Diego Lopes or Khamzat Chimaev: Who do you think is gonna be champ first?

DanDragon Machi

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Both has practically the same age and are pretty close to a title shot. Who has the toughest road?

Comparing the weighclasses level:

Holloway> Whittaker
Topuria > Dricus
Volkanovski > Strickland
Sterling < Adesanya
Evloev < Borralho

Diego fights much more frequently and it's can be decisive

Both has practically the same age and are pretty close to a title shot. Who has the toughest road?

Comparing the weighclasses level:

Holloway> Whittaker
Topuria > Dricus
Volkanovski > Strickland
Sterling < Adesanya
Evloev < Borralho

Diego fights much more frequently and it's can be decisive
I think Khamzat is more talented, but to paraphrase Kimbo Slice, Khamzat's enemy is da inna me, and until he can defeat that, he'll never be champ.

Ps I want to see someone rock a Diego Lopes mullet with a Khamzat beard

Khamzat seems like he's on track for a late bloom glow up . Diego Lopes seems like this is his peak.

Both are good but I don't think either will win the belt. Mayyybe Lopes if he outlasts Topuria, Holloway and Volk. Even then, Movsar as boring as he is, is still a bad matchup for Lopes.

Khamzat is too self destructive to become champ. Dude just cracks in the spotlight. Besides, Whittaker is whopping that ass.

I don't think Lopes becomes a champ.
He is the peoples champ but he I don't think he beats Max, Volk or Topuria.

Chimaev could potentially take advantage of a weaker division.. being 185 or 170

This is kind of retarded thread.

Lopes is behind the line of Movsar vs Sterling plus Lopes can´t beat Movsar, Sterling and Topuria just a bad match up. Styles makes fight he can´t go up against elite MMA wrestlers.

Where as Khamzat is the favorite against both Whittaker and DDP he is not like in a Lopes situation he matches up both well with

I do not believe Khamzat Chimaev will ever fight in the UFC. He will pull out of this upcoming fight and be cut.

He never gave an explanation for his last pull out......his camp indicated that he had multiple issues. Something is wrong with Khamzat....not sure if it is physical or mental but I doubt he makes his upcoming fight.

Last edited:
Khamzat because defeating Whittaker in a 3 round fight with home advantage is easier than beating Volkanovski in a 5 round fight without home advantage. And Topuria has been more dominant than DDP.

Back