Did UFC ever try to sign Ivan Emelianenko?

Regarding Igor,Also it is absolutely incredible pressure to live up to his brothers. He just wants a normal life. Some people would rather that. Not everyone is cut out for this shit.

Some people absolutely do not want fame. They know who they are and that it's not for them.

I understand but being an MMA fighter is not about fame but its about transcending your community and the place you live so you can have options for a better life. Lots of boxers get in to boxing not for fame but for a better life and a more respectable identity. If fame was the name of the game, acting is the best bet.

I understand but being an MMA fighter is not about fame but its about transcending your community and the place you live so you can have options for a better life. Lots of boxers get in to boxing not for fame but for a better life and a more respectable identity. If fame was the name of the game, acting is the best bet.
With his last name it is all gonna come down on him before he even does anything

Regarding Igor,Also it is absolutely incredible pressure to live up to his brothers. He just wants a normal life. Some people would rather that. Not everyone is cut out for this shit.

Ivan not Igor.

With his last name it is all gonna come down on him before he even does anything

Still its a privilaged and an honor to be part of MMA royalty. I am hearing about the horrors of life in North Korea. How these guys have no fighting chance to create a better life and are stuck in a never ending hell. Hearing this made me think of how lucky someone can be to just be connected to a person in a high place.

When you see and hear about how some people live in a place of sadness and despair, you can really gain a new found gratitude for all your blessing. All of a sudden what seems like pressure becomes a new found realization of privilaged and god given gift from universe to not be wasted. One thing to add is, Ivan wanted to be an MMA fighter since he trained and seemed decent at it. Also living in the city that is poor should have been extra motivation. If he was living in a mountain then that would be a different story.

Ivan not Igor.

Still its a privilaged and an honor to be part of MMA royalty. I am hearing about the horrors of life in North Korea. How these guys have no fighting chance to create a better life and are stuck in a never ending hell. Hearing this made me think of how lucky someone can be to just be connected to a person in a high place.

When you see and hear about how some people live in a place of sadness and despair, you can really gain a new found gratitude for all your blessing. All of a sudden what seems like pressure becomes a new found realization of privilaged and god given gift from universe to not be wasted. One thing to add is, Ivan wanted to be an MMA fighter since he trained and seemed decent at it. Also living in the city that is poor should have been extra motivation. If he was living in a mountain then that would be a different story.
Sorry,Ivan.

I dont think Ivan is living badly,being a brother of Fedor. By the time he was ready to fight Fedor was already rich. I am sure Fedor could easily use his influence to find him a good job.

Sorry,Ivan.

I dont think Ivan is living badly,being a brother of Fedor. By the time he was ready to fight Fedor was already rich. I am sure Fedor could easily use his influence to find him a good job.

No worries, honest mistake. You maybe correct but I have a feeling that Fedor is not the type to give free hand outs. Of course I could be very wrong but I do remember in his book that he mentioned that in order for someone to develop character, they must have a struggle that they must find a way to overcome in which conquering the difficulty is the act of one becoming a better person.

I am not sure if this was exact quote but it was among the same lines. With that in line, I do not think Fedor would resort to nepotism.

No worries, honest mistake. You maybe correct but I have a feeling that Fedor is not the type to give free hand outs. Of course I could be very wrong but I do remember in his book that he mentioned that in order for someone to develop character, they must have a struggle that they must find a way to overcome in which conquering the difficulty is the act of one becoming a better person.

I am not sure if this was exact quote but it was among the same lines. With that in line, I do not think Fedor would resort to nepotism.
Well I believe Fedor,but that doesnt mean he didnt help him along in some way. All i'm saying is that not everyone named Emelianenko is automatically cut out for MMA,esp with the kind of pressure he has,that Fedor did not have. When Aleks got out of prison,it seems Fedor immediatley got him into the training to steer him on the right track. For sure Ivan was an athlete in the first pictures we see of him,but it could be he found a different path. That is ok too. Same w Khabib's brother. He not only does not seek to be a famous fighter,he seldom ever appears on camera.

Back