Did Shields just guarantee himself an injured leg?

Such a cool fight.
I'm taking Shields but you never know..

I doubt Paul Harris can leg lock Shields. Jake is too good to get caught in that, plus you have to factor in that he's gonna train leg locks whole camp with high level guys.

Palhares has shown lack of heart and Shields has it in spades. If the fight goes long, Jake will probably sub him.

I would have said the exact same thing about Fitch.

Belcher looked great with the escapes, but if Rousimar is hungry for the leg, I think he'll get something quick. I'm pretty sure Fitch must have trained escapes a lot too, but didn't help.

Fitch said he got too confident and thought he had more time and wiggle room to escape the leg lock. If true, that was really dumb and I don't expect Jake to do the same thing.

If Jake Shields cleanly leglocked a non-gassed Palhares, I would literally shit myself

If Jake Shields tkos palhares I'll commit e-suicide

Rousimar has better stand up, better wrestling and is much more athletic. I see palhares throwing jake around like he did horn and winning a decision

Maybe, but I don't know. Fitch was having success with his jab. Like Fitch, Shields' striking is boring and non-lethal, but can be effective and high-volume. You seem to assume this will be a repeat of Jake vs. Lombard.

While Hector and Palhares have similar builds and otherworldly strength, they aren't the same. Hector has world-class judo and is even a bit stronger IMO. He and Akiyama are the only guys to ragdoll Jake, and both did it with exceptional judo. Palhares may take down Shields a few times, but I expect the wrestling to be more competitive.

After seeing Shields vs. Maia I doubt there is a man in MMA that will be able to finish Shields on the ground.

I'm interested to see how this fight plays out. Jake did very well against Maia but Paul Harris has crazy retard strength. Respectfully. I'm going with a rare Shields via TKO rd 3.

I don't know, Shields wailed on a gassed Hendo for 4 rounds and couldn't get the stop. He might have the most pillowy fists I've ever seen

I don't know, Shields wailed on a gassed Hendo for 4 rounds and couldn't get the stop. He might have the most pillowy fists I've ever seen

True, but if he fights Palhares in a 5-rounder, I can see a similar result...at least in the championship rounds. A 3-rounder is harder to predict.

After seeing Shields vs. Maia I doubt there is a man in MMA that will be able to finish Shields on the ground.

Yeah, Jake proved by beating Maia that he'll beat The Tree Stump Steroid.

Would be a great fight! Shields by decision

Shields has pretty good top control, he could pull it off. Looking forward to the fight.

WSOF was dieing one minute now they have some legit interesting stuff coming up.

Palhares' best chance of beating Shields is on the feet.

Which is why he'll lose.

Shields should be able to control him

But you never know with palhares, all it takes is a few seconds

I guess even after the Maia win people still doubt Shields' wrestling. Jake proved himself as one of the best grapplers in MMA. I doubt Palhares will win.

I cant see Jake losing this one. He's on another level than Paul Harris.

Plus, Jake's never been submitted in a MMA fight.

I don't think Jake has ever had his leg bent in ways it's not designed to go either.

Back