Didn't see anything wrong vs Hooker

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I only saw the last few seconds of the fight

I could hear the commentators saying how the fight should be stopped.

But he was walking towards Barboza, he was even throwing a few punches

Hooker took a beating that made what Lawler put McDonald through look tame.

At some point refs and doctors have to step in if for no other reason than to make sure a fighter doesn't die, and this was one of those times. Lord knows nobody in the corner will do it.

Hooker was being too tough for his own good. A savage in his own right but the amount of damage he was taking was unreal. Especially with those few spinning-back kicks to the body at the end I'm shocked Hooker lasted as long as he did.

Fight should have been stopped way earlier.

I'm a Just Bleed Guy, but he was done.

Still haven't seen the fight. Fan of both guy's. I was hoping Dan could do it, and do the passing of the torch thing, but Edson is a freaking beast. Can't wait to watch this.

Fight should have been stopped way earlier.

I'm a Just Bleed Guy, but he was done.

I love brutality and finishes as much as anybody but if we're being honest with ourselves it's fights like this that get MMA banned in certain states and nations. As fans, it's actually in our best interest for this sort of massacre to get put to rest ASAP.

He may need an organ donor or 2 after that fight! One of the most brutal body assaults in UFC history.

I only saw the last few seconds of the fight

I could hear the commentators saying how the fight should be stopped.

But he was walking towards Barboza, he was even throwing a few punches
Like you said, you didn't see the whole fight.

I keep hearing that the Ref is suppose to look out for fighter safety. It didn't look that way last night. Should have been stopped in the last round when the Hooker was dead on his feet. Took way too much punishment IMO....

I was just commenting on how terrible MMA refs and corners are at protecting the fighters maybe 3 weeks ago, and now comes another disgusting example of it. But once again, media is silent, commission is doing fuck all about it..

In legit Boxing, Muay Thai competition, this would have been stopped much sooner, that’s guaranteed. MMA is plagued by dangerous incompetence. Random idiots like Edmund training world champions, corrupt fools like Herb reffing the biggest fights..

Someone is going to die or end up a vegetable before something is done.

I love brutality and finishes as much as anybody but if we're being honest with ourselves it's fights like this that get MMA banned in certain states and nations. As fans, it's actually in our best interest for this sort of massacre to get put to rest ASAP.

Agreed. 3rd round wasn't fun to watch, either. The result was clear.

2nd round corner of Hooker:

Doctor asking Hooker: "What year is it?!"
Hooker: "2019"
Doctor: "You're good to go!"

pretty fucking scary.

I keep hearing that the Ref is suppose to look out for fighter safety. It didn't look that way last night. Should have been stopped in the last round when the Hooker was dead on his feet. Took way too much punishment IMO....
Corners should be worried about the fighter's safety. Refs should be worried about if someone is conscious and able to defend. If a doctor evaluates him (like the doctor did) the doctor should stop it for an immediate medical concern (but didnt)

Dude was hurt repeatedly, and badly. His hands were low to protect against more body shots and he fights with his hands low anyway. He threw back at Edson to the last second, and Edson's chin is questionable, was still getting knocked back even by Hooker's 'injured' punches.

Acting like him being hurt means he couldn't possibly win seems to ignore Scott Smith which, if any of you are denying any chance of that happening last night, are out of your minds. Even if Hooker probably is suffering right now

Too tough for his own good

That corner of his should hang their heads in SHAME

2nd round corner of Hooker:

Doctor asking Hooker: "What year is it?!"
Hooker: "2019"
Doctor: "You're good to go!"

pretty fucking scary.
I heard that to I was like wtf did I just hear?

Back