Did UFC ever try to sign Ivan Emelianenko?

Lol that fragile fuck can only beat dudes who are stuck in pre-puberty. Dude cant KO an old man with a sucker punch and breaks his own leg because of how fragile he is.

I love judo and because of that, I started training sambo because judo in modern times is different while sambo has that authentic moves in judo. In training sambo, I learned a great deal about the Soviet Union. They are vicious human beings and only the strong literally survives. Fist fights are abundant and bullies are utterly sociopathic to the core.

Because of knowing this + reading Fedors book, I cant imagine an alternative lifestyle for Ivan besides getting in boxing if not Sambo/MMA. That part of the world requires you to be either in a gang, military or sambo/sport team or some form of activity. Its a dangerous part of town and truth is, dangerous societies does breed violence which leads to anger problems which needs to be exercised through an activity. Hell even Ballet dancing in Soviet Union is vicious ( dead serious) training that requires perfection and symmetric muscle development.

One of the original founders of sambo talked about this and before he was falsely accused of being a Japanese spy, he wanted everybody to learn sambo. He even made sure women were extremely well trained and capable:

Addressing your last point, not giving a shit makes no sense to me because of not just everything I mentioned but because he is most vulnerable because he is Fedors brother and he is more prone to getting fucked. In western world, you might admire someone being related to a famous person but over there, they are going to challenge him and tear him down to build themselves up. I have experience in Middle Eastern and Eastern European culture and they are not exactly " don't worry, be happy" type folks.

Yes, some parts of the world grow up harder than others, but there are mentally weak people from third world countries, and mentally strong people from 1st world ones, genetics play a huge role

As far as his interests, again, genetics, most people are not obsessed with fighting like us lol. I’m sure he knows enough to defend himself, but that’s different from competing.

I get if this was a regular family but he is related to freaking Fedor!

But aside from that, I read Fedors book and he grew up in a situation that there was nothing else to do. Either train sambo or sit at home at stare at the wall. When he was a kid, he was still in the Soviet Union era and was living in bad condition in terms of not having anything to do.

Now the reason I am dumbfounded with Ivan is, even if you don't want to become a fighter, there is no alternative lifestyle that allows him to get out of the house besides training and competing in sambo which he did. Its not like he is going to go to a night club or a house party. That and I briefly grew up in those type of culture and although there is no racism, there is still classism in a sense of poor people are treated like race victims.

In Emelianko situation, they were poor and poor people were not desired by socialite. This was in his book and he said it gave him determination to fight. Not because he was going to be a rich famous fighter but because sambo was about giving him a dignified identity as a human being. When he was training, there was no UFC or Pride and so it wasn't like he wanted to be an MMA fighter.

Anyways I am rambling but after reading his book, Ivan not wanting to pursue sambo at the very least is still an odd thing. That and I train in judo/sambo and my teacher who was from the Soviet Union talked about the importance of Sambo. Knowing it is a form of protection not because your some martial arts action star who can fight 50 people but because you are part of a community and you have to keep safe from random attackers or hoodlums.

I mean running makes sense. Same thing with swimming. The thing is, sambo and judo have diverse techniques that cater to different genetics. Some folks are explosive athletes and some are more strength, endurance and can drag you to the mat. Some are tall and use leverage and others are short and can use different grips.

With running its very specific and specific genetics tend to be prevail. With sambo and MMA, it allows different body types to prevail because it has more diversity in how much a human body can move.

Thanks for the post, I see what your saying now. Did you live in Russia for a bit? Sambo from a Russian teacher is ideal. I remember the first time I heard of Sambo was in an early UFC by the name of Oleg Taktarov...probably spelled it wrong. He was tuff as hell.

Fedor has such a hard face to read that you don't really know what he went through growing up. But, that dignity through sambo because he was poor is a side I did not know. The need to prove his worth is a common theme with poor people. That would be interesting to find out what his little brother did. Fedor in his prime was the goat. I always rooted for him because not only a good fighter but a great human being. I think that matters more than what country your from.

Yes, some parts of the world grow up harder than others, but there are mentally weak people from third world countries, and mentally strong people from 1st world ones, genetics play a huge role

As far as his interests, again, genetics, most people are not obsessed with fighting like us lol. I’m sure he knows enough to defend himself, but that’s different from competing.

I guess this is true to an extent. I mean weak people in third world country might be folks who work the bare minimum to get by and like to lounge around somewhere with no real aspiration. I can believe that but Russia at the time seemed like a place that demands some base level of toughness. Either that or have rich parents who support the fact that you can be a shut in.

Probably it would be some dude who is a house sitter and just watches movies and enjoys the basic internet. Of course everything mentioned is in respect to Ivans timeline which would be the 2000s. My web and graphic designers live in third world and they have decent internet and they work as SEO and social media promoters in regards to coding and all in modern times.

Back then was a different story because there was no social media or technology like today that can be served as distraction and entertainment.

Thanks for the post, I see what your saying now. Did you live in Russia for a bit? Sambo from a Russian teacher is ideal. I remember the first time I heard of Sambo was in an early UFC by the name of Oleg Taktarov...probably spelled it wrong. He was tuff as hell.

Fedor has such a hard face to read that you don't really know what he went through growing up. But, that dignity through sambo because he was poor is a side I did not know. The need to prove his worth is a common theme with poor people. That would be interesting to find out what his little brother did. Fedor in his prime was the goat. I always rooted for him because not only a good fighter but a great human being. I think that matters more than what country your from.

Originally I lived in a part of Iran that was filled with Armenians, they came to Iran because at the time, Armenia was part of soviet union and at one point pre-ayatollah, Iran was a respectable place to live. Anyways I heard from them how Soviet Union life was a big giant fight left and right. I also realized there is some truth to stereotypes because lots of Armenians are very good at judo.

Long story short, there was a lack of food variety, you had canned foods, basic meat and vegetable, if lucky on some days, you get to enjoy some cheese. When 1990 came, something crazy and wild happened:

A year later, Soviet Union was dissolved but look at how excited these people are to eat McDonalds. The cost is half their wage, yet they do it anyways. They also freaked out when the staff was "Smiling" because it looked demonic and they had no idea smiling is part of McDonalds training. Over all, life over there was filled with darkness, doom and gloom. No bright colors, no hope, no aspiration or any sense of "making it in the world" this resulted in tons of rage, anger and frustration which created a dangerous environment to live.

I guess this is true to an extent. I mean weak people in third world country might be folks who work the bare minimum to get by and like to lounge around somewhere with no real aspiration. I can believe that but Russia at the time seemed like a place that demands some base level of toughness. Either that or have rich parents who support the fact that you can be a shut in.

Probably it would be some dude who is a house sitter and just watches movies and enjoys the basic internet. Of course everything mentioned is in respect to Ivans timeline which would be the 2000s. My web and graphic designers live in third world and they have decent internet and they work as SEO and social media promoters in regards to coding and all in modern times.

Back then was a different story because there was no social media or technology like today that can be served as distraction and entertainment.

Originally I lived in a part of Iran that was filled with Armenians, they came to Iran because at the time, Armenia was part of soviet union and at one point pre-ayatollah, Iran was a respectable place to live. Anyways I heard from them how Soviet Union life was a big giant fight left and right. I also realized there is some truth to stereotypes because lots of Armenians are very good at judo.

Long story short, there was a lack of food variety, you had canned foods, basic meat and vegetable, if lucky on some days, you get to enjoy some cheese. When 1990 came, something crazy and wild happened:

A year later, Soviet Union was dissolved but look at how excited these people are to eat McDonalds. The cost is half their wage, yet they do it anyways. They also freaked out when the staff was "Smiling" because it looked demonic and they had no idea smiling is part of McDonalds training. Over all, life over there was filled with darkness, doom and gloom. No bright colors, no hope, no aspiration or any sense of "making it in the world" this resulted in tons of rage, anger and frustration which created a dangerous environment to live.

That is how I would have imagined living under Communism here on the west side. Here in the US, in the early 1900's or before, if you smiled they thought you were an idiot. I was told it was like prostituting yourself so the mind set use to be like that. However, a man by the name Edward Bernes, Sigmund Freuds nephew, was the head in psychology that led to getting people to appeal to their emotions to increase consumption. To buy what you wanted instead of what you only needed. Youtube video "Century of the self," lays out his history and how he even wanted psychologist in congress for senators and House of Representatives.

But, interesting, allot of Russians or the east side just have a compete different mind set than the west. Culture is so different there that people just think differently. Poverty also helps shape your views on the world. When your comfortable vs uncomfortable. Allot of fighters come out of poverty for a reason.

That is how I would have imagined living under Communism here on the west side. Here in the US, in the early 1900's or before, if you smiled they thought you were an idiot. I was told it was like prostituting yourself so the mind set use to be like that. However, a man by the name Edward Bernes, Sigmund Freuds nephew, was the head in psychology that led to getting people to appeal to their emotions to increase consumption. To buy what you wanted instead of what you only needed. Youtube video "Century of the self," lays out his history and how he even wanted psychologist in congress for senators and House of Representatives.

But, interesting, allot of Russians or the east side just have a compete different mind set than the west. Culture is so different there that people just think differently. Poverty also helps shape your views on the world. When your comfortable vs uncomfortable. Allot of fighters come out of poverty for a reason.

It kind of is still to an extent. I am in Canada but it is miserable as hell here. People are angry, out of shape, haggard and doped up. Specially in the downtown or populated area. If I were to smile, they may get angry because they might take it as a form of mockery. Like their internal thoughts are that of torment and here I am giving them a friendly smile which comes of as condescending. Meanwhile my parents live in a nice neighborhood and I am with them. In their neighborhood, it is common to either smile or exchange a polite glance.

Of course for sales its important to smile as long as it looks sincere. It is a big part of developing rapport and I will check the video out for sure. As far as poverty goes, for sure it is very important as long as its the type of poverty that still offers opportunity. If a country is poor and yet offers no incentive for the folks a way out then motivation is still going be non existent.

Speaking of incentive and motivation, I am surprised that Armenia is not a big MMA hotbed. Even little girls fight MMA and they are amazing grapplers and they always and I mean ALWAYS win when they fight with Iran. Check it out:

In Armenia, if you don't how to fight, you are considered a fucking loser!

Its their value system like how some cultures view winners as guys who get laid a lot or make a lot of money. In Armenia, you must learn how to fight and their style is Judo/Sambo and this attitude comes from Russians. Then again Russians may not be like this anymore.

It kind of is still to an extent. I am in Canada but it is miserable as hell here. People are angry, out of shape, haggard and doped up. Specially in the downtown or populated area. If I were to smile, they may get angry because they might take it as a form of mockery. Like their internal thoughts are that of torment and here I am giving them a friendly smile which comes of as condescending. Meanwhile my parents live in a nice neighborhood and I am with them. In their neighborhood, it is common to either smile or exchange a polite glance.

Of course for sales its important to smile as long as it looks sincere. It is a big part of developing rapport and I will check the video out for sure. As far as poverty goes, for sure it is very important as long as its the type of poverty that still offers opportunity. If a country is poor and yet offers no incentive for the folks a way out then motivation is still going be non existent.

Speaking of incentive and motivation, I am surprised that Armenia is not a big MMA hotbed. Even little girls fight MMA and they are amazing grapplers and they always and I mean ALWAYS win when they fight with Iran. Check it out:

In Armenia, if you don't how to fight, you are considered a fucking loser!

Its their value system like how some cultures view winners as guys who get laid a lot or make a lot of money. In Armenia, you must learn how to fight and their style is Judo/Sambo and this attitude comes from Russians. Then again Russians may not be like this anymore.

I grew up living around allot of Armenian's and they would get in allot of fights. Isn't Gegard Mousasi Armenian...he trains in Glendale California as Ronda Rousey did..which has a high population there...that is where I grew up. I will check those videos outs, I find it interesting what life is like else where in the world from other sources than the media. So many fighters coming from other parts of the world and some have superior skills like the Dagestan Russians.

God.

He never got that far to be signed by anyone.

Shouldn't be hard to figure that out.

I grew up living around allot of Armenian's and they would get in allot of fights. Isn't Gegard Mousasi Armenian...he trains in Glendale California as Ronda Rousey did..which has a high population there...that is where I grew up. I will check those videos outs, I find it interesting what life is like else where in the world from other sources than the media. So many fighters coming from other parts of the world and some have superior skills like the Dagestan Russians.
Gegard is ethnically Aremenian, was born in Iran but moved to the Netherlands when he was a little kid and grew up there.

He's doing something that matters
Not a glorified game.
jqeU938fDdY.jpg

Not sure what "hipster" means these days, but that's Ivan a couple years ago.

Russian males go from looking like fitness models in their early 20s to looking like they're in their 40s by the time they're in their late 20s.

Hell, Alex just turned 40 and he looks like he's in his late 50s.

What's what happens when you're born and raised in a country that vodka is $5 a bottle.

Fedor is really the best looking one of the brothers

Ivan looked pretty good but now he looks like shit!

Let it go bro. Let it go.

Sorry but I cannot!

In Armenia, judo and grappling is huge. They are a poor country and yet they pay Gokor to come teach them judo/sambo as well as talk about life in America. Tons of places in Armenia have judo/sambo grappling.

Usually its hybrid as oppose to pure modern judo. They do get in to fights a lot and knowing how to fight is extremely important amongst them. The regrettable thing is, they don't have access or connection to North American MMA. They are really amazing fighters overall. Their weakness maybe kicks but they are solid with boxing and grappling which can take you far. In a way Khabib opened the doors to Dagestanis being integrated in the western culture.

Weird thing is, it would be ideal for a greedy promoter to bring the Armenians in. They don't mind getting short changed since life is not as expensive in their country and money or no money, they are going to fight no matter what.

He's doing something that matters
Not a glorified game.
jqeU938fDdY.jpg

I cannot believe that is him!

Very disappointed to see him like this. No class or self respect. Pissed it all the way to become a cannon fodder. Combat sport gives you a platform to change the world by changing culture. You get to express yourself to the masses and leave an ever lasting impression to the world. Pissed it away to become a cannon fodder...

Russian males go from looking like fitness models in their early 20s to looking like they're in their 40s by the time they're in their late 20s.

Hell, Alex just turned 40 and he looks like he's in his late 50s.

What's what happens when you're born and raised in a country that vodka is $5 a bottle.

I noticed this, everything falls apart in the worse way. It is really sad because they have real good genetics. Is it really because of vodka?

Ivan looked pretty good but now he looks like shit!

Sorry but I cannot!

In Armenia, judo and grappling is huge. They are a poor country and yet they pay Gokor to come teach them judo/sambo as well as talk about life in America. Tons of places in Armenia have judo/sambo grappling.

Usually its hybrid as oppose to pure modern judo. They do get in to fights a lot and knowing how to fight is extremely important amongst them. The regrettable thing is, they don't have access or connection to North American MMA. They are really amazing fighters overall. Their weakness maybe kicks but they are solid with boxing and grappling which can take you far. In a way Khabib opened the doors to Dagestanis being integrated in the western culture.

Weird thing is, it would be ideal for a greedy promoter to bring the Armenians in. They don't mind getting short changed since life is not as expensive in their country and money or no money, they are going to fight no matter what.

I cannot believe that is him!

Very disappointed to see him like this. No class or self respect. Pissed it all the way to become a cannon fodder. Combat sport gives you a platform to change the world by changing culture. You get to express yourself to the masses and leave an ever lasting impression to the world. Pissed it away to become a cannon fodder...

I noticed this, everything falls apart in the worse way. It is really sad because they have real good genetics. Is it really because of vodka?

Gimme yo ass my ogata

Oh god this is fucking disgusting and demoralizing on every level!

With his brothers, he can stay and train with them. Meanwhile the regular person has to have some type of job + train full time without having any connections to the MMA world. Ivan had a name to him. That is a privilaged in itself.
lol

what id he did not want to? Maybe he has a different path?
You see Khabib's brother rarely appears on camera and is happy to remain in the shadows. I can respect that too.

Gimme yo ass my ogata

I don't understand!!?

lol

what id he did not want to? Maybe he has a different path?
You see Khabib's brother rarely appears on camera and is happy to remain in the shadows. I can respect that too.

Different path!!!???

Like what the fuck is there to do in Russia!!?

Like I'm sorry I'm not trying to be disrespectful but places like Russia are worse than a barren wasteland since barren wastelands have this quaint beauty to them. But my point is, if you have to live in those type of countries, you are better off sitting at home and meditating all day long or learning an art or martial arts that leads to you gaining global status.

Have you seen the despair? People lose their mind that their recreational activity is to climb dangerous places just so they could feel alive. That is how hard and unpleasant life is. So knowing what you know now + Ivan having connection and pathway to global success makes me utterly confused and unable to fathom as to why he never continued his MMA training.

Regarding Khabib and his brother. Look, what I am about to say is strange but please try to understand that Dagestan is a mountain and if you live in the wilderness, you are living in a paradise. It may seem like you have nothing and yet you have everything since you have the beauty of life, air and nature as gift to your life. This is much different than living in a Russian city since Dagestan is a mountain. So yes I can imagine Khabibs brother being happy but trust me because I live in Canada and city life is full of miserable angry fucks who are full of despair and people who live near the mountain are for most part very friendly and pleasant.

I don't understand!!?

Different path!!!???

Like what the fuck is there to do in Russia!!?

Like I'm sorry I'm not trying to be disrespectful but places like Russia are worse than a barren wasteland since barren wastelands have this quaint beauty to them. But my point is, if you have to live in those type of countries, you are better off sitting at home and meditating all day long or learning an art or martial arts that leads to you gaining global status.

Have you seen the despair? People lose their mind that their recreational activity is to climb dangerous places just so they could feel alive. That is how hard and unpleasant life is. So knowing what you know now + Ivan having connection and pathway to global success makes me utterly confused and unable to fathom as to why he never continued his MMA training.

Regarding Khabib and his brother. Look, what I am about to say is strange but please try to understand that Dagestan is a mountain and if you live in the wilderness, you are living in a paradise. It may seem like you have nothing and yet you have everything since you have the beauty of life, air and nature as gift to your life. This is much different than living in a Russian city since Dagestan is a mountain. So yes I can imagine Khabibs brother being happy but trust me because I live in Canada and city life is full of miserable angry fucks who are full of despair and people who live near the mountain are for most part very friendly and pleasant.
Some people absolutely do not want fame. They know who they are and that it's not for them.

Back