Did You Enjoy the Bellator PPV

I voted 4 because I thought the fights were all pretty good, even if the main event was crap. The only part that I really felt was a let-down was the pacing, e.g. dragging out 5 fights over 3 hours. But, overall, it was not bad for a promotion's first PPV.

better than average and better than I think most people expected.

Also it seems like more people watched it than I thought though most of that may be from illegal sources it does show that people had interest in the event.

If the UFC did a PPV headlined with two unranked fighters people would trash it (a PPV, not a free fight night card...)

This would have been a decent card about 10 years ago. Lets be honest the card was carried by Rampage and Tito. Rampage was in his prime about 7 years ago and Tito was in his prime about 13 years ago. Only for bellator could this crap card be considered halfway decent.

So then there are the actual fights. (I only saw the last 3)

Main event was HORRIBLE. Literally one of the worst pro fights I have ever seen.

Co Main was a decent fight but a huge let down with Eddie pulling out if the fight.

Tito fight was a freakshow... And as a freakshow fight it most certainly delivered.

The production was awful, the pacing was pitiful, and on multiple occasions one of the organization's most well known fighter was on camera calling the organization's CEO a "dickrider" and a "dick riding ass"....

PPV numbers will be interesting but most are guessing under 100k.

For a major MMA organization that should add up to a total failure, for the UFC that would be an absolute embarassment. The fact that people are even rating it as an average PPV seems to indicate incredibly low standards.

I liked the fights. I hated a lot of the format. The lag between fights was excruciating.

Yup, noticed that too, the wait between fights was horrendous and the MO/Rampage stuff was very laughable.

the gaps between the fights were ridiculous

Pretty solid PPV, some good fights. Only downside was the bummer main event, but it wasn't a terrible fight.

Michael Page was awesome

HW fight delivered big imo

Tito impressed

Brooks/Chandler was a nice back n forth war

Page/Mo was lame but the beef made it a little better.

If the UFC did a PPV headlined with two unranked fighters people would trash it (a PPV, not a free fight night card...)

This would have been a decent card about 10 years ago. Lets be honest the card was carried by Rampage and Tito. Rampage was in his prime about 7 years ago and Tito was in his prime about 13 years ago. Only for bellator could this crap card be considered halfway decent.

So then there are the actual fights. (I only saw the last 3)

Main event was HORRIBLE. Literally one of the worst pro fights I have ever seen.

Co Main was a decent fight but a huge let down with Eddie pulling out if the fight.

Tito fight was a freakshow... And as a freakshow fight it most certainly delivered.

The production was awful, the pacing was pitiful, and on multiple occasions one of the organization's most well known fighter was on camera calling the organization's CEO a "dickrider" and a "dick riding ass"....

PPV numbers will be interesting but most are guessing under 100k.

For a major MMA organization that should add up to a total failure, for the UFC that would be an absolute embarassment. The fact that people are even rating it as an average PPV seems to indicate incredibly low standards.

Well ya because the UFC has a lot of big name ranked fighters to work with, not to mention the event was originally supposed to be headlined by 2 ranked fights. I think Bellator worked with what they had and did ok, I enjoyed the card.

I voted 4, but came here to thank those who voted 7 and/or said "Greatest PPV ever". Comedy gold, imo. :)

*edit*

Also, I took two benzos at the end of the prelims and saw everything up until round two of Rampage/Mo, then woke up just in time to see Rampage win the decision and Mo get irate. From what people are saying, it sounds like I spent that time wisely.

It was pretty much equal to your average UFC PPV. I did think it had more of a professional wrestling feel to it with the interviews and the conflicts. Some of the judging seemed a bit questionable.

I loved it, thought there was to much time between fights, but loved all 5 fights. I was rooting for Mo and Chandler to, so the fact I was still able to enjoy it is impressive.

Fights were good, but didn't like how there would be a long break in between fights.

I gave it a 5 I almost went 6. I was really looking forward to the card and the fights were fine. I was disiponted this the Tito fight and the main event. The main negitive thing for me was it seemed like they took a really long time between fights.

Had to stay up till fucking 6am to watch the fights. SO MUCH WAITING AND PROMOS.

I was happy for Tito and was impressed by Michael Page.

Voted 5. The wait didn't bother me too much on the west coast; I think it finished 10:30pm or near 11pm. Also I was working on homework so it was the perfect distraction, just something in the background.

Tito, Mo, and Rampage all have storylines to keep it going, so they'll figure out an angle. Not sure what they'll do with Chandler beaten. Maybe they'll still do the trilogy. It was pretty close so I don't agree with Chandler going through another tournament.

I gave it a 5, better than average, definitely enjoyable. Although the lag contributed to how drunk I was by the end, when I got up it took me a while to remember who won between Rampage and Mo.

I enjoyed it. Gave it a 5.

Thought Bellator did a good job considering it was their first PPV, and they lost some star power along the way.

(...) Lets be honest the card was carried by Rampage and Tito. Rampage was in his prime about 7 years ago and Tito was in his prime about 13 years ago. Only for bellator could this crap card be considered halfway decent.

talk for yourself. for me the card was carried by Volkov, Schlemenko, Chandler and the prospect Michael Page. if you're a UFC fanboy, fine, but don't expect everybody to tag along.

Back