1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

diet analysis: implications for gfh

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by cockysprinter, Nov 3, 2005.

1. cockysprinter

cockysprinter Purple Belt

alright for nutrition class we are doing a diet analysis. i was pretty surprised at the results. i consume roughly 3600 calories, and through sheer volume of food im sure, was only consistently deficient in vitamin D, vitamin E, and magnesium. at some point or another i was deficient in vitamin A, C, and potassium. on the other hand, i regularaly consumed supposedly toxic doses of niacin, calcium, iron, and zinc. it makes me wonder about the usefulness of supplementing multivitamins. i did all of this through a diet that has no real fruits or vegetables (strawberry yogurt and supreme pizzas). fat levels were a concern, and sometimes dietary fiber. so if youre trying to gfh, you might want to keep an eye on a few things:

-fat levels (stay under 30% of calories
    -vitamin and mineral upper limits
    -a few possible deficiencies

it turns out i did the assignment too early, and im going to do it again, hopefully with better results.

2. Sean S

Sean S Brown Belt

Good stuff.

On a sidenote: I know this is more of a body builder thing, but really oneshould always keep a written tab of what one eats. If nothing else things like: Calories, fat, carbs, dietary fiber, and protien. I know I was suprised in the same way you were when I started doing this. Vitamins and such would be a good addition to the list.

3. cockysprinter

its hard to do vitamins and minerals, i have a peogram that does it for me.

4. HULKAMANIA

HULKAMANIA Blue Belt

We had to do something like that for my health class. We used the site www.fitday.com, and it made the whole process easier.

5. Brendon Katz

Brendon Katz Brown Belt Professional Fighter

cocky- wat program ? man fitday bored the shit outa me , kept tellin me i was like 2000 calories too little and not eating enough , and i ended up overeatin and gettin a fukin stomach problem . fuck fitday.com !

6. cockysprinter

that looks like a decent site. you can also try http://209.48.219.53
    the program i use came on a cd-rom with my book so most of you wont be able to use it. i dont like the website i posted as much as the program though.

7. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

I consider this an athlete thing, Sean.

If it's not too metro for Lance Armstrong, it's not too metro for me.

8. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

Well, what's the book/CD-Rom? I don't like to fuck around with the bestsellers, I like to learn from textbooks. And they're all affordable on Half.com, especially if you buy just one edition back (since they print a new edition of just about everything every few years to rake in more cash, even the science textbook's I get aren't out of date).

9. cockysprinter

the book is called 'nutrition: concepts and controversies.' its tenth edition. minr came with a cd called 'diet analysis' version 6.1. dont get the 7.x cd, it has fatal flaws in it.