Diego Nunes leaves Nova Uniao camp because of conflict of interest with Jose Aldo

They had already said a long time ago that they would fight even if apart of the same camp.

consider that if Rory Mac defeats GSP, GSP could lose millions of dollars.

That would be GSP's fault for not being the better fighter then. I know it's important to have a good team around you, but at the end of the day it's still a 1 on 1 sport and the minute you forget that then you're doing damage to your own career.

Hmm, Nunes needs to win a few in a row first before worrying about this.

Makes sense, it would suck to want to be champ but noone else in your camp wants you to be. That said, he'll neve get a title shot anyways.

GSP is wealthy as HELL.It's sad how GSP benefits and Rory has to eat crow in this 'relationship'.
Who's forcing Rory to do what he's doing now? Do you hear Rory complaining? What's with all these people that get proxy-offended when the actual guys involved aren't complaining.

Rory is building up his name and will make more money. He's also thinking about moving to MW.

Furthermore Rory has of course sparred with GSP many times and if he realizes that his chances of beating GSP are slim then it's just idiotic to leave if he's happy with the rest. After all, GSP supported him quite heavily when he first came to Tristar. I'd be pretty thankful if the world champ goes out of his way to drive me to and from trainings, not to mention everything you learn in training from such guys.

Aldo would eat Nunes' lunch. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I mean that's cool and good for him, but he won't be getting a title shot anytime soon. There's a bunch of people in front of him.

He's never going to get a title shot, so all he's doing is costing himself a camp

I mean that's cool and good for him, but he won't be getting a title shot anytime soon. There's a bunch of people in front of him.

Are there now? He just brutalized Palaszewski in his last fight and prior to that, lost a razor-thin decision against Siver.

With the way injuries have been plaguing the roster as of late, Nunes could very well be 2-3 fights away from a title shot. They could even market it as two former team mates turned rivals, who knows?

I'm not saying he'd have a great chance against Aldo but he's a solid contender.

Don't bother burning bridges Diego, you aren't top 5 material anyway. Save the friendships you have buddy.

old news...he's been with Black House for a while now

I still believe Nunes is one of the best 145 fighters in the UFC. His 2 losses in the UFC are to bigger fighters who used to be at LW (Kenflo and Siver), and he really hasn't had a bad loss in his career. Hope this would be a good decision for him

Nunes lost to Florian and Siver I don't really think he is close to a title shot

I felt this was only a matter of time. I see it happening with more camps in the future. The friends don't want to fight friends will be a thing of the past in the future

I love that nunez is doing this. shows Alot of confidence in himself. does suck tho that he is leaving such a good camp.

Agreed. This is a perfect example of a confident fighter creating a better situation for himself so that he may become champion, and this move makes it evident he WANTS to become champion at all costs.

Nu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back