: implications for gfh

cockysprinter

Purple Belt
Reaction score
alright for nutrition class we are doing a diet analysis. i was pretty surprised at the results. i consume roughly 3600 calories, and through sheer volume of food im sure, was only consistently deficient in vitamin D, vitamin E, and magnesium. at some point or another i was deficient in vitamin A, C, and potassium. on the other hand, i regularaly consumed supposedly toxic doses of niacin, calcium, iron, and zinc. it makes me wonder about the usefulness of supplementing multivitamins. i did all of this through a diet that has no real fruits or vegetables (strawberry yogurt and supreme pizzas). fat levels were a concern, and sometimes dietary fiber. so if youre trying to gfh, you might want to keep an eye on a few things:

-fat levels (stay under 30% of calories
-vitamin and mineral upper limits
-a few possible deficiencies

it turns out i did the assignment too early, and im going to do it again, hopefully with better results.

Good stuff.

On a sidenote: I know this is more of a body builder thing, but really oneshould always keep a written tab of what one eats. If nothing else things like: Calories, fat, carbs, dietary fiber, and protien. I know I was suprised in the same way you were when I started doing this. Vitamins and such would be a good addition to the list.

its hard to do vitamins and minerals, i have a peogram that does it for me.

We had to do something like that for my health class. We used the site www.fitday.com, and it made the whole process easier.

cocky- wat program ? man fitday bored the shit outa me , kept tellin me i was like 2000 calories too little and not eating enough , and i ended up overeatin and gettin a fukin stomach problem . fuck fitday.com !

HULKAMANIA said:
We had to do something like that for my health class. We used the site www.fitday.com, and it made the whole process easier.

that looks like a decent site. you can also try http://209.48.219.53
the program i use came on a cd-rom with my book so most of you wont be able to use it. i dont like the website i posted as much as the program though.

Sean S said:
Good stuff.

On a sidenote: I know this is more of a body builder thing, but really oneshould always keep a written tab of what one eats. If nothing else things like: Calories, fat, carbs, dietary fiber, and protien. I know I was suprised in the same way you were when I started doing this. Vitamins and such would be a good addition to the list.

I consider this an athlete thing, Sean.

If it's not too metro for Lance Armstrong, it's not too metro for me.

cockysprinter said:
that looks like a decent site. you can also try http://209.48.219.53
the program i use came on a cd-rom with my book so most of you wont be able to use it. i dont like the website i posted as much as the program though.

Well, what's the book/CD-Rom? I don't like to fuck around with the bestsellers, I like to learn from textbooks. And they're all affordable on Half.com, especially if you buy just one edition back (since they print a new edition of just about everything every few years to rake in more cash, even the science textbook's I get aren't out of date).

the book is called 'nutrition: concepts and controversies.' its tenth edition. minr came with a cd called 'diet analysis' version 6.1. dont get the 7.x cd, it has fatal flaws in it.

Back