Did You Enjoy the Bellator PPV

I liked the fights. I hated a lot of the format. The lag between fights was excruciating.

the fights were pretty decent, the main event sucked tho, but the aftermath made up for it...

Think the numbers on the poll are messed up. I went 5 but I dont agree with it being that close to average but I dont think it was a 6 and that close to best PPV ever.

Think you needed more spots on that poll. The fights I'd say 7-8 out of 10, I enjoyed them minus the main event.

If you add in the rest of the stuff, pacing, the Mo/Rampage stuff then it brings the overall card down but I'm judging just on the fights and I enjoyed them.

it wasn't that bad. Brooks/Chandler was solid, was glad to see Tito get it done, Page looked awesome as usual and the main event was average. average card.

Last edited:

Certainly the most memorable MMA pay-per-view of the year, if not the best. But the molasses-slow pace for the first few fights puts a 6 just out of reach.

7, Best PPV I have ever seen.

I thought it was a solid 5/7. Pretty exciting fights and a bit above average overall. Page continues his ascension, Brooks breaks into the elite, Tito and Rampage get wins, Volkov on his way to another fight vs Minakov, etc....good night setting up future fights.

The level of butthurt from Shertards in the aftermath is 7/7, though. Everything from whining about post-fight celebrations to coming up with conspiracy theories on fixed fights.

People going full retard up in here tonight.

Enjoyed the sherdog forum's commentary.

I thought it was a solid 5/7. Pretty exciting fights and a bit above average overall. Page continues his ascension, Brooks breaks into the elite, Tito and Rampage get wins, Volkov on his way to another fight vs Minakov, etc....good night setting up future fights.

The level of butthurt from Shertards in the aftermath is 7/7, though. Everything from whining about post-fight celebrations to coming up with conspiracy theories on fixed fights.

People going full retard up in here tonight.

see below for a great example

7, Best PPV I have ever seen.

just wow.

I gave it a 3. It would have a much much higher score had there not beein 2 hours of down time between fights.

The fights themselves were okay. First two rounds of chandlers fight were horrendous, in part because (before the result of the fight) Brooks was a relative nobody and a huge underdog.

Slightly above average.

Being the number 2 org in a sport that has had so many promotions die..and it's first PPV people focus on the wrong things(and i'm not referring to the legit complaints and jokes about the down time between fights) and don't give the content it's due justice. It was a solid card.

I ordered the show but was by myself since apparently nobody i know cares about even UFC anymore, let alone Bellator. So, i decided to hang out in the show thread, and it was pretty much 80 percent armchair promoting..people weren't treating it like a fight card.

My only real complaint was so many stretches without action...i mean, i wouldn't have died if i had to watch Held-Jolly or Guerrero-Shah again.

Last edited:
The undercard and preliminaries were more enjoyable than the two last fights

I was entertained

I was shocked

I laughed

I cheered tons for Ill Will

It helped make some new starts and helped get some old ones over and was a very good card

I was entertained simply because it was such a train wreck overall. Brooks/Chandler was great and surprising, but Tito/Shlemenko had a circus type, retro feel to it. The promos, presentation, interviews and outright stalling was mind numbing. The first two fights were just kinda there to me. It was definitely memorable, but overall, quite meh.

Back