Didn't see anything wrong vs Hooker

I only saw the last few seconds of the fight

I could hear the commentators saying how the fight should be stopped.

But he was walking towards Barboza, he was even throwing a few punches

You only watched the last seconds of the fight and somehow believe you know enough to judge the stoppage. GTFO.

Hooker took in an insane amount of damage and it could have been stopped earlier.

commentators have been soccer moms for the past 3 years.

It was gross watching him take those kicks to the body. He could have already had a broken rib.

Me the whole fight:

giphy.gif

Guy probably lost years off his life...Hooker also told the doctor the year was "2019" no clue why the corner didn't stop that...

Last edited:

IDK about this. I don't think the ref did anything wrong but had he stopped it sooner that would have been acceptable too. The key point to this was that it was body shots (sure he took some head shots) but the body shots did the most damage. I think at that point in the fight the best scenario is for the corner to throw in the towel. Barbosa remains one of the most dangerous strikers on the planet...if i was a striker there's no way i would go out of my way to face him. Theres a reason most of his last few fights have been against grapplers...nobody else wants to fight the guy.

I heard that to I was like wtf did I just hear?

I thought I was fucking tripping, I guess I wasn't but I thought they would stop it if dude can't even tell you what year it is. That's fucked up honestly, it means he was very likely already concussed at that point. I'm glad for his sake Barboza mercifully went to the body for the finish.

I also don't think the commentators should be as explicit as they were

I agree that the stoppage was perfect. Look just because someone is hurt doesn’t mean he’s done. There have been too many early stoppages as of late,m.
The commentators make it sound worse as well, look much respect to DC, but people shouldn’t call it just because he is screaming “He’s done He’s done!”...that’s some Rogan level shit.
Like “oh that submission is locked in!” When it never is...

Hooker is a tough SOB and went out on his shield like a warrior. I’m sure that’s how he would have wanted it and robbing him of that chance to fight would have been terrible.

Then why did you make this thread? Hooker took a bigger beating in that fight than most MMA fighters will ever take in their whole careers.

2nd round corner of Hooker:

Doctor asking Hooker: "What year is it?!"
Hooker: "2019"
Doctor: "You're good to go!"

pretty fucking scary.
Yea as if all those liver shots were affecting his brain lol

I didn't even read the thread yet so don't shoot if it was already said. I watched this fight with a few casuals. Every time I thought he was going down he just kept walking forward and throwing back. I've seen drunk guys get less beatings. That was crazy. All the respect in the world to that guy. He literally fought until a small breeze crumpled him and he just couldn't stand anymore. I told my boy barboza has crazy kicks. He didn't believe me until the fight. Then he wanted to know how bad those kicks were so I showed him half speed. Went down like he got shit first kick. I was like yeah that dude just took about 30 more of those but full strength right to the ribs. Barboza is fucking scary lol

I thought I was fucking tripping, I guess I wasn't but I thought they would stop it if dude can't even tell you what year it is. That's fucked up honestly, it means he was very likely already concussed at that point. I'm glad for his sake Barboza mercifully went to the body for the finish.

Yeah, I was thinking he did that purposefully too.

The last high spinning hook kick that Barboza threw (and missed thankfully) could have killed Hooker as he did not have his hands up.

Well outside of the fact that he is a walking punching bag, he was doig great.

I don't think walking forward hoping to be cleaned out so you can go out on your shield is intelligently defending yourself. Even if you are on your feet. I like the hangman but his weaknesses in defense were highlighted big time

It was a career-shortening fight guaranteed. His toughness had him standing on at least 1, maybe 2 severely damaged legs, somehow staying upright despite probably being in shock from vicious liver shots, AND being out on his feet from eating several hard punches. Dude was absolutely battered.

Didn't see anything wrong vs Hooker

432507.jpg

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Yeah, I was thinking he did that purposefully too.

The last high spinning hook kick that Barboza threw (and missed thankfully) could have killed Hooker as he did not have his hands up.

Yeah, this was one of the only MMA fights I ever saw where I legitimately thought someone might die. Hooker is too tough for his own good.

Back