Did The Mcgregor vs Mendes Fight Change Your Outlook On Aldo vs Mcgregor?

damson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After watching Mendes vs Mcgregor, do you think mcgregor's chances of winning against aldo went up, went down, or stayed the same?

I see McGregor as a more legitimate threat to the title now.

After the Mendes fight, It should be a consensus that Connor is a real threat to Aldo. I thought Mendes would rip a hole through his chest, but i was damn wrong. Connor is legit as fuck. Imo he takes Aldo out. Younger, larger, more reach, fresher, more swag and momentum, faster, more versatile. This fight will obviously take place standing and i see Aldo eating tons of kicks to the liver/stomach area and gassing out rather fast.

Last edited:
For me they went down. I was pretty even on Aldo/Conor up until the Mendes fight. But seeing the difficulties he had defending takedowns and being on his back, in addition to, getting hit often I am going with Aldo.

I mean I always saw Conor as a big threat to the title and still do but I am just more confident in Aldo winning now.

I was rooting for Conor but was a little nervous when he had to fight Chad. How easily he handled Chad, did make me think he is legit for sure.

I saw Mendes continuously clip Conor and take him down with ease before gassing, so yeah, I think Aldo wins even easier this time.

They actually went down, but it's still a very competitive and interesting fight. Can't wait.

They went up a bit because Conor proved he's a worthy contender by finally beating a guy worth mentioning, but at the same time the fight exposed some holes in his game by a guy coming in on short notice.

I still got Aldo.

I saw Mendes continuously clip Conor and take him down with ease before gassing, so yeah, I think Aldo wins even easier this time.

his strategy was phenomenal though. He tried to inflict tons of damage in Chad's mid section so he would gas even faster. It worked marvelously.

Or you believe that didn't play a roll on Chad gassing out horribly?.....

Down for me. I saw them as pretty even before the Mendes fight, but now that I've seen just how many holes Connor actually has, it doesn't look good for him. Those holes play well into Aldo's strengths.

I'll be betting on this one for sure. Aldo finishes late in the 3rd.

Up.

People are acting as if McGregor was taken down repeatedly by someone like Cub Swanson or Jeremy Stephens. He held his own on the ground against one of the best wrestlers in the UFC even if he didn't train wrestling. I don't think Aldo will be too much of a challenge in the wrestling department.

This fight will be a stand up war.

Up.

People are acting as if McGregor was taken down repeatedly by someone like Cub Swanson or Jeremy Stephens. He held his own on the ground against one of the best wrestlers in the UFC even if he didn't train wrestling. I don't think Aldo will be too much of a challenge in the wrestling department.

Mendes can take nearly anyone down, but his top control is iffy at best. Having said that, he was still able to hold Connor down. With Aldo's ground game, Connor is fucked if it hits the deck.

EDIT: I just noticed that Aldo has a better TD success rate than Mendes by a fucking mile too. I didn't see that one coming.

Last edited:
Up.

This. UP.

Down for me. I saw them as pretty even before the Mendes fight, but now that I've seen just how many holes Connor actually has, it doesn't look good for him. Those holes play well into Aldo's strengths.

I'll be betting on this one for sure. Aldo finishes late in the 3rd.

Same for me. I always saw Conor as a elite FW after the Siver fight and a threat to beat Aldo. But its the holes in his game that make me think Aldo will win this fight, I was uncertain before.

Stayed the same really. It just confirmed what I already suspected; McGregor is a better striker than Mendes and his guard is lacking but he can defend well enough on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back