• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you think GSP would only fight once more when he retired at age 32?

A fighter’s age doesn’t tell the whole story, Condit was burned out as well at a young age after so many years of brutal fights and injuries. Gsp had a lot of fights on him, more than 40 year old DC. Randy , Vitor and Hendo looked phenomenal because of TRT. It was legal at the time. Randy and Dc picked up mma in their 30’s as well...imo mileage is more relevant than age.

A fighter’s age doesn’t tell the whole story, Condit was burned out as well at a young age after so many years of brutal fights and injuries. Gsp had a lot of fights on him, more than 40 year old DC. Randy , Vitor and Hendo looked phenomenal because of TRT. It was legal at the time. Randy and Dc picked up mma in their 30’s as well...imo mileage is more relevant than age.
Condit wasn't burned out that's just what his fanboys say who don't understand the sport. Usada changed the sport. Some people stayed on like Condit and Barao and are a shell of themselves. Some people left UFC (retired or went to other organizations). GSP never came back except to fight a broken Bisping. GSP is very smart, the sport was starting to catch up with him. Everybody knew he lost to Hendricks including him that night.

Condit wasn't burned out that's just what his fanboys say who don't understand the sport. Usada changed the sport. Some people stayed on like Condit and Barao and are a shell of themselves. Some people left UFC (retired or went to other organizations). GSP never came back except to fight a broken Bisping. GSP is very smart, the sport was starting to catch up with him. Everybody knew he lost to Hendricks including him that night.
PREACH!
37b43dd0-6670-4e0d-892f-24c45370dc58-png.529409

Do you have a rebuttal to my argument or are you gonna just change the subject like you are doing right now?
That is the rebuttal moron. You're hatred blinds you into a closed minded rage. You obviously have mental problems. You take this stuff way too serious and probably need to find something real in life to discover and pursue.

Agreed on Gsp getting his ass kicked by Hendricks and being very smart. But nothing will make me change my mind on fighters going downhill due to tear and wear from training, fights, injuries, etc. 43 fights are a fuckload of fights (Condit). He’s been on a decline for a few years now.

Agreed on Gsp getting his ass kicked by Hendricks and being very smart. But nothing will make me change my mind on fighters going downhill due to tear and wear from training, fights, injuries, etc. 43 fights are a fuckload of fights (Condit). He’s been on a decline for a few years now.
I think damage/wear and tear had something to do with it. We can disagree. I loved Condit, his fights were awesome. He had the obvious hole in his game (wrestling) but so what. When he fought Maia I felt bad for the guy. His fights are hard to watch now. It's really sad.

Fedor and Anderson's legacys are now tarnished because they kept fighting and got their asses beat a bunch of times. GSP is the real goat, son.

Yeah if I ignored the injuries and him talking about retirement prior.

Another shit Toner thread

And then the other fans recognize the fact that he left when Hendricks and Robby were at their best and strong wrestlers were coming into the game. He was bound to lose more than once and it would not have been due to “mileage.” He was very calculated in leaving when he did.
Exactly, and now we reward this by pretending it never happened?

in 2016 Fedor was still ahead in the GOAT polls, so because GSP beat Bisping he's the GOAT now? it's insane and just shows how manipulated the fans are.

GSP retired during his prime because he felt the evolution of the WW division passing him.

GSP would have lost/gotten destroyed countless more times if he fought 17 more times like Silva and Fedor did

He fought less times but still have way more top 5 wins than both of them. Who cares about beating bums? Only you cares about that.

Not really because he was talking about headaches. If you are getting headaches its time to hang em up.

If anything i was surprised he came back at all.

A broken bisping on the best win streak of his career and ranked top 3 MW by ALL mma media (ranked number 1 by most).

Never thought he would fight again after beating Hendricks. But I'm sure glad he took the time to come back and beat a guy who beat the likes of Dan Henderson and Anderson Silva. War GSP! #Legacy

Salty people salty they didn’t get to see gsp go on a losing streak like their declining heroes....so much salt, is normal!

GSP fought tougher oppositon but wasn't always as dominant, while Silva fought less good competition and looked more dominant.
It evens itself pretty much out, but i'll always go for the fighter who fights better opponents.
All this being said, acting like getting your sh*t pushed in (because you fight when you shouldn't be fighting at that level anymore had) has nothing to do with being a "true fighter" and is actually quite sad.

A broken bisping on the best win streak of his career and ranked top 3 MW by ALL mma media (ranked number 1 by most).
Ranked top 3 MW by ALL mma media(ranked number 1 by most)....He was ranked pretty high but I don't think anybody thought he was the best fighter in the division, ever. Not anybody who knows anything about MMA. Anyways, if he was so great why did he lose to a WW and then get KO'd by Gastelum also. Gastelum was about #8 at the time. Did you ever think the rankings could have been wrong? Remember, Rockhold was a very heavy favorite to beat Bisping in the rematch and lost. Bisping was probably the 5th best MW at the time.

GSP came back and had a total of 1 fight during the USADA era where he was gassing before finally catching a broken chinned one eyed Ping. GSP only fought a total of 1 time during the USADA era.

Actions speak louder than words

He subjected himself to higher testing before he left

Back